RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2013 rx350 [Updated with leaked pics page 2]

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 05:26 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
...I don't understand how Lexus gets behind on some things????
I personally don't consider it as "Lexus being behind" since the feature is available in the product line, but simply a difference in marketing/sales approaches between brands as to what features are in the base model with base sticker price vs. what is a $500 option in this case.
Old 04-29-12, 06:03 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

+1 and you also have to consider all else that is either standard or available that most models don't have at all. Then consider the quality and resale. Lexus RX is still tops from JD Powers to Consumer Reports in it's category.

Year after year since it's initial inception the RX is the best seller Lexus has.
Originally Posted by BertL
I personally don't consider it as "Lexus being behind" since the feature is available in the product line, but simply a difference in marketing/sales approaches between brands as to what features are in the base model with base sticker price vs. what is a $500 option in this case.

Last edited by Cruiter; 04-29-12 at 06:05 AM. Reason: info
Old 04-30-12, 06:57 AM
gqscholar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does all the new 2013 have the lower lid/audi looking lights?

Or is it a upgrade and if it is what package is it

Thanks
Old 04-30-12, 07:10 AM
BertL
Racer

Both 2013 RX350 and RX450h have the new front ends and "L" shaped LED DRLs as standard. There is an "F-Sport" package that further changes the grille and bumper for a more aggressive look on some models and in some markets, as well as an option on the RX450h to have LED headlights.
Old 05-15-12, 08:08 AM
BertL
Racer

Was just reviewing the "Vehicle Inquiry Report" for my special-ordered 2013 RX450h which leaves Japan on Friday and noticed something interesting about a change in the audio system CD players on the 2013.
On the 2013, the standard Lexus 9-speaker premium audio system continues to have the 6-disc in-dash CD changer. However, if you add the Mark Levinson option, it now specifically states it comes with a "single CD player" (which I believe some of the other Lexus models are now coming with as well.)
While that's not a big deal for me as I keep an iPod Classic plugged in the USB port all the time, and lots of people are using Bluetooth streaming nowadays, it may account for part of the drop in price of the ML option -- 2012 MSRP $1660 to $995 in 2013.
Old 05-28-12, 10:16 AM
tenbarge
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy 2013 RX 350 interior

My wife and I were ready to order our 3rd RX having previously had an '07 and currently driving a '10. When we went to the dealer and saw what they had done to the color of the dash and doors we deceided to wait and hopefully they change for 2014. On three of the four interior color choices the dash is black and all the door panel except for where you rest your arm is black. When your sitting in a car with your arm on the arm rest all you see is black. I can't imagine them selling any of these cars in sourthern climates. Check it our for yourselves, our sales rep said we weren't the first to not like this change. The brochure only show the one color that isn't all black.
Old 06-04-12, 04:36 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I can tell with the limited info released on the RX F Sport....interior has one color option, all black...if so, they might have lost a sale to me as well.... I hate all black interiors as they HEAT up so fast in the SWest. Does anyone know if this is the case? I sure hope not.....
Old 06-04-12, 05:14 AM
BertL
Racer

Originally Posted by Dolphin
From what I can tell with the limited info released on the RX F Sport....interior has one color option, all black...if so, they might have lost a sale to me as well.... I hate all black interiors as they HEAT up so fast in the SWest. Does anyone know if this is the case? I sure hope not.....
I believe you are correct.

2013 hardcopy brochure indicates under "RX 350 F Sport": Black leather interior trim with white perforations and contrasting stitching; in the color availability chart it shows the "Black Leather with White perforations" being a "RX F Sport exclusive" and available with Silver Lining Metallic, Starfire Pearl, Nebula Gray, Obsidian, Deep Sea Mica, and Claret exterior colors -- all with Ebony Maple.

The web under RX Options and Pricing indicates with an RX 350 F Sport" that the following is standard: F SPORT black leather-trimmed interior with silver contrasting perforations and stitching, black headliner and ebony bird's-eye maple interior trim.

It's not possible yet to "build your Lexus" with an F-Sport online, at least in my zip code (it seems to be tied to local inventory vs really building one as it used to do), but you could always go to a dealer and ask them to try and order one to see if their configurator allows some different interior color to be ordered. I'd take the bet though, black with white perforations is what one gets with the F-Sport this year.
Old 06-04-12, 05:03 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ordered my rx450 3months ago
Should be getting it this month as the official launch date for aus is 15th of june
Will post up pics of the baby when i pick it up
Old 06-04-12, 06:03 PM
BertL
Racer

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
Ordered my rx450 3months ago
Should be getting it this month as the official launch date for aus is 15th of june
Will post up pics of the baby when i pick it up
Congratulations on that order. I'm waiting for a call my 2013 is ready any day now as well!!!
Old 06-06-12, 04:50 PM
kingston
Driver School Candidate

does the rear on the F Sport look any different than the regular RX? From the pics it looks like you can't even tell the difference between a regular and F Sport model, unless i'm missing something?
Old 06-06-12, 06:39 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday I saw my first 2013 RX here in Beijing. It was a black regular model that parked on the street. I just have to say: Lexus nailed it. I was already sold on the RX refresh before, but it was even more beautiful in person. It kind of feels like a new car, not just a refresh. It had a more sculpted body especially the rear haunches. The design of the rear is very refined and dynamic. 5/5 effort by Lexus
Old 06-06-12, 09:46 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kingston
does the rear on the F Sport look any different than the regular RX? From the pics it looks like you can't even tell the difference between a regular and F Sport model, unless i'm missing something?
One thing I noticed in the F-sport commercial tonight is that it had Paddle Shifters; you can
see the guy shifting with his right hand!! Not something I would do, but I don't like the Black interior OR the all black steering wheel; give me woodgrain every day!!!
Old 06-07-12, 02:51 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. Give me wood grain or forget it!
Old 06-07-12, 08:43 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It would be nice if Lexus would at least offer the Saddle color interior on the F-Sport. I guess I'm old school but I tend to like the wood accents.

Quick Reply: 2013 rx350 [Updated with leaked pics page 2]