RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

is there a way to...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-12 | 06:16 PM
m1964
Intermediate

Question is there a way to...

have Climate Control settings be displayed at all times on top of the NAV screen? Like when you change settings, for a short period of time the settings will be displayed above the map...I like to have it visible at all times (if possible)

Thanx a lot
Old 03-22-12 | 07:17 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

You can go into your settings in the Nav screen and find several features that are owner changeable. That's one of them. Then it will stay on what ever screen you last set it to.

Your manual has a whole section devoted to that. It's good reading when going to bed, helps to sleep
Originally Posted by m1964
have Climate Control settings be displayed at all times on top of the NAV screen? Like when you change settings, for a short period of time the settings will be displayed above the map...I like to have it visible at all times (if possible)

Thanx a lot
Old 03-22-12 | 08:04 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cruiter
You can go into your settings in the Nav screen and find several features that are owner changeable. That's one of them. Then it will stay on what ever screen you last set it to.

Your manual has a whole section devoted to that. It's good reading when going to bed, helps to sleep
I think the OP was asking a slightly different question. I will try and paraphrase it here: is there a way for the climate info to display above the map, like it does when you are temporarily changing the temperature? This would be a nice feature, if it existed.
Old 03-22-12 | 08:21 PM
dnkyle
Driver School Candidate

Thanks UCSD... That what I want to know too.
Old 03-23-12 | 04:57 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Sorry, I misunderstood. Doing it the way you're speaking of is not available. I guess they thought other displays that change such as the map, energy display, music, etc were more important than a static one you can bring up easily enough by adjusting the temp on one side or the other.
Originally Posted by dnkyle
Thanks UCSD... That what I want to know too.
Old 03-23-12 | 08:42 AM
TomT127
Driver

Would also be nice if music info could be displayed while in navigation. While listening to satellite I like to know what artist is playing.
Old 03-24-12 | 07:13 PM
m1964
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TomT127
Would also be nice if music info could be displayed while in navigation. While listening to satellite I like to know what artist is playing.
Well, there are some things to be improved in the next gen. RX...
Also, when in "Auto" mode, does climate control chages air flow/vents or not?

In amy former LR when set to "auto", the vehicle would adjust temperature, and also direct the air flow as needed: if starting from cold, (after engine warmed up) at first, warm air flow was directed to the floor/feet, and then as the vehicle warms up, the air flow would change to the dash vents w/ cooler air. If starting from hot temp in the summer, cold air woud be directed to dash vents, and not to the floor.

In RX, it appears that when set to "auto", the air flow is to floor ands dash vents, no matter cold or warm air is required.
I don't like cold air blowing to my feet, and warm air to my face (I fall asleep..)
SO far that is the only thing I do not like in RX, everything else is superb!
Old 03-25-12 | 03:21 AM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TomT127
Unfortunately, what was available with the former 400h with Nav is no longer available with the 450h.
Remind you that with 400h, there was the ML which was fitted with a narrow display unit where we could see tracks, radio wave, and air conditioned parameters /settings while the nab displayed navigation routes or power generation, etc.
This is lot possible with the 450h (the RX gen III basically) and I find this new way a step backward as we have to change screen to get other information... which is potentially hazardous and unsafe while driving.

Any reaction?
Old 03-25-12 | 08:03 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

If they carry the wide format display from the new GS over to the RX, I believe we will be able to see all of these items as we wish.
Old 10-07-12 | 04:59 PM
wjbarton
Driver School Candidate

I agree with the posters that would like to see audio information (eg Artist and Song Title) while in normal Nav mode. I've seen Nav/audio systems on other vehicles that do this and I am disappointed that Lexus doesn't provide this function. Wonder if Lexus reviews these posts and considers them when its time for product updates. Lexus...if you are listening...this would be a nice feature.