RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Best deal on XM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-11, 03:02 PM
edbarrows
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best deal on XM?

We have a new RX350 and are in the "free" 3 month badger period. We know we'll lose the rest of the free period if we agree to any of the incessant calls to sign up now. Planning to sign up at the end of the free period. We already have XM in our other car and are looking to get a good deal on the second one - what are the best price points we can expect as we get closer to the end of the free period? The last caller said $99 a year - will we get a better price?
Old 06-02-11, 03:40 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by edbarrows
We have a new RX350 and are in the "free" 3 month badger period. We know we'll lose the rest of the free period if we agree to any of the incessant calls to sign up now. Planning to sign up at the end of the free period. We already have XM in our other car and are looking to get a good deal on the second one - what are the best price points we can expect as we get closer to the end of the free period? The last caller said $99 a year - will we get a better price?
If i am not wrong, some members here got this for $75 or $77 a year.
Old 06-02-11, 04:06 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

the free period should be 6 months. and yes, the best deal is 77 for a whole year, but that doesnt include traffic/weather/sports
Old 06-03-11, 04:41 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

$77 plus fees. I think it came to just over $90. Like mentioned, it does not include traffic, weather, sports.

A couple things:

First, you will not lose your trial months by signing up before the end of it. You will simply add the year on to your subscription.

Second, when I spoke to the XM opertor she offered a year for $167. I just told her that I had seen where others were getting the $77 deal and she gave it to me just like that. She didn't come up with another figure. She just agreed. I would just mention it.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-03-11, 04:43 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by k9shelly1
$77 plus fees. I think it came to just over $90. Like mentioned, it does not include traffic, weather, sports.

A couple things:

First, you will not lose your trial months by signing up before the end of it. You will simply add the year on to your subscription.

Second, when I spoke to the XM opertor she offered a year for $167. I just told her that I had seen where others were getting the $77 deal and she gave it to me just like that. She didn't come up with another figure. She just agreed. I would just mention it.

I hope this helps.
Can we kick it down to $50 instead. . Has Anybody tried that?
Old 06-03-11, 04:46 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

I can't say that I tried for $50 but I can say that I felt like I could have gotten it for less after how easily I got the $77 deal.
Old 06-03-11, 09:31 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The X Men
I got something in the mail offering $25 for 6 months.
Hahah, then tell them to make $40 for the whole year. I'm so cheap.
Old 06-03-11, 02:31 PM
Barrington
Rookie

The free period is 3 months. Mine was just turned off 3 days after the 3rd month ended. They sent me something in the mail but never mentioned anything close to $77.00 per year. For that kind of money I would do it for the 2 hour drives between Roseville and the Bay Area. If you take the $77.00 deal will they give you half off on a 2nd vehicle?
Old 06-03-11, 03:18 PM
cha41i
Driver School Candidate

Watch out when you wanna cancel the membership. Operator put you on hold for an hours, then they hang up. They keep sending you a bill at regular rate after promotion expire. I call them again, they put me on hold again. After 4th try and a couple months, They release me from membership.
Goodbye
Cha Y
Old 06-03-11, 04:19 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They turned mine back on for 2 weeks to try and entice me back. I never listened to it the first time so I gave it a try, the same songs over and over and the sound quality sucks and I have the ML system. They offered me $25 for 5-6 months and I could cancel any time from there, can't remember at what rate after the introductory period. Like someone said above trying to cancel is a whole nother story.
Old 06-04-11, 08:38 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you already have it on another vehicle you need to calculate if it makes more sense to let it expire and then resubscribe under your other existing account where you will get a substantial discount. That's what I did and it was cheaper to do that, plus all three of my radios are under one account instead of multiple accounts.

I am amused by those who will pay $40k to $50k for their vehicle and then won't pay $77 for the XM subscription, but they would if it was only $50. Talk about being cheap, why didn't you get a Chevy or Toyota to begin with?
Old 06-05-11, 04:01 AM
smehta
Driver School Candidate

Evitzee - That's being very critical of others that dont want to pay $12+4/MTH for people that dont want or care for SAT music. And only need it for the traffic notifications.

Ever thought the reason some Lexus owners have 50k vehicles is because we choose not to waist money on stuff we deem useless to us. After all - the Lexus is our owned material property, whereas SAT radio is merely a subscription. I have no need for SAT radio music, because I do very well with CDs, iPod Touch via USB, and NPR etc. So dont be so critical unless you know how other people live - to manage their expenses.
Old 06-05-11, 04:52 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Finally, someone came across. I don't and never need XM subscription. However, i will pay for anything if it's my need. About being cheap, Yes I am, if I know Stop&Shop sell 1 pound of beef for $4.99 and Shaw's market sells the samething for $3.99. I'll definitely come to Shaws even though I need to drive extra 10 mins compare to Stop& Shop. HAHAHA. (Evitzee will comment that the I'll pay for more gas so no save here). It's just in my feeling that i'm not ripped off by the store/anyone.

PEACE.
Old 06-05-11, 05:50 AM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by smehta

Ever thought the reason some Lexus owners have 50k vehicles is because we choose not to waist money on stuff we deem useless to us.
Amen!!!!
Old 06-05-11, 06:29 AM
smehta
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the support. And here's my baby - after her first bath - I mean wash! :-)

Quick Reply: Best deal on XM?