RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Ira Lexus of Manchester, NH

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 04:20 PM
nhrider
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ira Lexus of Manchester, NH

I'm interested im peoples impressions of this dealership. I've had good luck with them and bought my 2010 RX350 at a very reasonable price.

My sister had a very unLexus like experience with them trying to buy a 2012 RX350. They have offered to make it right...but want full list pricing for a 2012.

I also understand that Lexus of Waltham, MA consistently beats their pricing. Anyone care to share their experience either here or via email??

Last edited by nhrider; 10-26-11 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-26-11, 05:51 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

nhrider, as good as Lexus dealers try to be, they are still run and staffed by people so occasionally one transaction might not be as smooth as a previous one. If you're worried about them, then 'you' should contact other dealers yourself and hear what they have to tell you. As you've already experienced, what happens in one scenario is not always the same in another. Or if you're feeling good about them trying to make it up to you then maybe you should go that route. (or sister in this case) Maybe introduce her to the people or Sales Manager you dealt with.
Originally Posted by nhrider
I'm interested im peoples impressions of this dealership. I've had good luck with them and bought my 2010 RX350 at a very reasonable price.

My sister had a very unLexus like experience with them trying to buy a 2012 RX350. They have offered to make it right...but want full list pricing for a 2012.

I also understand that Lexus of Waltham, MA consistently beats their pricing. Anyone care to share their experience either here or via email??
Old 10-27-11, 08:23 AM
LX311
Driver School Candidate

I bought my first 2 RX's at Ira Lexus - Danvers. Their pricing was much better than Lexus of Watertown and Herb Chambers. I just bought a 2011 at Watertown 3 weeks ago and their pricing was very good... I was surprised since I always thought they were high. They gave me great $ for my trade and were able to generously discount the 2011... probably because it was a 2011. I had no intention of buying a car at Watertown... only wanted to see what they would give me for my trade and how much they would take off the sticker on a new RX. I couldn't refuse that deal... I did buy a 2011 vs. a 2012. I haven't seen any 2011's around the dealers either. Ira/Danvers had none when I was there a few weeks ago.

I agree about timing ... a few weeks ago... the Lexus dealers around MA only had 1 or 2 2012 RX's available... so they can probably stick to pricing. Probably best to wait a bit until they stock up.

Tanja
Old 10-27-11, 11:12 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The X Men
A fair price right now for a 2012 RX350 in New England is around $1000 above invoice. Your sister should be able to get that with no problem.
What is the basis that a fair price in New England today is $1,000 over invoice? RX's were in short supply over the last six months due to the problems in Japan, and today I read Toyota is having more problems due to severe flooding in Thailand, and that all production in the US and Canada is being scaled back due to a shortage of parts from Thailand. All things considered I think one would be fortunate to buy a new 2012 RX350 for $1,000 over invoice. It really comes down to supply and demand, and right now supply is being constricted.
Old 10-27-11, 12:55 PM
lexus4dfw
Rookie

I base that on AAA member pricing. If you go into the AAA website and punch in a 2012 RX350 and your zip code, it will give you the price of approximately $1000 over invoice. Take that print out to the participating dealer listed and you are guarantee that price.
It depends on where you live I guess. I live in So Ca and a few dealers have been @ invoice for a 2012 for the last mo or so. I just purchased 2 weeks ago a 2011 RX MSRP of $44,000 for $37,500. which is approx $3800. under invoice. I also got the $1000. Lexus loyalty rebate for owning a current Lexus and an additional $1500. rebate for my GS350 recall. Basically it worked out to $35,000. including both rebates + tax & lic. A deal I couldn't pass up.
Old 10-27-11, 03:46 PM
lexus4dfw
Rookie

lexus4dfw, thats a heck of a deal. CA has the best prices because there are so many Lexus dealers there. You guys are lucky.
Yes it helps to have 15 or so dealers in a 100 mi radius to compete against. In So Ca if you take your time, shop and be patient you can usually get a great deal.
Old 10-27-11, 04:14 PM
nhrider
Driver School Candidate

I taked to my sales guy today...They basically have no inventory. 2011's are gone,very few 2012's. They expect to go thru November with no Inventory. New inventory not expected until Dec. So no negotiations on pricing now. My sister is considering CPO Rx;s at this point. She is working directly with the GM... Sales force provided a very unsatisfactory experience and to his credit, he's trying to make it right.

Last edited by nhrider; 10-27-11 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-27-11, 04:50 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember when Lexus first came out int he early 90's. I went to the dealer to look at the ls400. I was driving a 3 year old MB 300E at the time. I drove up, parked at the front door, went into the dealership wearing a suit and tie. I was maybe 25 at the time. The dealership was a Toyota one with a Lexus part off to the side.

They had an LS400 sitting in the show room up on one of those rotating pedastals. I walked up to the car and went to open the door and it was locked. I looked around and finally a fat guy with a bad comb over wearing one of those old red Toyota blazers came up to me and gave me his best salesman line: "so you hoping to win the lottery sometime soon?" Understandibly I left.

When I got home I called the General Manager, who was the guy who sold me my 300E a few years before he had left to be the GM at Lexus. He appologized profusely, offered to have one delivered to my driveway to use for a few weeks. I declined, said I was getting a new Benz, which I did.

20 years or so later he is still the GM, although in a fancy stand alone dealership. So when I went in to look at the RX450h, he recognized me, remembered the story and told me he would do what he could to make it right. He did as far as I was concerned and I bought an RX.

The fact he remembered me and was still making an effort to make it up, meant alot. If you give the GM a chance nhrider I hope he can do for your sister what mine did for me.
Old 10-28-11, 05:41 AM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexus4dfw
It depends on where you live I guess. I live in So Ca and a few dealers have been @ invoice for a 2012 for the last mo or so. I just purchased 2 weeks ago a 2011 RX MSRP of $44,000 for $37,500. which is approx $3800. under invoice. I also got the $1000. Lexus loyalty rebate for owning a current Lexus and an additional $1500. rebate for my GS350 recall. Basically it worked out to $35,000. including both rebates + tax & lic. A deal I couldn't pass up.
That was a great deal. I bought my 10 RX on the 14th of Oct. 2010. I t had a list price of $43899 and I paid $38500 here in Tennessee. I bought it sight unseen over the internet and the phone. I got exactly what I wanted and was very pleased.
Old 10-28-11, 07:39 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

According to autotrader.com, Lexus of watertown has quite a few of them as well as Herb Chamber Lexus. Also, there are more than 10 RX350 listed for IRA Lexus of Danvers. I dont see any reason why the GM cannot get one from Danvers. I think he is trying to pull a fast one on your sister, he makes more money off a CPO used than new.
Sometimes the dealer who has the vehicle doesn't want to give it up and the holdback allowance usually stays with the original dealer so the receiving dealer is further squeezed on his margin.
Old 10-28-11, 08:18 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Sexism is unfortunately prevalent when it comes to car shopping. When I looked at the RX back in '98, the local Lexus dealer wouldn't give me the time of day. Fortunately I found another dealer that treated me with respect. They still have my business times 3 RXs. Not to say you have to pay more but money talks...
Old 10-28-11, 09:21 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Anita
You know from meeting me I don't put on 'airs' by the way I dress. So whether it's qualifying a shopper by sex or by the way they're dressed it's wrong. If it happens to me I'll usually walk but if I spot something I might be interested in, I'll hang around long enough to make of fool of the sales person then go to the sales or General manager. Having retired from the retail end of the business before going back to the Navy I know my way around and can get a deal usually.

When I was in management it was great fun to watch a sales rep qualify a person 'wrongly', then I'd step in and sell a car and put the commission up for an end of month spiff with the salesman that qualified the customer disqualified . It was a great tool at sales meetings to bring up. Usually would stop that practice (for a while).
Originally Posted by kitlz
Sexism is unfortunately prevalent when it comes to car shopping. When I looked at the RX back in '98, the local Lexus dealer wouldn't give me the time of day. Fortunately I found another dealer that treated me with respect. They still have my business times 3 RXs. Not to say you have to pay more but money talks...
Old 10-28-11, 01:39 PM
k9shelly1
Driver

I am a jeans and t-shirt guy myself. I don't do it for any reason other than it is who I am. Unfortunately others judge a person by what he/she wears and it is the world we live in. If I am not treated well I simply leave the place. I don't care if its a dealership, electronics store, restaurant, etc. I'll take my money elsewhere.

I don't shop for cars in the town I live in for that reason. Not even the time of day when I inquired about a car. I was more upset with the Jeep dealership who, after a couple of minutes, called another sales person over and "handed me off". I left right after and bought the exact same car in another town that same day for a better price.

If it has to be done don't be afraid to go to another dealer.
Old 10-28-11, 01:51 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Well, I've gone back to the local dealer for little things like bulb replacements or wiper refills. The look on their face when they punch in my information is priceless. I know they want to ask me why I bought my RXs at a dealer 30 miles away. I'd give them an earful.
Old 10-28-11, 03:42 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kitlz
Well, I've gone back to the local dealer for little things like bulb replacements or wiper refills. The look on their face when they punch in my information is priceless. I know they want to ask me why I bought my RXs at a dealer 30 miles away. I'd give them an earful.
A dealer really shouldn't care. I bought one Lexus in Houston and one in San Antonio, yet I take them both to Austin for service. Once you show up once or twice they treat you as if you bought the car from them, no issues, no hassles, no wondering why I didn't buy from them. That's just the way it worked out in my case. There are good dealers/staff and bad dealers/staff, they try to keep good standards but sometimes things slip. If you have a bad experience report them, Lexus Corporate takes this stuff seriously.

Quick Reply: Ira Lexus of Manchester, NH