RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Air Runner now available for the RX450h (2WD only)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 04:08 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Air Runner now available for the RX450h (2WD only)

doesn't say if the application fits RX350, but it should i think. not sure why this application does not fit AWD.

not a fan of the bodykit, but the stance and fitment is just sick! pics:

link: http://www.airrunnersystems.com/air-suspension/lexus
Old 08-04-11, 04:56 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Nope, way too busy everywhere. And what a bizarre color.
Old 08-04-11, 05:21 PM
shkr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The back looks ugly :|
Old 08-04-11, 07:39 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think mine look better than this :-p
Old 08-04-11, 07:39 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's definitely different.
Old 08-05-11, 12:14 AM
ecub
Driver

Definitely FUGLY!!!
Old 08-05-11, 12:15 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

that is certainly something. stock is the way to go
Old 08-05-11, 03:29 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

IMO, it looks ghettoed.
Old 08-05-11, 04:03 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

the bodykit is definitely not to everyone's tastes (nor mine). but no one can complain that there are no lowering options for the RX anymore (as long as you don't flinch at the msrp ).
Old 08-05-11, 06:22 PM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does absolutely NOTHING for me. It is an SUV. Why try to make it something it is not!!!
Old 08-05-11, 07:25 PM
ecub
Driver

It is too busy. It makes a nice luxury SUV look like an a ghetto street car.
Old 08-05-11, 07:35 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Hey Storm, do you know how heavy that kit is? It looks like it'll lower the RX in more than one way.
Old 08-05-11, 07:48 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
doesn't say if the application fits RX350, but it should i think. not sure why this application does not fit AWD.

not a fan of the bodykit, but the stance and fitment is just sick! pics:

link: http://www.airrunnersystems.com/air-suspension/lexus
You start with a lot of money for a really nice car then you drop tons more for one buyer. When your tired of it or want to trade what size market do you think you might find for that ???

Just curious.
Old 08-05-11, 10:00 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by kitlz
Hey Storm, do you know how heavy that kit is? It looks like it'll lower the RX in more than one way.
the bodykit you see uses replacement aftermarket front and rear bumpers. so it shouldn't be anymore heavier than the oem front/rear bumpers

Originally Posted by Cruiter
You start with a lot of money for a really nice car then you drop tons more for one buyer. When your tired of it or want to trade what size market do you think you might find for that ???

Just curious.
definitely you won't get back the money you dumped into modifications. for people that are into hardcore vehicle modifications, its a hobby. when its time to move to another vehicle, modders would part out the parts and return the car back to normal. or find a buyer who would be interested in buying a modified vehicle from the start (low probability). mods don't add value to the car unfortunately.

Originally Posted by cafpaf
It does absolutely NOTHING for me. It is an SUV. Why try to make it something it is not!!!
you can say that to any car that's modified. why make an already fast porsche or bmw go faster? why rebuild an old car ready for the scrap heap from the 50s or 60s to mint condition? why build a show car that has an expensive stereo system? why do anything at all?

because vehicle modifications are an extension of one's individuality and tastes, and they show it by modifying their vehicles to reflect those individuality and tastes. by modifying their vehicles, they are showing that their vehicle is not the same as the ten of thousands on the road today. and as i mentioned above, vehicle modification is a hobby.

let's take an extreme example: how would you feel if everybody wore the same clothes as you, had the same hair style, same shoes, ate the same food as you, mimic your every action and reaction? would you not agree that you would prefer to be unique and different from all the other people that look like you or copy to be like you? i would bet that as an individual, you are unique in who you are, what you do, what you like and dislike (compared to other people), and you would wish uniqueness for yourself. because you want you to be you, and nobody else.

by modifying one's vehicle, they are saying "i'm different and i don't want to be a copy clone like all the other cars out there. i want to be different because i'm unique. this is how i show my individuality and taste, this is me".

naturally everyone's taste is different. one man's treasure is another man's garbage. you believe the looks to be horrendous, and you have every right to believe that. but when someone modifies their vehicle (for good or bad), it shows that extra 1 degree of separation from you being like them (which is good or bad depending on your perception). and that's a good thing, because it shows we're all different and unique in one way or another.
Old 08-06-11, 08:08 AM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Storm, I agree with your comments and you have expressed them eloquently. As I said, it does nothing for ME. For the owner, it is obviously great. Some would say that a bunch of old railroad rails welded together is sculpture, while Michelangelo's David is someone's else's vision of sculpture. Strictly for me, I am more of a classic guy. BTW that includes a great Hot Rod or a superbly built customized old car.

Quick Reply: Air Runner now available for the RX450h (2WD only)