RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

...Headlights on the 2012 RX 350....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12 | 07:49 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Red face ...Headlights on the 2012 RX 350....

I am not one for modifications (I have an 85 Mustang SVO all original and show car)...but I wonder if the heaflights on my 2012 RX 350 can be upgraded (notic that I did not say modify...lol) to HID.....sorry for the mispelling I meant to write Headlights....

Last edited by kitlz; 04-27-12 at 03:51 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 04-27-12 | 03:53 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Fixed for you. Are you sure you don't have the HID headlights already? They're part of the comfort package with heated/cooled seats.

Last edited by kitlz; 04-27-12 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-27-12 | 04:14 AM
svofan1
Pole Position

I am looking at the window sticker and I do not have the confort package...I have premium package, backup camera,heate/ventilated seats,intuitive park assist,,wood/leather steering and **** ****,door edge guards,cargo mat,net,wheel locks and key glove...do not see HID anywhere....have any ideas?...ahh...and thanks for fixing my finger check
Old 04-27-12 | 08:20 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

svofan1, take a look at the pictures in this thread to check which headlights you have.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ifference.html

I would think most of the RXs around here are equipped with the comfort package which includes the HID headlights and heated/cooled seats. Not unless Lexus changed something.
Old 04-27-12 | 08:57 AM
kwbuggy
Driver

Default Great advice

Originally Posted by kitlz
svofan1, take a look at the pictures in this thread to check which headlights you have.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ifference.html

I would think most of the RXs around here are equipped with the comfort package which includes the HID headlights and heated/cooled seats. Not unless Lexus changed something.
Another good response by our forum moderator. I think it is great that we have people who are aware of all the previous posts and can direct new users to them. I guess it is too much to ask to get someone to consolidate all the posts that duplicate threads that already exist. I know it happens sometimes but there are still a lot of duplicated topics.
Old 04-27-12 | 01:00 PM
Shane7003
Driver School Candidate

I have the same package on mine and was disappointed in the light output after trading in my 2007 with HID's. I went with the Xenon kit and it works well for me.

Shane
Old 04-27-12 | 04:40 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by kwbuggy
Another good response by our forum moderator. I think it is great that we have people who are aware of all the previous posts and can direct new users to them. I guess it is too much to ask to get someone to consolidate all the posts that duplicate threads that already exist. I know it happens sometimes but there are still a lot of duplicated topics.
It's because some members don't use the search feature of the forum or even read the manual.
Old 04-27-12 | 06:33 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

My mistake, what I want is the Bi-Xenon lights...it shows how much I must learn about the Rx....and for some other comments, sorry my appologies...i will use the "search" feature in the future....
Old 04-27-12 | 08:01 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

svofan, no harm done. We were all newbies once

Not to add to your confusion, Lexus calls them bi-xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlights. Same difference. Is there a particular reason you ask? Some bulbs are pretty easy to change out. There is a DIY section in the manual that shows how. Bulb sizes are further back in the Specifications section. Hopefully that'll give you an idea.
Old 04-27-12 | 08:31 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

..thanks Anita....now I am really confused..before I was a little confused..so I thought...lol....do you mean that if I want to have the brightness of BI-Xenon lights all is needed is a different buset of bulbs?...as I said before in reading the window sticker nowhere it says that I have Bi-Xenon lights...I mine are not as bright as my Acura MDX 2011) so I am assuming that I have just regular bulbs (?)......when I see my son tomorrow I will try to get the clouds out of my head, if you know what I mean...lol....he has a 2012 Explorer and he just changed the headlights to...(I am afraid to say the wrong thing again) HID lights and they are brighter....
I will search this site tonight...thanks again....for your patience...
Old 04-28-12 | 07:30 AM
svofan1
Pole Position

..I GOT IT!!!! ...I have the standard halogen lights (the bottom sample in the thread)...I found that I need to buy a BI-Xenon kit and there are different outfits that sells the kits and even there are some video with instructions,,,,the set I like is $150...now I have to make the decision if I want to mess around with the electronics on a brand new car...and most important what is it worth to me....my exposure to elctronic "ghosts" etc....I will "sleep" on it and make a decision...in the mean time thank you all for your help and....patience...
Old 04-28-12 | 08:26 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

You can just put in a brighter halogen bulb. Go to a higher Kelvin rating like 5000k-6000k, any higher than that and you will start to loose visible light and they will go to the blue side. It's a cheaper fix and no messing with wires.
Old 04-28-12 | 11:39 AM
svofan1
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by MEP7557
You can just put in a brighter halogen bulb. Go to a higher Kelvin rating like 5000k-6000k, any higher than that and you will start to loose visible light and they will go to the blue side. It's a cheaper fix and no messing with wires.
...uhhhh!!!!!! ...I like that..smart person...tell me more please THAT will make feel much better since I do not have to fool around with originality (I am that kind of guy...lol)...

Is that something that you did?...can you offer where to buy and exactly what to look for?....please let your "light" (no pun intended) guide me....<S>
Old 04-28-12 | 04:51 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Philips has some good halogen bulbs. I have these in my fog lights right now. They're brighter than the OE bulb but not enough to compromise light output. I've been pretty happy with them.
Old 04-28-12 | 05:06 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Anita you mentioned your fog lights, am I to assume that you have BI-Xenon on your 450h thus not needing them on the headlights...
How abou extra heat emanating from the different bulbs?....

Quick Reply: ...Headlights on the 2012 RX 350....