RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Auto Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-12, 07:42 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

They do, fogs are always off when High Beam is selected.
Originally Posted by kwbuggy
The easiest way to adjust this is leave the lights in the auto setting but not to push the adjustment stalk forward (toward the dash). This way the lights don't automatically move between high and low beam when driving in deer country. It is then very simple to push the stalk forward when you want the auto dim feature to function.
I find that using the driving (fog) lights is really useful on rural roads but they automatically turn off when the high beams come on. I don't know if that happens on US spec cars but in Canada it is illegal to run more than four front lights at the same time so that is why they are set up this way here.
Old 01-13-12, 12:52 PM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, reading your posts I am now completely lost !

The link hereafter http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX_with_nav_LPS.pdf has nothing to do with my 450h 2010 version with different packs available in France and different from North America packs.

Some settings demonstration in that link are not available in my car ???? particularly the one for "vehicle customization" which are accessible via the menu through the steering wheel (push more than 2 sec open a detailed menu in front of the your above tachymeter, etc. when you can see current consumption, seat belts fasten or not, etc. ) and not via the nav screen which have other setting options.

In addition to this we do not have any "light settings" unless you are talking about "light sensitivity" settings but again, I cannot see any change when changing this, do you?
Can you light me?

Other question: do you find your double xenon led sufficiently powerful (I find led not enough powerful)?

thx
Al

Last edited by Alpy64; 01-13-12 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-13-12, 07:00 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixtyplus
EMSLEXUSRX described what I am looking for. What year do you have and could you check that it does not auto dim when speed drops. My RX is a Canadian vesion and it does dim lights if your speed drops below 20 Km/h - about 12 mph. I want it to dim lights when it 'sees' other lights but when it is pitch dark out on a narrow country road with deer around, I want high beams. I'll check with dealer next time I'm in the area - about a 6 hour drive from me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sixtyplus AKA Dave
Sixtyplus, my RX is a 2010 model that was purchased in July of 2010. I somehow managed to get an RX that happens to have the adaptive forward xenons with the auto high beam and other features without getting the navigation system. Since I live in the city limits of Tampa, FL, it may be a little difficult to gauge if the auto beam function turns off below a certain speed, because around the city area there's too much reflection of lights going on, so my auto high beams go off and on constantly around town at night. But I do recall the auto beams performing the way they were intended while driving on some country roads up in the Georgia mountains/North Carolina area last year.
Of course, I doubt I was going anywhere near 20 miles an hour (Hee!Hee!), you know, out in the open, kind of hard to go slow.........