RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

XM Radio Curious

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-11, 05:35 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Traffic is billed quarterly at $12 and change. I went with lifetime XM for those occasional times I want to listen to something different. Now weather is a joke. Severe weather warnings with the sun shining and clear skies. Must have been left over from days before. I did not renew it.

I contacted XM before the 3-month freebie expired. The key is to call their regular number, not the one Lexus gives you, for the best deals.
Old 04-24-11, 06:02 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrington
How did you guys get the $77.00 a year deal? They just sent me the order form saying it would be $142.00 + tax when my free time is up in May?

give it one to two months after it is cancelled. They will send you a letter in the mail saying "they want you back"

other people say you can just call and say you got that deal in the mail. There is no promo code or anything
Old 04-24-11, 09:17 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you Google deals on xm radio, you will see a lot of people have luck with mentioning the "$77 deal" for the year. It apparently is an internet special, and all oh have to do is ask for it. From what I have read, if the sales rep doesn't give it to you, hang uo and call back. When its time to renew again, call and say you'd like the same deal. You may have to go as far as cancellation dept, but they give it to you in then end. I will be trying this when my subscription is up....and yes they have been calling me too!
Old 04-25-11, 12:00 PM
MC5Wes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default XM/Sirius

I had XM service in my first RX. And loved it. Then after a few years I noticed that instead of being commercial free. It became all talk all the time.

I just want to listen to music. But no, now you have to listen to the DJs talking between every song. Then have a couple of XM commecials. Then they started talking over the music like on AM stations. All they are missing now if some Sofa-King commericals. And you would not be able to tell the difference.

I told the Programming Director through emails. That all of the channels need to be like " Watercolors " But no avail.

I dont have it in my new Lexus. Its not worth it.
Old 04-25-11, 01:12 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
I had XM service in my first RX. And loved it. Then after a few years I noticed that instead of being commercial free. It became all talk all the time.

I dont have it in my new Lexus. Its not worth it.
Double down. Blackjack.
Old 04-25-11, 03:12 PM
the lof
Driver School Candidate

I've gotten $77 rate (+royal fees) twice. You need to push for the rate just prior to the due date. Remember they have your credit card number and will to do a automatic renewal (full price) on the due date, if they don't hear from you.
Old 06-13-11, 09:50 AM
dinub1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Barrington
I am curious if you new RX owners have been hounded on the phone by the XM radio sales people about continuing the service after the free 3 months are up and how many of you are going to keep the service and if so what are you paying? I really did not think that I would really listen to it but I have to admit I am considering keeping it just to have more variety. It's sort of like when cable TV first came out and we said I'm not paying for that! Hell, now my Directv bill is $148.00 a month.
I am not sure if you know this fact, but (I don't know if directTV has it), my DISH networks provides has all SIRIUS/XM radio channels free, via the satellite service. True, I can only access them via my TV set and not in the car. But who cares?
I was about 5 yr subscribed to SIRIUS for $12.95 a months. With a car receiver. Then I got unemployed and I cut the service. Now SIRIUS wants to tempt me to come back with a deal of "5 months for $25". I am back to work. Why would I do it when I can receive all these satellite radio channels for free, via DISH Network?
And my DISHNetwork service with approx 200 channels and 2 hi-def boxes costs only about $65 a month. And we are not TV addicts.

Last edited by dinub1; 06-13-11 at 09:53 AM. Reason: correction
Old 06-13-11, 07:24 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

I get home at 5AM after night shift and one of the sales people call me at 9AM after that he found out that his mom and dad were not married AND they were brother and sister. They do not call me anymore. Just got a three month free deal but will pass on it. Too many oak trees in Mobile it cuts in and out all the time on many of the roads in town and on my way to work.
Old 06-14-11, 05:28 AM
Orbit
Rookie

Originally Posted by dinub1
I am not sure if you know this fact, but (I don't know if directTV has it), my DISH networks provides has all SIRIUS/XM radio channels free, via the satellite service. True, I can only access them via my TV set and not in the car. But who cares?
I was about 5 yr subscribed to SIRIUS for $12.95 a months. With a car receiver. Then I got unemployed and I cut the service. Now SIRIUS wants to tempt me to come back with a deal of "5 months for $25". I am back to work. Why would I do it when I can receive all these satellite radio channels for free, via DISH Network?
And my DISHNetwork service with approx 200 channels and 2 hi-def boxes costs only about $65 a month. And we are not TV addicts.
I get many music channels with my cable service. I have an MP3 recorder, and sometimes I hook it up to my cable box and record several hours of that music. Load the files onto my iPod, and I'm good to go. No artist/song info, of course, but not a problem for me.
Old 06-16-11, 01:40 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

^Sound like old school recording where back then, we just record on a casette radio but we had to timed it to where you don't include he DJ. LOL.
Old 06-16-11, 03:26 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yesterday I called XM to get my wife her first subscription after the 3 month trial in her new Toyota. I asked for the 77 dollar deal and was told they did not have 77 dollar deal. I hung up.

A few hours later I called back and spoke to a different representative who reactivated her XM after giving me the 77 dollar deal. Go figure !

I also asked to be mailed the invoice so I could pay by check. That way I don't get trapped into their automatic renewal.