RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010 RX350 worst quality than previous generation.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-12, 11:37 AM
Quatro40
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LexRexBlue, I made the appointment at warnock for tnext week to take a look at the car if I don't get out of it today. Going on my second trip to the dealership now for the day. The first one this morning my certification papers weren't available yet and was fed some bs about waiting for lexus to assing a number which is completely false. Then took a trip to the service dpt to talk to the service tech to give me the papers from yesterday and guess who is sitting there with him scratching all the findings over with a pen, the sales manager. I just took what they gave and called corporate and reported what happened.

Going back there to talk to the General Manager now. They also made a whole on the drivers side door panel.
Old 05-18-12, 01:20 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Francisco
When you hang around these boards as long as many of us have, You see a lot of good and a little of bad. This is probably the worst of the bad I've seen yet (based on what you've said) of a dealers obligation to his customer. I'm so sorry, I find it hard to believe they are this callous.

For a dealer, this board is kind of like someone on Facebook writing a good or bad testimony. Maybe you should get the email addy for their Gen Manager and shoot him a link to the thread as well as a link to Corporate. Then they'd start sweating . I betcha Lexus Corp would go out of their way in getting this resolved and you satisfied. Just sayin.... Maybe its time to take off the gloves.
Originally Posted by Quatro40
LexRexBlue, I made the appointment at warnock for tnext week to take a look at the car if I don't get out of it today. Going on my second trip to the dealership now for the day. The first one this morning my certification papers weren't available yet and was fed some bs about waiting for lexus to assing a number which is completely false. Then took a trip to the service dpt to talk to the service tech to give me the papers from yesterday and guess who is sitting there with him scratching all the findings over with a pen, the sales manager. I just took what they gave and called corporate and reported what happened.

Going back there to talk to the General Manager now. They also made a whole on the drivers side door panel.
Old 05-18-12, 01:34 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Quatro40, good luck at Tri-County and with Lexus. Keep us posted. BTW, the service manager at Lexus of Route 10 (Warnock), George, used to be the service manager at my dealer in Bridgewater. Good guy.
Old 05-18-12, 01:57 PM
sightdev
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

CPO or not it's still used. this means it could have repaired history. advice, take it to a reputable bodyshop and ask them if they can find any repair. if repair is discover, you should ask the dealer for replacement.
Old 05-18-12, 05:03 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck. Through the years I've always been happy with the integrity of my Lexus dealer. In the end its more important than a few dollars. It evens out in the end. I've had issues with TriCounty practices and actually complained to Lexus about them, even though I've never purchased or serviced a car there.
Old 05-18-12, 07:23 PM
Quatro40
Rookie

Status update kind of positive but nothing resolved still, as I said I went back and went directly to talk to the General Sales Manager Bryan Mendelson, who told me had just read my review on dealerratr.come and was going to put an end to my ordeal today. He instructed the sales manager to null and void my previous deal and give me the same kind of deal on whatever RX I pick from them.

After finally settling down for a silver one that was in completely perfect shape and same sticker price as the RX I picked out previously 37,995 which they lowered it to 34,995 they used sales manager told me that he can't lower the price and that I have basically to pay the sticker price plus the certification.

So I took the carfax and went back to talk to the General Store Manager but he was gone, thanks God he left instructions to save a loaner for me in case the car I pick woudn't be preped and because he didn't want me to drive the RX I bought. So I came back home with a brandnew RX Hybrid until Monday. I truly hope on Monday I am able to solve this soap opera at Tri Country Lexus.
Old 05-18-12, 09:20 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck. I'm glad they made an effort to correct the mess. Its also bad PR for them to have all this online.Let us know what happens.
Old 05-19-12, 05:09 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Quatro40, I'm glad to hear the end is near. After you pick up your new RX next week, you can say adios to Tri-County and find a dealer that treats you with respect. It's the main reason I drive 30 miles out of my way. Northern NJ dealers leave a lot to be desired IMO.

In the meantime enjoy the 450h.
Old 05-25-12, 08:03 PM
Quatro40
Rookie

Status update guys.

I finally drove off with another 2010 RX starfire pearl with 26,000 miles parchment leather, navi. So my bad experience with Tri County Lexus is over and they made me a happy customer again. Thank you guys/gals for all the imput.
Old 05-25-12, 08:33 PM
garfull
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had nothing but problems with my 10 rx. Although it hasn't been any serious issues it's still not up to lexus quality. I've had the front seats replaced, currently have it at the dealer now to have the rear seats replaced all for rattles after their second attempt to fix failed. The front bumper has had to be refitted twice. Rear shocks replaced as well as the rear trailing arms for suspension squeaks. Sunroof realigned twice for squeaks. When I get the car back I'm going to put it up for sale or trade it in. With that said I'm still going to buy Lexus and Toyota's because I used to work for them and still believe they makes the best vehicles in the world. I just so happen to be unlucky enough to have this lemon.
Old 05-26-12, 03:52 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Quatro, that's great news. Enjoy your RX.
Old 05-26-12, 11:57 AM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by garfull
I've had nothing but problems with my 10 rx. Although it hasn't been any serious issues it's still not up to lexus quality. I've had the front seats replaced, currently have it at the dealer now to have the rear seats replaced all for rattles after their second attempt to fix failed. The front bumper has had to be refitted twice. Rear shocks replaced as well as the rear trailing arms for suspension squeaks. Sunroof realigned twice for squeaks. When I get the car back I'm going to put it up for sale or trade it in. With that said I'm still going to buy Lexus and Toyota's because I used to work for them and still believe they makes the best vehicles in the world. I just so happen to be unlucky enough to have this lemon.
How does the old saying go?

" Never buy the first year a new car comes out "

Just take a look at the forums for the 4th Generation GS that just came out 60 days ago.