RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Fancy !!! What does your Lexus dealer have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-11, 01:52 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 170 Likes on 144 Posts

The service department at my dealer, Lexus of Bridgewater, takes up a building that used to be an ice skating rink. I drive up to a huge garage door, it opens and I go in so I'm not exposed to the elements. The valets are always quick to take my car. I walk in to a super long counter which houses the receptionist, cashier and parts department. There are always lots of familiar faces. The waiting area has nice leather seats with a business center and play area for children, wifi, plenty of coffee, tea and other drinks with food depending on time of day. They'll get lunch for you or bring you wherever you want. But I don't always hang around the waiting area. I either go over to the showroom to speak to my sales guy or have keys to a loaner shoved in my hand. They know I come a distance so they make sure I'm not inconvenienced. While it might not have all the amenities of other Lexus dealerships, it's all about the service and people, which are excellent BTW
Old 11-11-11, 06:44 AM
rmgmag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now on the other side of the spectrum....My Lexus dealer (Woodfield Lexus) has a waiting area of about 15' x 20' with a TV hanging on the wall. The carpet and furniture is extermly dirty and dated.

A few magazines in a rack and the daily newspapers on the table.

There are 3 computers for internet access and most of the time they are not working.

For your enjoyment there is bottled water, cans of pop, juice, coffee machine and pre-packaged sweet rolls.

Thats it.
Old 11-11-11, 07:41 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by vuiskool
I think my Lexus dealer tops them all. Small golf course, iPads for leisure and usage, massage chairs, Complimentary food and drinks. Tv's playing the cameras to watch your vehicle be serviced.. Hmm what else am I missing from JM Lexus.

Edit: a quiet study/reading area also.
That's also a nice looking one.

The two closest dealers for me are Lexus of Kendall and Lexus of West Kendall, though growing up in what is now Pinecrest, I very much remember when Lexus of Kendall opened.
Old 11-11-11, 08:03 AM
kwbuggy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A question for those of you who live on the Space Coast of Florida. Which dealership offers better service, Lexus of Melbourne or one of the Orlando dealers? I am making my annual Florida trip and will need my 32,000km (24,000 mile) service while there. The Melbourne dealer will apparently pick up and deliver the car but I am more concerned about the quality of the work and price for this major service interval.
My dealership is a 40 acre campus devoted to Lexus/Toyota products. It includes separate buildings for each of Lexus, Toyota, Scion, used cars, a brand new body shop and a detailing shop. It is a family owned business which has been selling Toyotas since the 1960's. I really enjoy dealing with a company like this rather than a multi-brand operation run by people who have no equity in the community where the business is located. The Lexus waiting room has TV, snacks, computers and leather chairs as well as current magazines and newspapers. The Toyota building has an excellent restaurant that prepares really good breakfasts and lunches at subsidized rates. It is a mecca for seniors, many of whom don't own Toyota or Lexus products.
Old 11-11-11, 10:05 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by rmgmag
Now on the other side of the spectrum....My Lexus dealer (Woodfield Lexus) has a waiting area of about 15' x 20' with a TV hanging on the wall. The carpet and furniture is extermly dirty and dated.

A few magazines in a rack and the daily newspapers on the table.

There are 3 computers for internet access and most of the time they are not working.

For your enjoyment there is bottled water, cans of pop, juice, coffee machine and pre-packaged sweet rolls.

Thats it.
That's pretty bad. Our Toyota Service center ( where I bring our Lexus for oil change) has more amenities than the ones you've mentioned.
I agree with the statement that it's about the people who takes care of your purchase. We have a very good and Honest relationship with our Toyota SA that's why we have decided to bring ALL our Lexus vehicles to him for minor services like an oil change.

and I get a little smile everytime they deliver it to us. While everyone is waiting for their Avalons,camrys, Sienna and corolla ( like expectant fathers in a hospital) here's a Lexus parking right infront of Us.