RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Door edge guards?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-11, 03:01 PM
Fiddledd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door edge guards?

Does anyone have photos of the door edge guards installed? Ordered them from the Sewell Parts website, but wondering what they'll look like before I actually put them on. Did a search on the forums, and found a few references to them. But couldn't really gather a strong feeilng pro or con from what I read. Am really pleased with the body side molding, by the way. When it quits raining, will take some photos.
Old 11-17-11, 05:48 AM
tapau
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Fiddledd, did you put the body side mouldings on yourself? If so, how was it ... if not, how much did it cost to have someone else put them on?

Please do post pictures, I'm thinking about getting them and can hardly find any pictures of RXs that have them.
Old 11-17-11, 07:11 AM
Fiddledd
Driver School Candidate

I love the body side molding. Didn't do it myself (as I had planned to do) - I bought mine from the Sewell Parts website, and took them with me when I picked up the car.... I'd anticipated having to pay for installation, but they went ahead and did it for me while I was doing all the paperwork. They look really nice, I think. Just trying to decide now about the door edge guards.
Old 11-17-11, 01:32 PM
Hawkeye70
Driver School Candidate

If you check out the Lexus Owners Club forum re: RX, you will find a thread on this subject with pictures.
Old 11-17-11, 01:46 PM
Fiddledd
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Hawkeye - but couldn't find it. Did a search on all forums. Which section is it in?
Old 11-17-11, 04:02 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Here it is, its just a over-priced color coded piece of door guard.

Old 11-18-11, 09:33 AM
jamiec
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the door edge guards and I like them. Bought them from Sewell and had them installed at my local body shop for $40. They look just like the picture The G Man posted. The guy that did the installation said they were a little difficult to put on but thought the color match and design were very good and a nice touch to add to the vehicle.
Old 11-18-11, 01:42 PM
Hawkeye70
Driver School Candidate

Smile

I must apologize; I had a senior moment...my comment concerned door side molding. But, I do like the door edge guards and plan to install them on my 2010 RX.
Old 11-18-11, 02:32 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Here it is, its just a over-priced color coded piece of door guard.

I think calling them over priced may not be fair. After reading the description on Sewell's about how they are made, the price seemed fair to me. Steel core with a color coordinated protective covering. Seems like a well made item for its intended purpose. I would like to see a photo of them on both doors taken from far enough back to see the whole car ... just to see how they look.
Old 11-18-11, 05:24 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Really, so you think that little piece of door guard is worth a hundred bucks? You must be a lot better off than I am then. In my opinion, the side molding is worth the hundred bucks but..............................
Old 11-18-11, 11:19 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Really, so you think that little piece of door guard is worth a hundred bucks? You must be a lot better off than I am then. In my opinion, the side molding is worth the hundred bucks but..............................
I'm seeing $69.54 for all four doors (shipping extra) as ClubLexus price at Sewell. Custom fit and color matched to the car. Seems like a great price if you need the item. Pretty trivial purchase for a car enthusiast.
Old 11-19-11, 07:01 AM
jamiec
Driver

Originally Posted by UCSB
I'm seeing $69.54 for all four doors (shipping extra) as ClubLexus price at Sewell. Custom fit and color matched to the car. Seems like a great price if you need the item. Pretty trivial purchase for a car enthusiast.
UCSB you are absolutely right, that's what I paid for mine from Sewell. Again, my body shop guy was impressed with how they were made and the color match. I will try to post a picture of mine installed.
Old 11-19-11, 07:12 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

USCB, you and jameic are right on the money. Quality and value are in the eye of the beholder so judge by your own experience on value, not by someone that doesn't have the same product.

In the future I may opt for the same ones you have (if I get a door chip that needs covering) but will stay w/o for the time being. I'm pretty careful where I park to give not only my doors room to swing but also doors of others. I can use the exercise and sometimes still jog (people look at me like I'm crazy) into the grocery stores as I tend to park 'out in the booneys.
Old 11-19-11, 08:23 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Seems like a great price if you need the item. Pretty trivial purchase for a car enthusiast.
Pretty trivial purchase for a car enthusiast ????
I am sorry, I just dont see too many door guards on Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche. I am sure those owners are auto enthusiast.
Old 11-19-11, 10:01 AM
jamiec
Driver

Thumbs up

Here are the pictures with the edge guards as promised! I like the fact that they are barely noticeable.
Attached Thumbnails Door edge guards?-2011-11-19_10-04-39_217.jpg   Door edge guards?-2011-11-19_10-04-09_959.jpg  

Quick Reply: Door edge guards?