RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New owner of 2012 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-11, 07:55 PM
sant
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of 2012 RX350

Picked up my 2012 Rx350 Nebula Gray Pearl today with Comfort package, Premium package, Nav system , Park assist and a couple of other frills with an MSRP of 49360.

Excited, almost bought an RDX but at the last minute decided to spend another $10k for the Lexus RX after a lot of research.

The Saturday NJ snowy weather kind of helped me with better pricing since the Edison NJ dealership was almost empty (they claimed they sell 20 Lexus every Sat).

Looking forward to enjoying the car.
Old 10-31-11, 08:37 PM
aliee
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride!
Old 11-01-11, 12:43 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

congratulations!

please post some pictures! you have the New Color for the RX
Old 11-01-11, 06:34 AM
mstrgator
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Sant, I just signed up on this site and I need some help. I am about to buy a new rx ..red with black interior. I am on vacation but dealer traded and has my car....if I decide to do it....list is almost exactly yours. I told him I wanted leather and nav and he said they all come like this when you get nav...it has tow prep pkg, pref accessory package etc. I have three questions.

1. Is he right they all come with this extra stuff....totals a couple grand.

2. If I were to order one from factory, can I get only what I want.

3. He is giving me 1500 off on the sticker of 49166. Is that what I might expect? Thanks for the help. I currently have a2003 gx which is going to daughter.

Mastergator
Old 11-01-11, 07:30 AM
sant
Driver School Candidate

Mastergator,

Lexus seems to manufacture only a few combinations forcing you to buy things you may not want.

Looks like they have a very few cars with $45k (My dealership had 1 car) and $47k MSRP (only 1 available), most of the inventory seems to have $49k MSRP or higher.

Not sure whether you can order a car only with options you want. You can try.
Old 11-01-11, 08:15 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

sant, congrats on your 350. It sounds like you went to the other dealer Penske owns, mine being in Bridgewater. Too bad the AWD was quickly put into use with the storm we had. At least it's warm enough to clean it up now.
Old 11-01-11, 08:16 AM
mstrgator
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Sant. I could not find anything on internet with nav under 49....because of add ons. Yours has exactly the same stuff mine comes with. Some are ok but some I don't really want and they inflate price. I may barter some on that stuff .. is 1500 off a look good deal?
Old 11-01-11, 08:20 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by mstrgator
Sant, I just signed up on this site and I need some help. I am about to buy a new rx ..red with black interior. I am on vacation but dealer traded and has my car....if I decide to do it....list is almost exactly yours. I told him I wanted leather and nav and he said they all come like this when you get nav...it has tow prep pkg, pref accessory package etc. I have three questions.

1. Is he right they all come with this extra stuff....totals a couple grand.

2. If I were to order one from factory, can I get only what I want.

3. He is giving me 1500 off on the sticker of 49166. Is that what I might expect? Thanks for the help. I currently have a2003 gx which is going to daughter.

Mastergator
Mastergator, the RXs typically come equipped with options common in your area. If the dealer doesn't have what you want, you may need to expand your search area. Now special order is available but be prepared to wait a few months for it. On the upside, it'll have exactly what you want. Good luck.
Old 11-01-11, 08:32 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With such a tight inventory right now maybe $1500 is all they will do. You can always ask for more off, the worst they can say is no. Good Luck.

I was at my dealership yesterday and I didn't see one RX on the lot.
Old 11-01-11, 09:19 AM
sant
Driver School Candidate

Mastergator,

I sent an email to 3 Lexus dealers in my area asking for a quote. The dealer in Edison NJ gave me the lowest quote. I was able to negotiate off the quote (not by much). Not sure of your access to multiple dealers in your area. I was able to get a price closer to the invoice. (I'm sure there were price-influencing factors like last day of the month, lousy snowy weather on a Saturday in Oct, etc)

I also saw in Edmund's car pricing forum, what some people are paying for this car in different geographies.

If you have more specific questions, I sent you a private message with my reach number.
Old 11-01-11, 10:42 AM
RallyeLex5
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations on your new RX! I'm sure your going to love it.
Old 11-01-11, 04:22 PM
jamiec
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sant
Picked up my 2012 Rx350 Nebula Gray Pearl today with Comfort package, Premium package, Nav system , Park assist and a couple of other frills with an MSRP of 49360.

Excited, almost bought an RDX but at the last minute decided to spend another $10k for the Lexus RX after a lot of research.

The Saturday NJ snowy weather kind of helped me with better pricing since the Edison NJ dealership was almost empty (they claimed they sell 20 Lexus every Sat).

Looking forward to enjoying the car.
Congrats on your new ride! I got my 2012 RX with same equipment and and same MSRP for $45k, I love to negotiate! They even threw in the body side moulding for free. I lived in Edison and Piscataway (off River Rd.) some years ago. Small world!
Old 11-01-11, 05:40 PM
mstrgator
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Sant and Anita for the help. I am in south carolina but atlanta is only three hrs. I have had conversation over internet with one guy there. There are other places within 200 miles ...like Greenville charleston and charlotte. Actually dealing with a place in Augusta ga where I get current gx serviced. Guy is telling me Lexus only builds rxs certain ways so you are stuck. I found inventory in the southeast where I could see lots of cars. Generally sticker about 43, 45, 47, 49, and the 51. Nav cars start at 49. Sant's rx has exactly same stuff as the one they traded to get for me. I just got a little peeved when I priced it with just nav and luxury pkg at sticker of 47 something. The other 2 grand is stuff I could care less about. But all navs I could find around 49 were all very similar....comfort and towing and premium pkg with alloy wheels and cargo mat and nets and park assist. Some of that is ok but some I consider a waste......just a way to get more out of me. Anita encourages me because I really do have time. My sales guy said Lexus doesn't make them other than the combos we see. I could see that being true....mfg plants hate to do things different and why should they.....somebody will buy it however it is configured. Ford or chevy will build you your special car.....they ain't sold out. Lexus wouldn't have to do that....but they might in the interest of customer service. I am going to find out because I am going to call Lexus. My sales guy could be lying or he could never encounter the situation. The system is betting I want one so bad I can't wait.....wrong in my case but I bet I am 1 in 100 or more. We'll see. Sant ...you are right ....edmunds shows a regional adjustment of 400 which tells me places like nj or ny dealers deal more. I bet I can get more off but I bet I can't get near your deal. I will shop it around on the net and see. I can drive to atlanta for the right price. Thanks so much for the help.....I will let you know the outcome.

Mastergator
Old 11-01-11, 06:00 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Congrats on your new purchase! You will be very pleased with it.
Old 11-01-11, 06:40 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Congrats on the new pick up. Noting beats the smell of a new car. Thread is worthless without pics.

Quick Reply: New owner of 2012 RX350