RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Best deal on XM?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 11:29 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by lexethan
I just got off the phone with Xm. Thanks to you guys I got the $77 deal as well! Paying by check.
I just got the $77/1 year deal too. My subscription expired several months ago but I wanted the service for an upcoming trip (to SD). Paid by check and they waived the $2 Invoice Fee).
Old 09-27-11, 06:07 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Two years ago this month after my 90 days was out I bought the life for $300. It took several phone calls but I finally got to the same person another poster did and was able to score the price. I called back a few months later and got the whole package for another $150. I let them debit my credit card every 90 days for $9.00 for traffic and weather. The traffic alone is worth that to me. Mine is a 2010 built in May of 09 so I don't have the Homelink feature. No problem.

But I do have the sun glass holder

I'm figuring that about now I'm at the break even point or a little past it based on standard monthly charges. Plus I can listen to the football or NASCAR channel where ever I am. Lots of good channels but more that I don't listen to then do.

Originally Posted by mac12
That's a good deal unless Sirius XM goes out of business, then you lose. Their stock isn't doing well.

Last edited by Cruiter; 09-28-11 at 05:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-27-11, 07:02 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

I've been an XM customer (on several vehicles) continuously since 2004 . When I purchased the new 2011 RX350 the XM freebie 90 days was activated. I called XM and requested that the 90 days be added to the current expiration and to bill me annually as usual when the annual contract plus the 90 day freeby expired and they agreed. You can guess what happened. Six months after the new purchase, XM cut off my service and upon contact they indicated my 90 day trial had expired and that I should have called in prior to the expiration. They ignored the previous telephone agreement that I had with them, turned the radio back on, and billed me twice for the new rate. Don't know who's running the ship but it's sinking.
Old 09-27-11, 08:22 PM
lexethan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want my $2 refund!

Gotta swing by SF!

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I just got the $77/1 year deal too. My subscription expired several months ago but I wanted the service for an upcoming trip (to SD). Paid by check and they waived the $2 Invoice Fee).
Old 09-27-11, 08:25 PM
N305AS
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexethan
I just got off the phone with Xm. Thanks to you guys I got the $77 deal as well! Paying by check.
I've got a 2007 GX470 (ML, NAV, etc) and we just bought a 2010 RX350 (ML, NAV, etc) for my wife (CPO). Hers had the XM working for about 2 weeks, and just recently it stopped and now directs us to the 800 number for reactivation.

So, here are my questions:

- Should we have gotten a 90 day trial with a CPO purchase, or is that for new purchase only?
- I'm pretty sure my GX has satellite radio in it as well; does the $77 price activate the radio in one vehicle, or do you have to double it up for two?

I know my wife's RX had the traffic feature in the nav enabled, but I don't know that my '07 GX's NAV system has that feature.
Old 09-28-11, 05:10 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by N305AS
I've got a 2007 GX470 (ML, NAV, etc) and we just bought a 2010 RX350 (ML, NAV, etc) for my wife (CPO). Hers had the XM working for about 2 weeks, and just recently it stopped and now directs us to the 800 number for reactivation.

So, here are my questions:

- Should we have gotten a 90 day trial with a CPO purchase, or is that for new purchase only?
- I'm pretty sure my GX has satellite radio in it as well; does the $77 price activate the radio in one vehicle, or do you have to double it up for two?

I know my wife's RX had the traffic feature in the nav enabled, but I don't know that my '07 GX's NAV system has that feature.
I don't think CPO vehicles get any sort of XM trial unless the dealer pays for it.
Each vehicle radio is separate, if you buy a subscription for one radio that's it.
Traffic nav wasn't available in 2007 AFAIK, it's a relatively new feature.
Old 09-29-11, 03:14 PM
foxwiz
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripmaster
My BMW came with one year free subscription to Sirius Sat radio, the Lexus = 3 months (to XM)
The BMW comes with the ability to listen to HD channels, Lexus = NOT
The BMW uses FREE traffic information to route the navigation system, Lexus requires paid subscription.
The BMW user interface for SAT radio is fantastic, Lexus = Needs Improvement (and I'm being nice here)

I agree with others that SAT radio is a choice about preferences and value, but having said that Lexus really screwed owners with their design and implementation choices.
The BMW is way more expensive than the Lexus. The BMW has many many more electrical problems than the Lexus and the BMW is the most LEMONed (dealer buyback) vehicle in the United States.

Even with paying for XM I saved thousands of dollars over BMW.

Oops. Should have bought a Lexus.
Old 10-03-11, 03:08 PM
Ripmaster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by foxwiz
Oops. Should have bought a Lexus.
I DO own a Lexus (2011 at that, my third)- as well as the 2011 BMW; that is why I posted about the particular Satellite radio comparison between the two.

Oops. Lexus fanboy detected.

And by the way - the reason I had to sell my very first '99 Lexus was because it left my wife stranded two times due to a major electrical problem that the dealer was never able to solve. When I first posted on this forum about that issue I received replies from several others with the exact same problem.

I also had numerous quality problems with the sunroof and other assorted rattles in my '09 Lexus, which were never ultimately solved but very openly discussed by others experiencing the same issues on these forums as well. Talk about a Lemon candidate.

Even on this forum I see people seeking out and preferring the Japanese build version of a vehicle over the Canadian version because of build quality problems.

I'm sorry my BMW 3 series has made Car & Driver's Top 10 List (yet again) for 2011 and a Lexus didn't - maybe one day the IS series will be better.

Meanwhile my wife (so far) loves her third gen RX350 and I (so far) love my BMW 335i - two different cars for two entirely different driving styles. We'll see how both do with regards to long term quality but at least I'm open minded to understand that vehicle preference isn't about being a fanboy of one or the other, LOL
Old 10-03-11, 06:08 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

@ rip master and foxwiz. Obviously, you TWO haven't owned a Range Rover.
Talk about problems and frequent visits to the service department.
Range rover owners have the highest dissatisfaction rate among ALL luxury vehicles, and I can say that based on experience.

By the way, BMW now offers navigation at no extra cost.

Anyway, whether it's 3 months vs 12 months Free subscription, you'll end up paying for a subscription after the trial expires anyway, so I don't put too much weight on it.