RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2012 RX450 inventory

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-11, 01:05 PM
TampaOwner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 RX450 inventory

i just bought the 2012 RX450h in dark grey onyx exterior, black interior. there are several dealers in florida to choose from and they each had hybrid RXs on the lots. It was easy to find my color. It also had all the features i wanted, ie remote start, premium package, comfort package, parking assist, wood upgrades, 19"wheels, navigation... Lexus is doing a good job of putting in features that people want and leaving off the unnecessary ones like cruise control assist and HUD.

MSRP was $54,950 for the car and I got it for $51,500 if youre in the market, you could probably get a better deal for a few hundred less. they are being REAL aggressive in the month of November and December. the dealer did try to sell me 7 different add on packages like pre paid maintenance for $1900, a tire rim protection plan that just covers rim damage, a Lojack membership(car isnt easy to steal right?). and even a beauty maintenance coverage which fixes any cosmetic dings and wear and tear.. the clown finance manager tried to tell me he has three of the packages on his leased car... sou ded like BS to me.. the options combined were another $4000 and they expect you to sign up for them without having done ANY research or provide any of the fine print... i was a bit turned off by that, but i got the vehicle i wanted with no wait... comments?

im new to the forum
Old 11-24-11, 01:20 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus TampaOwner. It is a great site and you will learn a lot. I lurked here for almost a year before i joined and from what I learned here allowed me to know exactly what I wanted.

NIce to know that there is inventory there for the 450H. Mine should be here next week and it is my understanding that it is one of the first 2012's that will be delivered in Canada. I ordered it the second day after they released the pricing so it could very well be true.
Old 11-24-11, 06:03 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you got what you wanted, but HUD is a very useful option as far as I am concerned. It was on the vehicle that we purchased and both my wife and I thought it was a gimmick, but it quickly became one of the most liked options on the RX. It is far easier to see and maintain your speed when it is in your line of sight rather than looking down at the speedo which sits pretty low due to the seating position of the RX. I would not want to give it up. We travelled to Canada this summer and it was easy to just push a button to change the speed display to km/hr rather than doing a mental conversion or trying to read the tiny scale on the speedo. HUD is a pricey option at $1,200 and only comes on Japan made vehicles so it is rarer to find it on an RX350 which are mostly assembled in Canada.
Old 11-24-11, 06:32 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the CL forum, it's a good place to be. Sounds like you got a good deal w/o being loaded up with the junk packages.

I don't have the HUD and it was one option I wanted but just not available here in the SE w/o special ordering the car.

Send Photos

Originally Posted by TampaOwner
i just bought the 2012 RX450h in dark grey onyx exterior, black interior. there are several dealers in florida to choose from and they each had hybrid RXs on the lots. It was easy to find my color. It also had all the features i wanted, ie remote start, premium package, comfort package, parking assist, wood upgrades, 19"wheels, navigation... Lexus is doing a good job of putting in features that people want and leaving off the unnecessary ones like cruise control assist and HUD.

MSRP was $54,950 for the car and I got it for $51,500 if youre in the market, you could probably get a better deal for a few hundred less. they are being REAL aggressive in the month of November and December. the dealer did try to sell me 7 different add on packages like pre paid maintenance for $1900, a tire rim protection plan that just covers rim damage, a Lojack membership(car isnt easy to steal right?). and even a beauty maintenance coverage which fixes any cosmetic dings and wear and tear.. the clown finance manager tried to tell me he has three of the packages on his leased car... sou ded like BS to me.. the options combined were another $4000 and they expect you to sign up for them without having done ANY research or provide any of the fine print... i was a bit turned off by that, but i got the vehicle i wanted with no wait... comments?

im new to the forum
Old 11-25-11, 07:44 PM
TampaOwner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

December is their busiest month. there are a relative large number of 2012 RX hybrids out there, but they go quick too. its not like the Toyota Highlander hybrid where its hard to even find a dealer with a show model... its best to email each of your area Lexus dealers, ask them what they have and have them email you the sticker specs. find the one you want, then email each of them and get their best deal. then take that deal to your local dealer and negotiate from that price. I found some dealers had several on their lots, but most were white and black exteriors. if youre in the market, November and December is when they are the most aggressive
Old 11-28-11, 02:48 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience!