RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Just P/U a 10 RX

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12 | 11:07 AM
sightdev
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XRUNNER1
We picked it up for 33,400 there is a rebate from lexus for active duty for $750 so that helped a little. Miles were 33,700, we are very happy with the condition although I wanted Nav. the one with that was in not so good condition it looked as if the front bumper was coming apart. Any body else here have the Starfire Pearl? I noticed the bumper on all the ones at the dealer(At least the white) seemed to be a little off color. Still a good color no complaints like my Mazda CX-7, that thing was a nightmare!
amazed at the resale value of the RX. congrats on selecting the best color on RX

bumper color slightly vary for any manufacture on any vehicles because they are sent painted from another location. Some color show little more than the others at certain condition of light/angle.

Bumper separation is known issue on both 2010 model and there is a TSB for repair. You can take it in to have newer bracket/brace to hold the bumper in-place better. I had mine done but not much better.

I have the oem navi but you be better with TomTom or Garmin with Lifetime map and traffic features. oem HID has AFS so it will be less offensive to on-coming traffic but few owners here did add after market system from vendor that supports this site. do a search and it will also have a coupon code to use to get extra discount for being a member.
Old 04-16-12 | 02:04 PM
XRUNNER1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sightdev
amazed at the resale value of the RX. congrats on selecting the best color on RX

bumper color slightly vary for any manufacture on any vehicles because they are sent painted from another location. Some color show little more than the others at certain condition of light/angle.

Bumper separation is known issue on both 2010 model and there is a TSB for repair. You can take it in to have newer bracket/brace to hold the bumper in-place better. I had mine done but not much better.

I have the oem navi but you be better with TomTom or Garmin with Lifetime map and traffic features. oem HID has AFS so it will be less offensive to on-coming traffic but few owners here did add after market system from vendor that supports this site. do a search and it will also have a coupon code to use to get extra discount for being a member.
I spoke to the wife about black, but the 20yrs I have been with her I dont dare mention any other color than white to here. We both agree White is easier to maintain and resale, not that I wish to sale for a LONG time. Is there an area here at CL for recalls and TSB's?
Old 04-16-12 | 02:14 PM
BertL
Racer

I subscribe to this thread for recalls. Not specific to RX or Lexus, but interesting just the same. I'm not aware of TSB info other than the random post or use of the official Lexus/Toyota site that is a fee-based website -- others may be of more help with pointers in that regard.
Old 04-16-12 | 04:22 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

There's a ton of info in this forum, not to mention the discounts that you can get for being a member on stores selling after market accessories.
The accompanying manual is still the Gold Standard when it comes to answers but i have learned that real world application suits my needs more.
A perfect example is the tire pressure. i know that 32 is the recommended psi for on all 4s.
However, i find 34-35 psi as my sweet spot on my RX 350.

i get a very good milage and i ilke the ride better.
Old 04-16-12 | 04:27 PM
gqscholar
Driver

Originally Posted by XRUNNER1
I spoke to the wife about black, but the 20yrs I have been with her I dont dare mention any other color than white to here. We both agree White is easier to maintain and resale, not that I wish to sale for a LONG time. Is there an area here at CL for recalls and TSB's?
My wife is the same. I always ask her white or black bc i always think of those two colors as luxary and she always say white.