RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Sales guy wasn't blowing smoke after all...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-11, 05:31 PM
AlexB
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver
Is that without a roof rack or is it just lost in the trees? Looks really good, 'course, I'm partial to white RX.
Roof rack removed on the day I brought it home. I never liked it on the '11, and had ordered the parts in preperation.
Old 11-21-11, 05:34 PM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexB
Roof rack removed on the day I brought it home. I never liked it on the '11, and had ordered the parts in preperation.
Now that's a man who thinks ahead. Nice.
Old 11-21-11, 05:35 PM
AlexB
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
Alex, nice pictures. Best of luck with the '12. Nothing else matters as long as you're happy
Thanks Anita. I'll reserve judgement until I've got a few thousand kilometers on this car.
Old 11-21-11, 07:21 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice choice. Looks like the only difference in yours and mine is the (h) model.

The clouds came out well, did you use the HDR processing ???
And here it is. Canadian spec 2012 RX350 - Ultra Premium 1 package, Starfire Pearl w/ Parchment interior.

Attachment 228727

Attachment 228728
Old 11-21-11, 08:55 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

^I doubt it's HDR, the sunlight is behind the camera hence the brighter image of the car vs the background.

Congrats on the RX AlexB. Now go tint that front.
Old 11-21-11, 09:14 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing else matters as long as you're happy
The owner can do anything he wants with his vehicle, of course, but if I was so unhappy with a 3 month old vehicle that I would take a big financial hit to get rid of it I wouldn't be buying an IDENTICALLY spec'ed vehicle for it's replacement. If the vehicle was that flawed why would you buy an identical one, it might just have the same flaws. I looked back in the OP's threads but didn't see any prior posts as to what was so bad with the original vehicle.
Old 11-21-11, 10:30 PM
AlexB
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cruiter
The clouds came out well, did you use the HDR processing ???
Canon SD700, flash was on. As mentioned, sunlight was behind me.
Old 11-22-11, 01:56 AM
py0413
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 2012 RX as a loaner when I was in service last month and I couldn't tell the differences maybe it is because I had a pretty basic model.
Old 11-22-11, 03:31 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
The owner can do anything he wants with his vehicle, of course, but if I was so unhappy with a 3 month old vehicle that I would take a big financial hit to get rid of it I wouldn't be buying an IDENTICALLY spec'ed vehicle for it's replacement. If the vehicle was that flawed why would you buy an identical one, it might just have the same flaws. I looked back in the OP's threads but didn't see any prior posts as to what was so bad with the original vehicle.
Evitzee, I'm sure Alex appreciates your concern. If you reread the original post, you'll find the answer.
Old 11-22-11, 04:22 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, i didn't realize how much the roof rack impacts the appearance of the car. Great; now I have to go a buy the parts to remove mine
Old 11-22-11, 02:27 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Evitzee, I'm sure Alex appreciates your concern. If you reread the original post, you'll find the answer.
Reread it 4 times and I can't discern what the issue was with Alex's original vehicle. New RX seems tighter, color match is better on the new one, and car rides better, but I took those for impressions of the new vehicle and not the particular reasons for trading in the 'old' one. As long as he is happy we're all happy.
Old 11-22-11, 06:55 PM
AlexB
Rookie

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Reread it 4 times and I can't discern what the issue was with Alex's original vehicle. New RX seems tighter, color match is better on the new one, and car rides better, but I took those for impressions of the new vehicle and not the particular reasons for trading in the 'old' one. As long as he is happy we're all happy.
Evitzee, I've refrained from mentioning why I was unhappy with the '11 for a few reasons. Primarily because I feel that RX's in general are good cars (else why would I buy another), and the power of the internet to blow anything out of proportion. If you search for 3rd gen RX problems, the most common complaint you'll find is likely the lack of backlit buttons in the overhead console, and that's the level of complaint (and owner pickiness) that I feel this car deserves. Also, I'm sure many well meaning people would be suggesting courses of action that involve trying to persuade the dealership and/or Lexux Canada to make me happy. But I don't have a combative or argumentative nature and that would take too much energy, require more patience than I have, and increase my aggravation and dissatisfaction. Thirdly, I'm picky - what annoys me, another person may not notice - was there really anything wrong? My sales guy politely phrases it "particular", I say forget the PC speak, I'm **** about some things. So, shortest route to eliminating a source of unhappiness in my life - throuw money at it and make it go away, let's just hope it turns out to be the right choice
Old 11-22-11, 07:21 PM
JohnS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelPea
Wow, i didn't realize how much the roof rack impacts the appearance of the car. Great; now I have to go a buy the parts to remove mine
I agree - looks great. What is needed to remove it? Parts and how much work?
Old 11-22-11, 07:57 PM
rxsuperman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evitzee, I've refrained from mentioning why I was unhappy with the '11 for a few reasons. Primarily because I feel that RX's in general are good cars (else why would I buy another), and the power of the internet to blow anything out of proportion. If you search for 3rd gen RX problems, the most common complaint you'll find is likely the lack of backlit buttons in the overhead console, and that's the level of complaint (and owner pickiness) that I feel this car deserves. Also, I'm sure many well meaning people would be suggesting courses of action that involve trying to persuade the dealership and/or Lexux Canada to make me happy. But I don't have a combative or argumentative nature and that would take too much energy, require more patience than I have, and increase my aggravation and dissatisfaction. Thirdly, I'm picky - what annoys me, another person may not notice - was there really anything wrong? My sales guy politely phrases it "particular", I say forget the PC speak, I'm **** about some things. So, shortest route to eliminating a source of unhappiness in my life - throuw money at it and make it go away, let's just hope it turns out to be the right choice
Can I infer from your response that the 2012 RX overhead console is backlit?
Old 11-22-11, 10:59 PM
AlexB
Rookie

Originally Posted by rxsuperman
Can I infer from your response that the 2012 RX overhead console is backlit?
Nope, sorry it's not. But keep complaining about it, perhaps Lexus will hear us and change it.
I'd say they've reduced the engine and exhaust noise probably because of customer complaints, but then I've only got a sample of one to go on here...

Quick Reply: Sales guy wasn't blowing smoke after all...