RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-11, 06:42 AM
GregsLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Issues

My 2010 RX350 bluetooth system seems to have a mind of its own. It frequently disconnects and will not reconnect for days.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 11-17-11, 07:03 AM
tapau
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you trying to connect your phone or music? I had a problem connecting to my old Pantech phone. The dealer and I tried everything. It would connect once and only once a day. I had to get a new phone even though the Pantech met the required bluetooth version. I got a Samsung and it works perfect for both phone and music.
Old 11-17-11, 01:08 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

It could be the phone itself, my IPhone, Blackberry Tour and Droid Bionic works fine both music and talk.
Old 11-17-11, 05:33 PM
timlrx11
Driver

As wyau01 mentioned, it could be the phone. Have you tried a different phone?
Old 11-18-11, 10:07 AM
GregsLexus
Driver School Candidate

My phone is a current Iphone 4. This problem just started.
Old 11-18-11, 11:09 AM
shkr
Driver School Candidate

I am observing a similar problem with my new iphone 4s. Not reproducible always, but many a times it disconnects after I change the mode (bluetooth to fm/am/usb). I am then not able to reconnect it until i turn off my car.

Could it be an issue with ios 5 ?
Old 11-18-11, 02:17 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

It seems that most of the posts with consistent problems are around folks with the new iPhone. So if that's the case, it's not the car. Maybe the iPhone will have an upgrade in the future that will help. My Samsung droid just got it's third OS (gingerbread) since a year ago last August. Gotta reset something every time too.

Old 12-10-11, 08:55 AM
GregsLexus
Driver School Candidate

I was at the Lexus dealer yesterday and mentioned my problem of the bluetooth dropping connection.
They said they are having a few experiences with this with the Iphone and Verizon service.
The solution is to go into the phone and turn off the blue tooth connection for a minute and turn it back on and connect phone.
Problem solved
Old 12-10-11, 02:38 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GregsLexus
I was at the Lexus dealer yesterday and mentioned my problem of the bluetooth dropping connection.
They said they are having a few experiences with this with the Iphone and Verizon service.
The solution is to go into the phone and turn off the blue tooth connection for a minute and turn it back on and connect phone.
Problem solved
I used to have a similar problem with my Samsung phone in my 2010 RX. Well, about five months ago, this phone fell into a glass of water that was in the console of my car, and after not being able to get the phone to come back on for over a week, I reconnected my old cell phone, which is a Sanyo, and I haven't had any problems since. So I guess it depends on the phone that you have. I remember whenever I would lose the bluetooth connection with the Samsung, I would just turn the phone off and then turn it back on and the bluetooth icon would come back on and the connection would come back on.
Old 01-05-12, 08:02 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

I'm also having a similar problem with my 07 IS. I just upgraded to the 4s and I am still having trouble connecting the phone to the car's Bluetooth. With the 3GS, connection was automatic.
Old 02-11-12, 12:54 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got an LG Optimus T and it does the same thing too. The connection get drop sometimes, and a few times it can't connect. Once it can't connect when the car start, it will fail to connect even in the car "select phone to connect".

I have not try to turn off bluetooth on my phone and turn back on, but I want a permanent solution. The old iPhone 3GS seem to work fine.

Background: My car is a GS430 '06.
Old 02-17-12, 02:10 PM
rxsuperman
Driver

I have no problem with connecting the iPhone 4s via Bluetooth for phone calls but I can never get the RX Bluetooth audio connect to successfully connect to the iPhone 4s for streaming music. Has anyone been able to successfully perform Bluetooth audio connect with iPhone 4s??
Old 02-21-12, 04:54 AM
Sixtyplus
Driver School Candidate

My phone won't connect either. Its an LG but not sure of the model. Perhaps one of you that are more technical can help out....Bluetooth Issues-cell-phone.jpg
Old 02-21-12, 08:13 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha I see your problem the cord that plugs it into the wall has come undone.
Old 02-21-12, 12:32 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

That phone is trick, but I bet trying to push the right buttons in the right order is a PIA after learning the conventional key pad.
Originally Posted by Sixtyplus
My phone won't connect either. Its an LG but not sure of the model. Perhaps one of you that are more technical can help out...

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Issues