RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Newly picked up RX WON'T start 30 mins after delivery !

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-11 | 01:46 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Glad your dealership came to the rescue and took care of you. I know it is disappointing with a new car, but there are worse things that could have gone wrong. Enjoy your new RX and the excellent service that you'll be getting from the service department. They have never let me down before.
Old 04-15-11 | 02:27 PM
txt
Driver

Originally Posted by fr0mastaj
Is this green window seen from the top where the posts are? or is it on of of the sides?
It is a round clear window on top of my Toyota-branded battery.

Not every battery has this window.
My Honda-branded battery doesn't have this window.
Old 04-15-11 | 04:45 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by py0413

Anyway, the car is now taken back at the dealership. Special thanks to my sales rep. who stayed in to do delivery with me after his shift and came out to help on bringing a loaner vehicle for me to use. I am lucky to have such a professional and responsible sales rep. Tomorrow morning I will head back to the dealership and have a little discussion with their store manager about this incident. Obviously, the person or department did the pre-delivery inspection wasn't aware the battery problem. I wish Lexus would use the same battery BMW is using as those batteries have a indicator that tells if it is in good condition or not. Hopefully, they will make up something for me. Maybe a couple free oil changes or some useful accessories. I certainly let this community know about the outcomes and will upload some pictures of my new RX soon.

Thanks guys and have a good one!
So Did you demand anything? and did you get any free oil change or accessories?
Old 04-16-11 | 08:46 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sweetboy02
So Did you demand anything? and did you get any free oil change or accessories?
Curious why the OP should demand something? The dealership seems to have been proactive in solving this pretty minor inconvenience. Must we always 'get something' or 'punish someone' when things don't work out as we plan?
Old 04-16-11 | 12:27 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Curious why the OP should demand something? The dealership seems to have been proactive in solving this pretty minor inconvenience. Must we always 'get something' or 'punish someone' when things don't work out as we plan?
Agreed. But that is human been, it happens everywhere.
Old 04-16-11 | 03:47 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I wouldn't put it to where they have to be punished, it's sort of a bargain for the inconvenience that was caused to where your time is spent on dealing with this situation when it shouldn't have happened, considering the price you payed for the vehicle. It's a form of customer service from them to offer you something for your time loss.
Old 04-16-11 | 11:05 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

I remember during the four years that I drove the 2007 RX, I ended up getting two batteries in that four years. Thankfully they were all under warranty, so no money out of my pocket. I also wasn't left stranded with the vehicle, but I could tell that it was becoming difficult to start the vehicle. I still wish that Lexus would maybe put a little more heavy duty battery in the RX. I'm kind of expecting this to happen eventually with my 2010 RX.
Old 04-17-11 | 08:56 PM
py0413
Driver

Alright guys! I am back from my short (nearly 700kms) weekend road trip with my RX. Seems like battery was really the problem for the failure starting on the first day. I have not experienced any issue with the vehicle since then. Will share a short review in another thread soon.

As for the problem happened on the first day, I didn't really demand anything from the dealership. It was more like I want them to know what happened and pay attention to their future deliveries. If they offer anything, I will take it; if not, at least they solved the problem nice and smooth for me. The service department manager followed up with an e-mail on the next morning after I had the car back. I told him everything was working perfectly fine up to that point and is still doing well as of now.

I agree with that nowadays, pre-delivery work on vehicles are not done as nicely as in the past. I remember when my friend bought a first generation LS back in the early 90s. The car was prepared like it was going to be a show car at some important event. The Lexus service was unbeatable back in then. He had a customer smoking and accidentally burned a hole on the passenger side seat. Lexus would replace that seat without any second thought.

I guess I was too exciting about driving a new car on to a trip and I forgot my camera at home. The result is that there is still no PICTURES to share yet! It should come tomorrow after I give a it a nice wash!