RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-12, 07:08 PM
dapriett
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use carsdirect.com usually to get my target prices. I like to work strictly over email (although the sales people get annoyed by this), and with a bunch of dealers (I worked with 4 different dealerships in my area). I show them the target price, telling them I won't buy one unless they meet or beat it, then once I get their price I send it off to the other dealerships. I continue this back and forth until one of them wins out.

The first salesman I work with thought the target price from carsdirect was outrageous, and offered my new RX350 at $200 over invoice, which he claimed is the best they could offer. After playing my game back and forth, that same dealer gave me my end sale price, which was $1450 BELOW invoice, and also $100 less then the target price from carsdirect.

So be patient, and work with more then one dealer - it'll pay off. Never trust their first offer...
Old 10-12-12, 07:16 AM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

Default 2013 RX350 AWD Purchase/Lease Questions

Hi Everyone,

My sister is trading in her 2009 RX350 AWD for a 2013 RX350 AWD. She wants black/black with the $7,205 Navigation System with Backup Camera Package with Additional Options package. The MSRP comes in right around $49,100. I live in Massachusetts Boston area if that's any help.

Can you guys give me an idea of what I can buy this car for? I want to go tomorrow and finalize the deal.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-12-12, 09:52 AM
cubu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fwiw, we just purchased an rx350 f-sport with options. MSRP ~52k, we paid ~52k otd. we paid roughly invoice.

for $49K msrp. $48k otd sounds very fair
Old 10-12-12, 09:54 AM
mac12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chekmi21
Hi Everyone,

My sister is trading in her 2009 RX350 AWD for a 2013 RX350 AWD. She wants black/black with the $7,205 Navigation System with Backup Camera Package with Additional Options package. The MSRP comes in right around $49,100. I live in Massachusetts Boston area if that's any help.

Can you guys give me an idea of what I can buy this car for? I want to go tomorrow and finalize the deal.

Thanks in advance!
My 2013 FWD RX350 had a $49,180 MSRP and they came down to $44,900. I got this price before I told them I had a trade.
Old 10-12-12, 10:34 AM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

Sweet, thanks for the info guys!!!
Old 10-12-12, 03:49 PM
Timein
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the process of negotiating by phone with several dealers who are about 100 miles away from me. Before I drive to the dealership I want to pin everything down by phone and email. I want to get a copy of the sheet with all the info about the actual care I will buy, including the actual vin number. What do the dealers call that sheet so I know what to ask for?

I'm looking for 9% off the MSRP and don't want to buy anything else, no paint protection, no extended service contract, no tint, etc. I want the OTD price which would be MSRP less 9% plus tax,tag, and title fees- NO closing or prep fees. My question is do you think they will send me this information via email and honor it when I get there?

The only thing I want to do at the dealership is pay them and pick up the car. Has anyone done this and did it work out.

Thanks, Steve
Old 10-12-12, 04:18 PM
saz25
Rookie

Originally Posted by Timein
I'm in the process of negotiating by phone with several dealers who are about 100 miles away from me. Before I drive to the dealership I want to pin everything down by phone and email. I want to get a copy of the sheet with all the info about the actual care I will buy, including the actual vin number. What do the dealers call that sheet so I know what to ask for?

I'm looking for 9% off the MSRP and don't want to buy anything else, no paint protection, no extended service contract, no tint, etc. I want the OTD price which would be MSRP less 9% plus tax,tag, and title fees- NO closing or prep fees. My question is do you think they will send me this information via email and honor it when I get there?

The only thing I want to do at the dealership is pay them and pick up the car. Has anyone done this and did it work out.

Thanks, Steve
First of all, don't stop at 9% off MSRP. Many people, myself included, have gotten upwards of 10% off.

Also instead of giving them a percentage, tell them what you are looking for car plus options. Then calculate a price and say I am willing to pay $X.

Good luck.
Old 10-14-12, 08:26 AM
Task
Driver School Candidate

This is a great thread. I originally thought this thread was for the RX350 only but have found it contains details for both models. By using this thread I've already found one dealer willing to discount a 2013 RX450 for $1000 under invoice.
Old 10-14-12, 08:31 AM
saz25
Rookie

Originally Posted by Timein

Thanks, Steve
Yes, I was able to negotiate the entire deal on the phone. It was about 3-4 phone calls back and forth, as they needed to check with their manager, since the price I wanted to pay was significantly less than the sales rep could agree to on his own.

My best suggestion is to get the person's name who you negotiate on the phone. It may or may not be the same person you work with at the dealership.
Steve
Old 10-14-12, 08:34 AM
saz25
Rookie

Originally Posted by Task
This is a great thread. I originally thought this thread was for the RX350 only but have found it contains details for both models. By using this thread I've already found one dealer willing to discount a 2013 RX450 for $1000 under invoice.
Make sure there are no extra fees like Doc fees. Many times they agree to a "low" price, then add a Doc fee which could be upwards of $500.

Glad we could be of help.
Steve
Old 10-14-12, 02:44 PM
LextacyGS4
Lead Lap

got mine $2300 under invoice
Old 10-14-12, 02:53 PM
Timein
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LextacyGS4
got mine $2300 under invoice
Since we may have different invoice numbers - what was the MSRP and what did you pay OTD not including TTL.
Old 10-14-12, 03:14 PM
Rxhopeful
Rookie

Originally Posted by mac12
I just bought a 2013 RX350 from Sewell in Dallas and thought I got a good deal. The msrp was 49,180 and I got it for 44,900. They also tinted windows and added body side mouldings. That's about 9% off of MSRP.
Hi,Mac12,

I'm in Dallas too, and have gone to Sewell Lexus for an initial test drive. They have excellent customer service from what I hear from friends, and it's good to know that they are willing to offer good deals. Did you negotiate things like floor mats, wheel locks, luggage racks, etc in the price as well?
Old 10-14-12, 03:50 PM
mac12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rxhopeful
Hi,Mac12,

I'm in Dallas too, and have gone to Sewell Lexus for an initial test drive. They have excellent customer service from what I hear from friends, and it's good to know that they are willing to offer good deals. Did you negotiate things like floor mats, wheel locks, luggage racks, etc in the price as well?
Dawn P. on the Internet team and I e-mailed each other for about a week or two trying to pin down a price. She quoted one price and I offered another with Michelin tires, body side mouldings, and tinted windows. She agreed and I went after the car on a weekend. It's a very sweet ride.
Old 10-15-12, 04:30 AM
dapriett
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Chekmi21
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Check out my previous post - sounds like you're getting exactly what I bought. I paid $44,950 - so I would target around there. If you have a Carmax nearby, compare your trade-in there first.

This site seems to be pretty accurate in predicting prices you can get in your area www.carsdirect.com. I usually just use it to get the target price - I skip the garbage at the end to have them find you a dealer...

Last edited by dapriett; 10-15-12 at 04:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??