RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Well Christmas came early....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-11, 06:18 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we do ours. I don't have the patience to do the mods you've done tho at some point I may do the lighted door sills. Or just wait till I trade again and get the HUD too. That's the biggest option I miss having.
Old 12-01-11, 06:52 AM
07LexusGuy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Very nice car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we do ours. I don't have the patience to do the mods you've done tho at some point I may do the lighted door sills. Or just wait till I trade again and get the HUD too. That's the biggest option I miss having.
Jim, you're not missing much by not having the HUD. However, when you trade in next time, perhaps a newer version of the HUD will be out with more cool features.
Old 12-01-11, 09:32 AM
JLRX
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats InRBigness,

I ordered the same vehicle (same colour / same package) 3 weeks ago, I am hoping to have for christmas but I know I will likely get in early 2012.

I could have been driving a Black Opal Mica RX450h right now because one was available but I decided to hold out for the Starlight Black model that was on the production line in Japan and I am glad I did because that colour looks very nice compared to the Black Opal Mica that has a purplish tint in sunlight.

How long did it end up taking for you to receive delivery ?
Old 12-01-11, 09:33 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 164287356
holy shxt!!! Canada ultrapremuim package 2.......top package.......Congrats!!!!!!!!That should cost you around 80000CAD......

I paid $70K including all the PDI, Delivery and other dealer stuff. It included the bumper protector and the factory wiring and hitch with receiver and 2" ball (never asked for that, just came) as well as towing package. They also threw in the rear cargo mat which I really like and in canada all the RX's come with the mud flaps front and rear, all weather rubber mats front and back.

Jim the interior light bulb change is amazing as to what it accomplishes. Intead of being in a muted yellowish space like an italian restaraunt its more like being in an office building. The white light, while a bit brighter, makes all the corners go away on the floor. I figure if I want to turn the light on to see somthing I want to be able to see it. The interior changes only took approx an hour and only tool you need is a small screwdriver. I used a hard plastic table knife to pry out the lights so there was more surface area and less chance to scratch. It worked perfectly.

Cost for all the bulbs including the CREE reverse and rear signal lights was only $160 or so. Makes vehicle way cooler in my opinion. I have already had comments on how "clean and bright" it is.
Old 12-01-11, 09:39 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JLRX
Congrats InRBigness,

I ordered the same vehicle (same colour / same package) 3 weeks ago, I am hoping to have for christmas but I know I will likely get in early 2012.

I could have been driving a Black Opal Mica RX450h right now because one was available but I decided to hold out for the Starlight Black model that was on the production line in Japan and I am glad I did because that colour looks very nice compared to the Black Opal Mica that has a purplish tint in sunlight.

How long did it end up taking for you to receive delivery ?
You are very correct about the Opal Mica. It does look purpleish in the sun. this one has gold flecks in it and in the sun it really pops.

I ordered on the 27th of September which was the first day that Lexus Canada would take orders. I recieved it exactly 2 months later exactly the way I wanted it. Just so you know, Lexus canada does not offer body side moldings for this color but it is the same color as the stargazer black in the states (paint code 217). I ordered them from Sewell and paid $111. shipped with my clublexus discount.
Old 12-01-11, 09:50 AM
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what???$70K???How you got that much discount and that much accessories????That was a 10K discount!! Which Canadian dealer you bought it???
Originally Posted by InRBigness
I paid $70K including all the PDI, Delivery and other dealer stuff. It included the bumper protector and the factory wiring and hitch with receiver and 2" ball (never asked for that, just came) as well as towing package. They also threw in the rear cargo mat which I really like and in canada all the RX's come with the mud flaps front and rear, all weather rubber mats front and back.

Jim the interior light bulb change is amazing as to what it accomplishes. Intead of being in a muted yellowish space like an italian restaraunt its more like being in an office building. The white light, while a bit brighter, makes all the corners go away on the floor. I figure if I want to turn the light on to see somthing I want to be able to see it. The interior changes only took approx an hour and only tool you need is a small screwdriver. I used a hard plastic table knife to pry out the lights so there was more surface area and less chance to scratch. It worked perfectly.

Cost for all the bulbs including the CREE reverse and rear signal lights was only $160 or so. Makes vehicle way cooler in my opinion. I have already had comments on how "clean and bright" it is.
Old 12-01-11, 10:04 AM
JLRX
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did get a pretty sweet deal, I paid a little less but I had to trade in a car to get under the that !!! and you got a hitch thrown in - nice.

When you get your side mouldings put on - post a few picks if you get a chance (also are you putting on yourself?)

with regards to paint protection, I have not decided yet - I was quote $399 which is better then I paid for my last car. Did they throw that in to?
Old 12-01-11, 10:52 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

No paint protection will be about $700. I am doing that aftermarket as I am having the whole hood done and wrapped, the front bumper and the whole front fenders on both sides done. I dont want to have any edges showing so it is a bit more. I was quoted $399 for basic with 16" on hood and flared on fenders.

For me this a no brainer just like the Smart Start and body side mouldings.