RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Retracting driver's seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 04:37 AM
Sixtyplus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retracting driver's seat

I have a 2011 RX350 and am a long way from my dealer so....

When I have my power seat set at 1, when I shut car off it fully retracts. My wife uses 2 as her setting. When she shuts car off, seat only goes half way back. If I press 1 before getting into car, it will go back but she wants to have seat fully retracted as well - I guess I shouldn't have told her the difference

I have gone on the custom settings and have selected fully retract. Setting 3 is not used but, just for trial, I set it to both my settings and wife's and it only goes half way as well.

Any suggestions?

Love the thread on power tail gate. Had my RX in for 1500 km check and asked to have it done and dealer insisted not possible. After reading thread and looking at manual, will ask again....

Great forum.

Dave
Old 07-15-11, 05:40 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is whole section in the manual about programing the key based memory. It seems that you have some of the key based memory settings programmed, but not all, since you are still using the door buttons to select the seat settings.
Old 07-15-11, 11:10 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

if you leave the seat on memory 1, and get out of the car with the auto retractable seat, she will have to push memory 2 when she gets in because it will still think you want memory 1.

What you can do is set the seat position to each of the keys. Key 1 for you, key 2 for her. That way, when she walks into the the garage, the car will automatically recognize a different key and change the seats before you opens the car door.
Old 07-16-11, 04:11 AM
Sixtyplus
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies but...

I've looked through manual for anything refering to programing keys and have drawn a blank. What section is it in? I have the navigation system.

Thanks

Dave
Old 07-16-11, 08:54 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Since my wife is short, she can get into the driver seat whether is it set for her or for me. When I get into the driver seat I always push 2 which is my setting. The seat retracts and I am set to go.
Old 07-16-11, 08:55 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe the seat does not fully retract on every setting. If you are taller the seat does not have that far to travel to be at its fully retracted position. If your wife is shorter the seat only retracts so far, it does not go clear back to the furthest point.

You can program button #3 to a fully retracted position if that is what you are looking for. So your wife would push the #3 when she is ready to exit. Programming the keys is in the owners manual, it is not done with the nav sys.

Good Luck
Old 07-16-11, 11:38 AM
RXSF

section 1.3 Adjustable Components

Page 71 in the manual
http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_01-03.pdf
page 11 of this PDF
Old 07-16-11, 03:33 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw on the how to video after you memorize to num 1, then hold #1 and the unlock remote fob, it will remember when you come and move everything to the position that you choose when you touch the handle to open the door. Mine does not. Only work when i start the engine, not before to get in. No nav 350 Any one has an idea?
Old 07-16-11, 03:52 PM
RXSF

see my post above yours. You hold the key you want to set in your pocket, but after that you dont need to touch the key. You use the lock button on the actual door
Old 07-16-11, 06:32 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Still not working. Hmmm i might do something wrong. It only works when i start the engine, not when i unlock or open the door.
Old 07-16-11, 10:59 PM
RXSF

is it because your seat is already in your memory 1 position? Try starting the car, moving your seat so it is not in your position, then turning off the engine. The seat should back up.

Then lock the door. Unlock it and see if the seat moves to your position, but it will still be retracted for easy access
Old 07-17-11, 03:02 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RXSF
is it because your seat is already in your memory 1 position? Try starting the car, moving your seat so it is not in your position, then turning off the engine. The seat should back up.

Then lock the door. Unlock it and see if the seat moves to your position, but it will still be retracted for easy access
No it's not in the 1 position. When i shut off the engine to get out, the seat and the steering wheel moved back and stayed. It only moves into the 1 position when i get in the car and start the engine. Not move to 1 when i hit unlock or open the door.
Old 07-17-11, 11:43 AM
RXSF

its not supposed to. When you shut off the engine, the seat and steering wheel are supposed to move back. and when you put your seat belt on or start the engine, they return back to the previous position. This feature can be turned off.

What we are talking about here is having the steering wheel and seat move back from position 1, but when someone else with key2 who wants position 2, the seat will move to a retracted seat 2 position and then move forward like normal when they put their seat belt on or start the engine.

confusing stuff
Old 07-18-11, 01:20 PM
ligflava
Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
section 1.3 Adjustable Components

Page 71 in the manual
http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_01-03.pdf
page 11 of this PDF
Set it up last night for my girlfriend and me. Instructions were perfect! I can't believe how many cool features this RX has over my 2GS.
Old 07-19-11, 12:13 AM
CO_GS350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Set mine up also, works awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: Retracting driver's seat