RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Incomplete Option/ Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 05:06 PM
GavinTyler
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incomplete Option/ Package - Resolved!

Hi All. I recently purchased an '11 RX350 w/ Premium, Navi & Comfort. I noticed that I do not have HID, Rain sensing wipers and 12 speakers. I do have 19" Chrome wheels and heated/ventilated leather seat with perforation. Does the comfort package vary by region/ state? I checked the sticker and it states what I have. I'm in Los Angeles btw. Thanks.

Last edited by GavinTyler; 05-14-11 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-10-11, 05:09 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I dont know why Lexus would exclude those things in the cars they make...probably to meet the price point of certain customers, but that is just how they do it. If you go to lexus.com and build an RX by imputing your zip code, it will give you all the configurations that are sent to your area.
Old 05-10-11, 05:21 PM
GavinTyler
Driver School Candidate

Thanks RXSF, I will try that. Is there a quick way to check if I have 12 or 9 speakers? I know some will say just count em but some here can't even locate the 9th speaker so I won't even try. Thanks to CL, I'm not as bummed out as when I first found out as I can upgrade to HID although it won't move towards the turn. Don't care too much about the wipers as it hardly rains here.
Old 05-10-11, 05:49 PM
RXSF

if you have the window sticker, and if it doesnt say 12 speaker on the options side, then you probably dont have it. I assume that one of the speakers that is part of the 12 speaker option is the one on the dash under the rear view mirror, but im not sure
Old 05-10-11, 06:02 PM
Barrington
Rookie

I live in Northern Ca and my 2011 RX350 has Comfort/Prem/Navi/ packages and as stated on the window sticker it has all the stuff that you say yours does not have? If it says it on the sticker and it's not there visit the dealer and check it out. The 12 speaker option is seperate for $110.00, rain sensing wipers is part of the comfort package along with the HID (AFS) headlights, heated/cooled seats for $1950.00, For what these packages cost get everything that you are entitled to.

Last edited by Barrington; 05-10-11 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-10-11, 07:24 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you don't really have those packages. Check the window sticker!
Old 05-10-11, 08:11 PM
GavinTyler
Driver School Candidate

I check the sticker and it doesn't state Comf Package. It seems like the salesman brought down the car w/ the color I want w/ the closest option to what I asked. I would've appreciated if he told me though. The good thing is that I wasn't charged for it.
Old 05-11-11, 06:25 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinTyler
I check the sticker and it doesn't state Comf Package. It seems like the salesman brought down the car w/ the color I want w/ the closest option to what I asked. I would've appreciated if he told me though. The good thing is that I wasn't charged for it.
sounds like you got ripped from a slick sales person. Do you have what he said in writing? In VA, premium package will automatically include comfort package unless special order. too bad, looks like only few hundred dollar differences for real comfort and premium package that includes rain sensing, 12 speaker, and HID you mentioned.
Old 05-11-11, 07:53 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's too bad, but in the end it was your responsibility to make sure exactly what you were buying was what you wanted. Most salespeople wouldn't even be that aware of the various packages; most customers want a particular color and either want Nav or they don't. Most don't worry about the other packages and their content. So your salesman may just have been clueless.
Old 05-11-11, 09:18 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you did not get the packages/options that you desired. Most salesmen should be aware of the packages and understand the options for cars they are selling. As a minimum, I assume most salesman can "read" a window sticker ? Sounds like a communication gap in this sale.
Old 05-11-11, 09:42 AM
GavinTyler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evitzee
That's too bad, but in the end it was your responsibility to make sure exactly what you were buying was what you wanted. Most salespeople wouldn't even be that aware of the various packages; most customers want a particular color and either want Nav or they don't. Most don't worry about the other packages and their content. So your salesman may just have been clueless.
That's true and I'm aware of that now. I know that I should've checked the sticker when they brought down the car for the test drive. The sticker wasn't there when I drove it (daytime, so couldn't check HID). In addition, having noticed that it has heated seats I knew that's part of the Comf package. I never knew that it could be added separately without the others. I don't think that I got ripped since I didn't pay for the whole Comf package but just felt bad since I was prepared to buy it. I will talk to the GM and see what he'll say. I know that the HID and 12 speaker could be added later and I don't really care for the rain sensing wipers.
Old 05-11-11, 10:26 AM
GavinTyler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sightdev
sounds like you got ripped from a slick sales person. Do you have what he said in writing? In VA, premium package will automatically include comfort package unless special order. too bad, looks like only few hundred dollar differences for real comfort and premium package that includes rain sensing, 12 speaker, and HID you mentioned.
That's what confuses me. So in VA, it's either NAV or no NAV? Comf is roughly 2K. I pretty much have the Prem, Navi + heated/vent seats, wood & leather steering wheel & shift **** and "19 alloy wheels w/ all season tires. I paid $640 out of the $2040 that the whole Comf package cost.
Old 05-11-11, 10:51 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

That's what confuses me. So in VA, it's either NAV or no NAV? Comf is roughly 2K. I pretty much have the Prem, Navi + heated/vent seats, wood & leather steering wheel & shift **** and "19 alloy wheels w/ all season tires. I paid $640 out of the $2040 that the whole Comf package cost.
i checked the Lexus site and looks like Lexus have made more changes to packages/contents. packages are little more confusing with similar names that subtracts HID and rain sensing wipers. considering the cost of the vehicle, Lexus should make HID, and rain sensing wipers all standard. both of these are all standard on $26k KIA Optima SX.
Old 05-11-11, 11:02 AM
GavinTyler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sightdev
i checked the Lexus site and looks like Lexus have made more changes to packages/contents. packages are little more confusing with similar names that subtracts HID and rain sensing wipers. considering the cost of the vehicle, Lexus should make HID, and rain sensing wipers all standard. both of these are all standard on $26k KIA Optima SX.
I know! I drove it last night (wife's car) and I keep asking myself "Is the headlight on already? I feel like I'm driving my civic, how much did this car cost again?" I really feel HID should be standard on luxury cars. Thank goodness for the cheap HID mods.

Last edited by GavinTyler; 05-11-11 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-11-11, 11:44 AM
RXSF

well we have to understand the RX is Lexus' bread and butter vehicle and is by far the best selling vehicle in their line up for the past 9 years. They have to meet a variety of customers, from those who just want to pay 39K to those who want to loaded up 63K RXh.

same thing happened to my uncle last month. He had been leasing an LS460 with most of the bells and whistles. Well he went in for a service and the salesman started feeling him out. They gave him a deal he couldnt refuse. He could get out of his remaining lease, would not have to pay for the damages he made to the car's body, didnt have to pay for that day's service, and his lease payments would drop from $1200 to $700.

He calls me a week later and said that he misses all the comforts of the LS...for some reason he bought an RX awd model, which he will never need as it comes with a heavy duty alternator. No HIDs either, or the comfort package...

Quick Reply: Incomplete Option/ Package