RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Stupid accident

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-11, 06:01 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Stupid accident

I drove on the highway last week. A dummy bastard smashed my car from the back and took off. The rear bumper and lights got broken. The trunk got pushed in. The stupid thing was he didn't stop to exchange info. I just chased him for 10 seconds and wrote the license plate # to do the report.

Last edited by sweetboy02; 04-12-11 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-11-11, 07:52 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW! That really sucks. I hope they are able to track him down. Hopefully he is insured but I'm thinking not. Good Luck with your adventure, I definitely feel your pain.
Old 04-11-11, 09:16 PM
yahj
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uninsured or drunk
Old 04-12-11, 06:14 AM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad you got the plate number. Police should be able to track them down unless it was a stolen car
Old 04-12-11, 06:26 AM
ebenz315
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yahj
uninsured or drunk
or both.

the fastest way to get your car fixed is with uninsired motorist property damage coverage, if they offer it in your state. usually, if they are able to track the person down, you pay a deductible, and if not, you pay no deductible. the reasoning behind that is they will just subrogate and get your deductible back since they know who the person is.

it also supplies you with a rental, and your rates should not go up for putting in a umpd claim. thats' the way it is in RI and MA, where I am licensed.
Old 04-12-11, 07:26 AM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sweetboy02
I drove on the highway last week. I dummy bastard smashed my car from the back and took off. The rear bumper and lights got broken. The trunk got pushed in. The stupid thing was he didn't stop to exchange info. I just chased him for 10 seconds and wrote the license plate # to do the report.
That really sucks. I hope they track the guy down and you don't have to wait too long to get it fixed. I know you must be pissed off. At least you were okay. Very often the drunks survive the accidents and the innocent people get hurt.
Old 04-12-11, 07:42 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Did they find her/him yet?
Old 04-12-11, 08:16 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not stopping in case of an accident is against the law.

"Any driver who fails to fulfill their duties after being involved in an accident can receive a traffic ticket, at a minimum. In some cases, especially when an accident causes injury or death, a driver who leaves the scene of an accident can be subject to serious criminal charges such as "felony hit and run."

Get the sob.
Old 04-12-11, 08:23 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

People that do crap like this really **** me off. There needs to be stronger legislation to deal with these idiots. I tried after my brother parked on the side of the road, a high school friend walking to the train and another friend on a motorcycle were victims of hit and run drivers in a course of three months. The latter two were killed, my brother fortunately was ok but not his Toyota pickup.

sweet, I hope you pursue this with a vengeance. Scums like this have to be taken off the road and thrown into jail for a long time. It sound like you're ok. Best of luck.
Old 04-12-11, 09:55 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just dropped off my car the the body shop. The gate, rear bumper needs to be replaced. $4000 estimate. My insurance called the owner of the car and he said he didn't aware of the accident. However, his/her insurance called me and sends me a form to fill out and said they are aware of the accident...
Old 04-12-11, 10:01 AM
ebenz315
Rookie

I just dropped off my car the the body shop. The gate, rear bumper needs to be replaced. $4000 estimate. My insurance called the owner of the car and he said he didn't aware of the accident. However, his/her insurance called me and sends me a form to fill out and said they are aware of the accident...

what a jerk!
Old 04-12-11, 10:05 AM
timlrx11
Driver

Wow, that is a big chunk of damage. I am glad to hear that your insurance company was able to track him/her down. Hope your insurance premium will not go up because of this...

Old 04-12-11, 10:51 AM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

That guy is a complete jerk. I hope they haul his @ss into court.
Old 04-12-11, 10:55 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

everyone should get police report for record for just in case. My RX was side swiped in the rear quarter panel after 7 months of ownership and the teenager who was at fault admited onsite but tried to deny later. luckily I took series of pictures and called the police [but couldn't come because it was during snowy day]. luckily his parent admited to fault and it was fixed. Another problem is with collision center my dealer uses didn't do a good job and left a huge blanding mishap between rear door. as always, half of the replacement parts listed on estimate order sheet wasn't replaced and crappy job in repair made me so angry that I left complaints on BBB. after months of complaints and with 3-4 attempts to correct the crappy workmanship, it still looks crappy and I finally gave up. hope you have better luck.
Old 04-12-11, 06:10 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

This really pisses me off hearing these. We had our '03 Solara totalled because of Fker's like these.

Quick Reply: Stupid accident