RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Help - I can't find the TPM reset button, where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-12, 11:57 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by afpj
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum?
Ha Ha, somehow I think you know you're not even close
Old 02-14-12, 09:30 AM
WALLEYEGUY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When/why do you need to reset tpm?
Old 02-14-12, 10:34 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by WALLEYEGUY
If you choose to dramatically change your normal pressure in the tires, get new tires or if the sensors get replaced.
Old 02-14-12, 11:02 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by WALLEYEGUY
I got new tires and the dealer thought it prudent to re-set the sensor/receiver to 35lbs from 32. I can't explain why as the door say's 32 all around. Two lights came on after a couple of days. No problem, I found the button (finally) re-set it and self medicated my twisted back with red wine . So all is good again

Last edited by Cruiter; 02-14-12 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-17-13, 08:06 AM
BillON1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BertL
If you choose to dramatically change your normal pressure in the tires, get new tires or if the sensors get replaced.
It's my understanding (both theoretically and in practice) this button resets the sensors in the tires. If you put new sensors on.... eg taking off your summer tires/rims and putting on your winter tires/rims then that entails resetting the car to the new sensors. For this you need to hook into the OBDII connector using something like ATEQ's device..... tpms@atequsa.com... or ....tpms@ateq.ca and thereby advising the car that it has to look for a different set of sensors. The reset button won't accomplish a reset to new sensors
Old 09-17-13, 10:11 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, an old post revived! BillON1, thanks for the additional clarification.
Old 11-26-13, 07:36 PM
niwotco
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info, I crawled under the dashboard five or six times and could not find the reset button. I found this forum, joined, looked this up, and found the button right away.

The Owner's Manual sucks.
Old 02-17-14, 06:14 PM
Lepapeherm
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by niwotco
Thanks for the info, I crawled under the dashboard five or six times and could not find the reset button. I found this forum, joined, looked this up, and found the button right away.

The Owner's Manual sucks.
Anyone knows where the reset button is located for the RX350 2013??? couldn't find it under the dash.
Thanks
Old 02-17-14, 06:50 PM
PeteInGilr
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lepapeherm
Anyone knows where the reset button is located for the RX350 2013??? couldn't find it under the dash.
Thanks
I had a tough time finding it too. It was easy to find by feel. Sit in the drivers seat and reach your right hand under the dash (almost to the accelerator). You will feel a small button and that's the reset button. In my '14 it is not labeled. My manual showed it as being on the dash....not even close.
Old 02-17-14, 07:02 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Yes, the button should be there way below the steering wheel. Pictures in the owners manual aren't always the clearest.
Old 02-17-14, 07:35 PM
Lepapeherm
Driver

Originally Posted by PeteInGilr
I had a tough time finding it too. It was easy to find by feel. Sit in the drivers seat and reach your right hand under the dash (almost to the accelerator). You will feel a small button and that's the reset button. In my '14 it is not labeled. My manual showed it as being on the dash....not even close.
I looked again under the dash..... could not find it.....simply not there.
Maby the option is not installed in my car!!!! but a low tire pressure warning came on lately when the weather was really cold so I know there is some kind of tpm that exist on that car.
I am puzzled.
Old 02-17-14, 07:45 PM
PeteInGilr
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lepapeherm
I looked again under the dash..... could not find it.....simply not there.
Maby the option is not installed in my car!!!! but a low tire pressure warning came on lately when the weather was really cold so I know there is some kind of tpm that exist on that car.
I am puzzled.
Don't "look"....just feel for it. Reach your right arm under the dash, fingertips up, and right before the accelerator you will feel it....a small button about the size of a pencil eraser.
Old 02-17-14, 10:23 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

its literally under the dash, not on the dash. If you want to see it, you will literally have to open your door fully and bend into the footwell area and twist your head up.
Old 02-18-14, 06:41 AM
Lepapeherm
Driver

Talking Finally found the hidden button!!

Originally Posted by PeteInGilr
Don't "look"....just feel for it. Reach your right arm under the dash, fingertips up, and right before the accelerator you will feel it....a small button about the size of a pencil eraser.
Finally found it......could't see it last evening,even with a flashlight, crowling under the dash.
PeteInGilr, You are right, I found it by feeling the underdash near the accelerator,(a small button about the size of a pencil eraser)
The Lexus manual is completely wrong.
Thanks guys.
Old 02-24-14, 03:53 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi All,
Basically do not need any device to check pressure of tires since I do control pressure once a month at minimum and put additional pressure if required.
It is a safety rule I have adopted since many years and doing this makes you more aware of how the vehicle reacts when there is something wrong either on the road pavement or in the car and, most important, looking at your tires more often... one of the most safety device of your car.

Quick Reply: Help - I can't find the TPM reset button, where is it?