RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Decison decison on buying a new car

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-11, 09:40 PM
felixdang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decison decison on buying a new car

hello fellow members its that time again where i need ur expert opinions.... just 7 months ago i was in the market for and with the help of you guys i bought myself a 2011 is 350 AWD which i love ...

i didnt think i would be on the market to buy a car so soon but i came across my fiances where i am able to buy another car this yr... i feel blessed

anyways lets skip the chit chat so i can tell you what i need help on..

i am town between a acura MDX and a RX 350 both AWD.. they both are magnificent cars. by the way my budget is 41k and it will be my wifes car

Pros of the MDX that i like... it has a great AWD systems and the fit and finish pretty nice lots of bells and whistle too, plus the bonus ( 3rd row sitting for a extended family in a few yrs

Cons: is the exterior look of the acura not as nice as i would like it to be but something i can live with.. Gas is not all that good either compare to the lexus

for the LEXUS

pros: whats there to say...its a lexus plush sits nav is easy to use eveything seems practical.. (great freaking gas mileage)

cons.. that i can think of is price is a little more expensive then the acura, which means i have to get a model 1 or 2 yrs old.. can only seat 5, and my wife does not like the light wood grain of the lexus as oppose to the acura..

tks in advance
Old 08-05-11, 09:50 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MSRP for the RX is lower than the MDX.
Check their websites.
Old 08-05-11, 09:56 PM
x10civ
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread may help...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ut-to-buy.html

Old 08-06-11, 07:10 AM
felixdang
Driver

Originally Posted by x10civ
Tks this will be helpful
Old 08-06-11, 10:31 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Get the Lexus. My explanation is in the link to the thread above.
Old 08-06-11, 02:56 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The X Men
felixdang, two RX350 is one family is too much. I would consider something else, but not the MDX.
Agreed for 1 part. what about BMW X3? A bit cheaper too and it's a BM
Old 08-06-11, 07:25 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The X Men
felixdang, two RX350 is one family is too much. I would consider something else, but not the MDX.
But I thought he said he has an IS350??? I would love to have an IS350 and an RX350 in my garage!! Sigh.

Oh, well. I will digress. Depending on what features you might want, the RX350 does start at a lower price than the MDX. Of course, keep in mind, the MDX only comes with AWD and will get lower gas mileage. But when you start adding the navigation package, the two vehicles start to get closer in price. Good luck on either choice. They're both very nice vehicles.
Old 08-06-11, 08:30 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sweetboy02
Agreed for 1 part. what about BMW X3? A bit cheaper too and it's a BM
Yeah, but the BMW won't be reliable or even remotely close to reliable. What's a point of a car if it spends more time in the shop then you actually driving it...
Old 08-08-11, 07:40 AM
felixdang
Driver

Tks fellas for ur input.. My wife likes the mDX cause of the 7 passenger sit For future kids but would consider Lexus too just cause we like the brand..

When u option out both cars they are pretty much are about the same price I agree on that.. I think the AWD on the Acura is better then Lexus tho so that's a plus.

The reason we don't look at BMW or MB cause she doesn't like the interior and I heard cost of ownership is more expensive then the imports.. They only SUV I would consider that's German was the Audi q5 or q7 (very nice I think) but jumps up in price once it's fully loaded
Old 08-08-11, 11:05 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

That's cause your talking about scheduled maintainance. That's all that's needed with Lexus.

But with german cars you have to replace parts that aren't scheduled maintenance.
Old 08-08-11, 11:48 AM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lease German, buy Japanese.
Old 08-08-11, 01:08 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

As far as I like the RX350 very much, 2 of the same cars in the family is a no-no.

How about you let your wife (fiance) drive the RX350 you already have and buy yourselves a sedan or something else.
Old 08-08-11, 02:06 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Not a guarantee no, but almost certainly more reliable than german cars.

I didn't say Lexus car's don't need to be repaired (non-maintenance) but not nearly as often as a german vehicle. This is a well known fact, and there's no denying it. Everyone has different experiences, but this is the general consensus.
Old 08-08-11, 02:58 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Sure, there's german car owners happy with their ownership but there are way way way more owners that are happy with their ownership of their own toyota/lexus.
Old 08-08-11, 03:03 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

There's a reason why Lexus has 5 stars in all categories except power train dependability which has 4 stars. Whilst Audi has max of 3 stars, for any category. BMW also has only a max of 3 stars. Volkswagen only has one category in which it has 3 stars, the rest are 2 stars.
As you can see Lexus is clearly way better... Source: http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...ings-by-brand/

Also, there's a reason why the Lexus RX won the 2011 Midsize Premium Crossover SUV Award in the category of dependability. There's a reason why the Lexus GX won the 2011 award for reliability. I could go on and on. I only pointed out two, there are way more...

I'm done replying to you sir. You just don't seem to understand.

Quick Reply: Decison decison on buying a new car