RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

MY10 RX350 Navi. Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-12 | 03:35 PM
MY10RX
Driver School Candidate

Default MY10 RX350 Navi. Question

Hi all, new to the forums. I hope I will be taken under some helpful wings, Before posting this I tried searching on the site and on Google, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question. I have skimmed through all the navigation sections in the manual regarding my question but to no avail I can't seem to find anything. Anyhoo onto the question.

How can I look up the navigation history? Or basically is there a way to access "Places I have been to" type of database? I see that if I input a preset destination or search for one, I can look it up.. But for places I haven't searched for and just turned off my car, would that point of "stoppage" be recorded somehow? It seems to be all mumbo-jumbo but in essence what I want to say is, Can I see where I have been to and whatnot? I can't seem to access a detailed type of "history" or maybe there is none? Any insight would be helpful!
Old 02-14-12 | 03:57 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Yes there is a way because I have brought it up on screen before. I believe it's in destinations and then there should be a history button. I will verify and get back unless someone in the forum beats me to it.
Old 02-14-12 | 04:04 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MY10RX
Hi all, new to the forums. I hope I will be taken under some helpful wings, Before posting this I tried searching on the site and on Google, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question. I have skimmed through all the navigation sections in the manual regarding my question but to no avail I can't seem to find anything. Anyhoo onto the question.

How can I look up the navigation history? Or basically is there a way to access "Places I have been to" type of database? I see that if I input a preset destination or search for one, I can look it up.. But for places I haven't searched for and just turned off my car, would that point of "stoppage" be recorded somehow? It seems to be all mumbo-jumbo but in essence what I want to say is, Can I see where I have been to and whatnot? I can't seem to access a detailed type of "history" or maybe there is none? Any insight would be helpful!
Also in the settings, you can turn what I call (cookie crumbs) on and off. There is another name, but I call them cookie crumbs. It deposits a little red dot on the map as you drive.
Old 02-14-12 | 04:13 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Welcome to CL, MY10RX.

To view previously entered destinations, on the main menu click on Destination, Previous Destinations. BTW, you can access them while you're driving
Old 02-14-12 | 05:39 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Anita I don't have to go into the garage. lol
Old 02-14-12 | 05:43 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Long trek to the garage, MEP? LOL!
Old 02-14-12 | 06:18 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

I live in a 30,000 sg ft Estate and the garages are detached from the main home. The chauffeur drives me and brings the RX around to pick me up so, it would have been a lot of trouble. Did I keep a straight face through that?
Old 02-14-12 | 06:22 PM
MY10RX
Driver School Candidate

Wow guys SPOT ON!! Could not ask for more. Thanks!!
Old 02-14-12 | 06:24 PM
MY10RX
Driver School Candidate

Yea I figured out the previous destinations options (would've not known this if it wasn't for the 1 hour review of that sub-section ) Especially thank you to Cruiter which was what I was looking for !! Nonetheless everyone else was of grea help haha I hope no one feels left out. Thank you!
Old 02-14-12 | 06:44 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Hey MY10RX welcome aboard.

I'm not sure of this, but you may be limited on how many "pages" of previous destinations you can scroll through while driving. Some of the screens are motion limited, meaning you either can't see them at all or they are limited on how much scrolling you can do while driving.

Anita says I'm always confused, but your question confuses me just a bit. To me it doesn't sound like you want a previous destination, but rather one of two things.

1) can you continue from where you stop? Yes, if you don't delete the destination you can start up from where you stopped. Also deleting doesn't totally delete a destination, it just removes it as your current destination. Any destination you set ends up as a previous. Not sure how many previous you can have.

2) This is where I'm confused. You say, "would that point of "stoppage" be recorded somehow". Stick with me here, David thinking is kicking in. Let's say you put in a destination and you don't make it to your destination that day and you stop and would like to visit this "stoppage" location some other time. While you are stopped (or even driving) and you have original destination loaded, on the bottom of the screen is an "On" button. On turns on a menu across the bottom of the screen. In that bottom menu you will see the word "Mark". When you click on "Mark" it will take that "stoppage" location and put it into the address book. It will put the closest street address to your stoppage into the address book. So some day or hour later, whatever, you can go to the address book and set that "stoppage" point as the destination. When you want anything in the address book can be permanently deleted.

Confused?
Old 02-14-12 | 07:13 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Hey MY10RX welcome aboard.

I'm not sure of this, but you may be limited on how many "pages" of previous destinations you can scroll through while driving. Some of the screens are motion limited, meaning you either can't see them at all or they are limited on how much scrolling you can do while driving.

Anita says I'm always confused, but your question confuses me just a bit. To me it doesn't sound like you want a previous destination, but rather one of two things.

1) can you continue from where you stop? Yes, if you don't delete the destination you can start up from where you stopped. Also deleting doesn't totally delete a destination, it just removes it as your current destination. Any destination you set ends up as a previous. Not sure how many previous you can have.

2) This is where I'm confused. You say, "would that point of "stoppage" be recorded somehow". Stick with me here, David thinking is kicking in. Let's say you put in a destination and you don't make it to your destination that day and you stop and would like to visit this "stoppage" location some other time. While you are stopped (or even driving) and you have original destination loaded, on the bottom of the screen is an "On" button. On turns on a menu across the bottom of the screen. In that bottom menu you will see the word "Mark". When you click on "Mark" it will take that "stoppage" location and put it into the address book. It will put the closest street address to your stoppage into the address book. So some day or hour later, whatever, you can go to the address book and set that "stoppage" point as the destination. When you want anything in the address book can be permanently deleted.

Confused?
David
I drink the cheap Yellow Tail at night. Maybe if we both drink the same thing, I can understand you .
LOL

MY10RX was asking about the cookie crumbs I think.
Old 02-14-12 | 08:01 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by Cruiter
David
I drink the cheap Yellow Tail at night. Maybe if we both drink the same thing, I can understand you .
LOL

MY10RX was asking about the cookie crumbs I think.
Imagine if you will, the way I drive a map covered with bread crumbs (too cheap for cookies). Too confusing using trace route, at least for me.
Old 02-15-12 | 04:15 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Sorry, Id rather have the cookies than the crumbs I found this feature annoying a long time ago. Went crazy when I was driving a loaner with it on. Off it went.

David brings up a good point, using Mark on the bottom of the nav screen. It's an easy way to record locations that you may want to return to in the future. Your original destination routing will stay in effect until you delete it. However, the destination will stay in Previous Destinations.

Regret asking this question yet?

Last edited by kitlz; 02-15-12 at 04:30 AM.
Old 02-15-12 | 05:15 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
Sorry, Id rather have the cookies than the crumbs I found this feature annoying a long time ago. Went crazy when I was driving a loaner with it on. Off it went.

David brings up a good point, using Mark on the bottom of the nav screen. It's an easy way to record locations that you may want to return to in the future. Your original destination routing will stay in effect until you delete it. However, the destination will stay in Previous Destinations.

Regret asking this question yet?
Anita,
I love the crumbs, I don't have a real good explanation as to why, guess it's just so I can know I traveled there . But now the "Mark" feature needs improvement with specific icons like "Great Beer & Wings" to remember where some of the better stops have been .
Old 02-15-12 | 05:19 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I agree with you, Jim. I don't like how addresses entered via Enform show the Lexus "L" emblem. Looks like it should be a Lexus dealer location.