RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

The RX350 vs Lincoln Variant (service loaners compared)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-11, 03:22 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

EMS, couldn't agree with you more on the attitude. My acronym for Ford, F*** Off Royally Dear. I put the asterisks in myself
Old 03-18-11, 05:04 PM
Boykster21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before we bought our '11 RX450h the wife wanted to give the Escape Hybrid a look. Man what a world of difference stepping onto a Ford dealership from a Lexus one! Even if we weren't completely underwhelmed by the car, we likely wouldn't have bought the car due to the really bad service. Our sales guy admitted he was "really wired" because he just drank 2 monster energy drinks. He knew less about the car than I did (and I didn't do much research, just read the Ford product page) and was a complete space case.

The only redeeming factor was they had a Ford GT in the showroom that they let me sit in....
Old 03-18-11, 05:04 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sync system is REALLY easy to use.... actually I like it the most of ANY system I've ever used in a car...
Old 03-18-11, 08:13 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Remember a lincoln is still a ford, so that equates to absolutely no reliability, or durability. Found On Road Dead; just like any other domestic car....
Old 03-18-11, 08:15 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Ill give it to ford for turning around these last 2-3 years. I wouldnt mind driving a fusion or new focus
Old 03-18-11, 09:46 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

I was treated badly at a GMC dealership when I was interested in the Acadia Denali. They were in production at the time, and the salesperson had no clue about pricing or features. We had to pretty much beg for attention the minute we walked in the door, and from there it was downhill. After a few awkward minutes in the showroom, he said, "sooo I guess you wanna see a regular acadia?"....I guess. I left and they called me a week later to tell me they had a Denali if I wanted to look at it.....ummmm....NO.
Old 03-18-11, 09:47 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

You do have to give it to Ford for not taking a government bail out!
Old 03-19-11, 08:28 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ebenz315
I was treated badly at a GMC dealership when I was interested in the Acadia Denali. They were in production at the time, and the salesperson had no clue about pricing or features. We had to pretty much beg for attention the minute we walked in the door, and from there it was downhill. After a few awkward minutes in the showroom, he said, "sooo I guess you wanna see a regular acadia?"....I guess. I left and they called me a week later to tell me they had a Denali if I wanted to look at it.....ummmm....NO.
I took my wife's Nissan in for service and to kill time I walked to another building on the dealership's property. The Chevy building. I walked in and around and didn't receive any acknowledgement whatsoever from the sales staff. Circling a Corvette a couple of times didn't get their attention either.

Originally Posted by ebenz315
You do have to give it to Ford for not taking a government bail out!
I had a lemon Ford truck years ago and still hold a grudge, but I respect them for not taking government money and succeeding so well.
Old 03-19-11, 09:08 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by k9shelly1
The SYNC is awesome and I will give the Lincoln that, but I don't dislike the RX's system.
Don't give that to Ford-Lincoln-Mercury. Give that to Microsoft. Ford capitalized on that system big-time.
Old 03-20-11, 10:25 AM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts...
Old 03-20-11, 02:01 PM
texas02118
Driver

I will never ever ever give my money to an American company like Ford, Lincoln, or Chrysler. Those cars are fugly and unreliable.
Old 03-23-11, 03:50 AM
stw2046
Driver

Originally Posted by k9shelly1
i had the choice between the two and went with the rx after the test drive. I felt that the lincoln didn't have the giddyup that the rx has especially on the highway when attempting to pass. I also felt that the interior was inferior to the rx. The interior on the rx is simple yet delivers. The lincoln felt like something was going to break.

The leather in the rx is soft and feels nice. The lincoln felt like i was sitting on a rough cardboard box that didn't give much.

The sync is awesome and i will give the lincoln that, but i don't dislike the rx's system. If the minor oversights in the rx could be fixed it would be closer in this area.

Overall the rx was just better. Plus i did the research and could not find any bad reviews on the rx. The lincoln, well, its a ford product.

+1 +well said!
Old 03-27-11, 02:25 PM
Bobroob
Driver School Candidate

The 2010 rx450h has a clunky set up with the 12v outlet and USB sunk into the center console between the drive and passenger. Can't close the center console fully because the USB wire sticks through it and I use that to power my Android-running device (why does Lexus not improve the software to recognize a non-Apple device?). Not impressive but in the grand scheme of things it's not so hard to bear, is it?
Old 03-27-11, 05:05 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobroob
The 2010 rx450h has a clunky set up with the 12v outlet and USB sunk into the center console between the drive and passenger. Can't close the center console fully because the USB wire sticks through it and I use that to power my Android-running device (why does Lexus not improve the software to recognize a non-Apple device?). Not impressive but in the grand scheme of things it's not so hard to bear, is it?
on the driver's side of the cubby hole, by the heated seat controls, there is a pass through you can open up for the wires

Old 03-27-11, 07:17 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
on the driver's side of the cubby hole, by the heated seat controls, there is a pass through you can open up for the wires

I was just going to say the same thing. I have my phone charger plug and my portable GPS charger routed through the pass-through. No problems with closing the console that way.

Quick Reply: The RX350 vs Lincoln Variant (service loaners compared)