RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

need to vent!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-11, 09:50 AM
JenBowes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to vent!!!!!!!!

So I'm enjoying a nice lazy Sunday yesterday before the craziness of this week at work starts and i get a knock at my door from my neighbor to go out back and look at what happened to my car...

Some juvenile delinquent drew all over my RX with a rock or bone or something sharp. The entire car is marked with the exception of the roof which he probably couldnt reach. He got every panel of the car except the roof! I've only had the car 6 months and it's going to need a complete new paint job. its scratched down to the steel or whatever it is underneath there... We only think we know the kid that did it and we don't even know where he lives so I'm screwed royally.

I knew my fellow RX lovers would understand and feel my pain!!!!!!!!

I just wanna cry...
Old 04-11-11, 10:04 AM
Mylo
Driver School Candidate

That's sad. I definitely feel your pain and this is one of my worst fears owning a 2011 RX 350. I hope things will turn out alright after the paint job is done.

If you don't mind can you post pics of the damage?
Old 04-11-11, 10:14 AM
Brew1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would make me want to find the little perp and teach them a lesson...
Sorry to hear that happened..
Old 04-11-11, 10:35 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

that sucks, especially if it was in your own driveway. I would want to cry too. Make sure it really is deep down into the paint. See if you can feel the indents with your finger nail. If you dont feel the scratch with your finger nail, a good detailer will be able to buff it right off. However, if you can feel it with your finger nail, then yes you have to repaint it. Kids can be so mean
Old 04-11-11, 11:07 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

Man that gets to me. Kids like that are bound to be little *^$% in life. I hope he grows out of it.

I'm sorry and hope you get your RX to like new again.
Old 04-11-11, 11:14 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

sorry to hear about this. Jesus, what is wrong with people?!?!

get a police report. not sure how insurance will handle that, but it's going to cost you a lot more than your deductible, to not go through your insurance.
Old 04-11-11, 11:16 AM
kenbrooks2
Driver School Candidate

Yesterday, the kids in my court were playing catch in the parking lot. Every other throw, the stupid baseball was hitting a car. I wanted to grab one of those snot-nosed punks and hang him by his buster browns! But I don't want to be singled out as the mean old man, then I would really get targeted.

No win situation. Makes me sometimes wish I had just bought an old beat up Honda. lol.
Old 04-11-11, 11:30 AM
SimonJinx
Driver School Candidate

For a several hundred bucks you can get a security camera & DVR ($250 at Costco). The bastard will be back.
Old 04-11-11, 12:01 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

That wasn't much of a vent. You'd a heard me screaming clear from here.

Working with the police will be important. Whatever was "drawn" on the car may be similar to something they are already working on. If the police work with the local school system, that too will lead to faster resolution of this problem. The responsible party just can't seem to not brag about what they've done.

Stupid, senseless act for sure.
Old 04-11-11, 01:05 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default My REAL reaction would probably get me bared by Admin

I'm so sorry, usually vandalism such as that is done by punks that didn't have good parenting and will go out of their way to make life difficult for people that work hard to get the nice things they like.

Makes me glad I live in a large development with one way in and only same way out and off a cul de sac two streets off the main drive. Not to many incidents like that here and no through traffic and no teenagers on my street. I also 'use' my garage.
Old 04-11-11, 01:26 PM
rosros
Driver School Candidate

Yikes, losing the factory finish at such a tender young age...or any age. Its only factory finished once and cannot be duplicated. I feel for you.
Old 04-11-11, 03:15 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

Go through your insurance. Comprehensive covers vandalism. Kids like that probably turn into serial murderers.
Old 04-11-11, 03:45 PM
Alucard
Pole Position

I thought my friends and I did stupid stuff when we were young, but we never touched people's cars.
Old 04-11-11, 03:58 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Make you sure you file a police report, and catch that kid. He's only going to continue doing stupider things.
Old 04-11-11, 05:29 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Jen, so sorry to hear about your RX. Total lack of respect. Wonder why Make sure you file a report so the police can catch the person or persons responsible. Go with your gut, you're probably right. And people talk. In the meantime, find a reputable body shop to get your paint back to new. Hurts like hell right now but it will get better.

Quick Reply: need to vent!!!!!!!!