RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-12, 07:21 PM
saz25
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wilchan
Thanks folks. Just contacted Putnam Lexus (Redwood City) and looks like 10% off MSRP for F-Sport is doable. I will contact other dealers to see if I can get better deal.

BTW, what is doc fee and how much is it usually?
Doc fee is Documentation Fee usually $300-$700.

Just refuse to pay it or insist that they reduce the agreed upon price accordingly.

Since you now have a firm price, now ask another dealer to beat it by substantial amount in order to earn your business.

I love car negotiating. Good luck
Steve
Old 11-07-12, 06:46 PM
wilchan
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi folks, looks like I can get a deal from Putnam on RX F Sport. It is close to 11% off MSRP. They have VIN. The dilemma is they need to trade it from another dealer that is 80 miles away. Should I worry that whoever drives the car over to dealer will abuse the car? or I just worry too much?

In the past, the new car I bought all only have 7 or 9 miles on the odometer. Any thought?
Old 11-07-12, 08:15 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Hi folks, looks like I can get a deal from Putnam on RX F Sport. It is close to 11% off MSRP. They have VIN. The dilemma is they need to trade it from another dealer that is 80 miles away. Should I worry that whoever drives the car over to dealer will abuse the car? or I just worry too much?

In the past, the new car I bought all only have 7 or 9 miles on the odometer. Any thought?
Great deal on the car! 11% off on the Sport is a nice deal for you. And yes you do worry too much. However, you can request them to flat bed it over. They should be able to do this for you.

Also, post up who gave you the great price and their phone number. Other members may be in the area and can go through them too. A win for the CL members and sales for the person at Putman. Everyone wins. Gotta love CL!
Old 11-08-12, 04:15 PM
wilchan
Pit Crew

Thanks folks, let me make sure she can really deliver what I want without hidden agenda. Once I get the deal closed successfully or deal falls apart, I will post her contact up with positive or negative feedback. Stay tuned.
Old 11-09-12, 11:42 PM
Task
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ln3ms
We picked our RX 450h from Pleasanton CA last Thursday. Don't know the difference in discount for the RX350 F-Sport but we did get 10% off.
ln3ms, would you mind sending me a private message on the deal and the person you worked with at the Pleasanton dealer? They aren't too far from me and I'm also looking at the 450h.
Old 11-10-12, 08:29 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember it is "DECMBR2REMBR" coming soon; my dealer had this paper plate on all his showroom cars including the LFA!!
Old 11-10-12, 06:31 PM
Task
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dctex99
Remember it is "DECMBR2REMBR" coming soon; my dealer had this paper plate on all his showroom cars including the LFA!!
What have the December to Remember offer been typically like?
Old 11-10-12, 07:02 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Task
What have the December to Remember offer been typically like?
NO set discounts; just the last month of the year; time to outdo other dealers and fight for every sale as so many feel guilty buying vehicles and feel they have to spend all the money on the kids and the wife!!! My dealer is the largest in the WEST and would have been largest in the UNITED STATES if a dealer in Florida had not been practically giving Lexus away!!(his words) I think he said they beat them by less than 100 vehicles for the year!! In May their goal was 250 new Lexus; they sold 262; they are being very aggressive!! They get what I call the "Home Improvement" bonus PLUS the holdback haviing a multi million dollar facility!!!
Old 11-10-12, 11:01 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Hey dctex,

Which dealer are you referring to in CA?
Old 11-10-12, 11:21 PM
wilchan
Pit Crew

Hi folks, I am happy to report that I am now a 2013 RX AWD owner I bought the RX AWD from Putnam Lexus, Redwood City, CA. Jennifer Bliss is great, very patient and helpful.

http://www.putnamlexus.com/MeetOurDepartments

They offered me close to ~10.9% off MSRP ( ~$2,000 off invoice.)

Originally I was about to purchase Starfire Pearl F Sport with close to 10.8% off MSRP. Jennifer got me one from another dealership and she sent flat-bed truck to bring the car over. Then I test drove again and found the ride is really harsh on the bumpy road in Redwood City. We didn't experience that kind of harshness when I test drove F Sport in Pleasanton. Perhaps roads are more well paved and smoother in Pleasanton side. This kind of ride is a big no no for my wife.

Then Jennifer and her manager Mark offered me to try out the RX FWD and AWD. At the end they found me a AWD with silver exterior with black/sandle leather interior with all the options I want. After a long discussion with my wife and we decided to go for regular RX AWD instead of F Sport.

What a long day at dealership, but we finally got our new car home. One happy camper.

I would highly recommend Putnam Lexus and do check with Jennifer Bliss.

Cheers,

-- william

Last edited by wilchan; 11-11-12 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-11-12, 12:42 AM
SleepKing
Driver School Candidate

Hi folks, I am happy to report that I am now a 2013 RX AWD owner I bought the RX AWD from Putnam Lexus, Redwood City, CA. Jennifer Bliss is great, very patient and helpful.

http://www.putnamlexus.com/MeetOurDepartments

They offered me close to ~10.9% off MSRP and ~$2,000 off invoice.

Originally I was about to purchase Starfire Pearl F Sport with close to 10.8% off MSRP. Jennifer got me one from another dealership and she sent flat-bed truck to bring the car over. Then I test drove again and found the ride is really harsh on the bumpy road in Redwood City. We didn't experience that kind of harshness when I test drove F Sport in Pleasanton. Perhaps roads are more well paved and smoother in Pleasanton side. This kind of ride is a big no no for my wife.

Then Jennifer and her manager Mark offered me to try out the RX FWD and AWD. At the end they found me a AWD with silver exterior with black/sandle leather interior with all the options I want. After a long discussion with my wife and we decided to go for regular RX AWD instead of F Sport.

What a long day at dealership, but we finally got our new car home. One happy camper.

I would highly recommend Putnam Lexus and do check with Jennifer Bliss.

Cheers,

-- william
By chance, were you the person I talked to today in the service area? I was the guy in the green flannel. If so, it was nice talking to you and congrats! I really love the black/saddle interior color and wish it was available with combination we were looking for.

I'm also proud to announce my first post at Club Lexus, and my new 2013 RX350 F-Sport in Starfire Pearl!

In the beginning, what we were specifically looking for was an AWD + F-Sport Appearance Package + Black/Saddle interior. However it turns out that the Appearance Package is only available in FWD. Major bummer. Then we took a walk out to their showroom floor again and got to take a look at the Starfire Pearl F-Sport that was just sold to someone else. Needless to say, we fell in love with the more aggressive front end, and the all black interior was a-ok with me.

I would highly recommend going to Anthony Huynh at Putnam Lexus. He got my girlfriend and I roughly 11% off MSRP + $70 gift certificate (which we used for a cargo tray) + a Remote Starter for a good price. Real easy to deal with and he is definitely an honest salesman. We made our final decision last night with him right before closing, and he managed to get the car flat-bedded from Sacramento the very next morning!

Feel free to ask about anything from my buying experience. I'm here to help!
Old 11-11-12, 06:48 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Scott1258
Hey dctex,

Which dealer are you referring to in CA?
Longo Lexus in El Monte; on Peck Road; owned by Roger Penske....Great Dealer
Old 11-11-12, 08:46 AM
wilchan
Pit Crew

Hello SleepKing, ya ya that was me!!!! What a coincidence!! Congrats on your new F Sport. 11% off MSRP is a great price.

I think that sold-to-someone-already Starfire Pearl F Sport was originally sold to me Jennifer flat bed-ed it from Fremont Lexus I think. It only had 5 miles on ODO. What a service. I really like the look of F Sport, very mean front grille , alumium pedals, paddle shifter and 2 more hwy mpg.. It is a real bummer that the ride feel kill off the deal. Luckily they found a AWD with the exterior color that my wife likes and the interior combination that I like and of course all the options I want.

Looks like Putnam Lexus is highly recommended.

Originally Posted by SleepKing
By chance, were you the person I talked to today in the service area? I was the guy in the green flannel. If so, it was nice talking to you and congrats! I really love the black/saddle interior color and wish it was available with combination we were looking for.

I'm also proud to announce my first post at Club Lexus, and my new 2013 RX350 F-Sport in Starfire Pearl!

In the beginning, what we were specifically looking for was an AWD + F-Sport Appearance Package + Black/Saddle interior. However it turns out that the Appearance Package is only available in FWD. Major bummer. Then we took a walk out to their showroom floor again and got to take a look at the Starfire Pearl F-Sport that was just sold to someone else. Needless to say, we fell in love with the more aggressive front end, and the all black interior was a-ok with me.

I would highly recommend going to Anthony Huynh at Putnam Lexus. He got my girlfriend and I roughly 11% off MSRP + $70 gift certificate (which we used for a cargo tray) + a Remote Starter for a good price. Real easy to deal with and he is definitely an honest salesman. We made our final decision last night with him right before closing, and he managed to get the car flat-bedded from Sacramento the very next morning!

Feel free to ask about anything from my buying experience. I'm here to help!

Last edited by wilchan; 11-11-12 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-12-12, 05:09 PM
AndyS
Driver School Candidate

Default Oops and Hmm

Hello,

Not looking to sell anything but rather ask folks for contact names so that I could purchase a new 2013 RX 350. Then I would not only be able to contribute based on real experience but also help others. Nothing intended other than that. Your forum is such a great asset. Used the same type forum for our Acura MDX and tried to always participate constructively there

Regards,

Andy
Old 11-14-12, 05:50 PM
minirad
Driver School Candidate

If anyone is shopping for an RX in South FL, stop in and see Michele Alter at Lexus Pembroke Pines. She's a straight shooter and was up front and aggressive with pricing.. No games

Quick Reply: Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??