RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-13, 09:25 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jcoe
All this information about bargaining with competitive dealers in cosmopolitan areas is interesting but what do you do when you are a buyer in Montana and the closest dealers are in WA. 200 to 500 miles away?
Anyone with experience/information/good results when bargaining with distant lexus dealers in the NW specifically in WA?
Yes, you noticed; no Lexus dealers in MT, ND, SD or WY....so good luck getting warranty; check out what you buy first wherever you buy;;;;I grew up there; only good thing are my oil wells in the Bakken!!!!!I grew up in a small town and our banker had a Mercedes; most didn't even know what it was except car guys like me; he had to drive 300 miles to Billings to find anyone with Metric tools even in the 70's........
Old 04-16-13, 07:08 AM
Lancairav8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Denver, Co - List 51,179 discount 2,552 = adj sale price 48,627. They got it all back with tinted windows, Luxcare, and clear bra. Then add additional dealer prep (495), Tax and fees and the out the door price is 54,136.93.

Happy with the price. Don't really like "negotiating"....plus it's a birthday gift for my wife.

I asked about mus flaps and they actually laughed at me. Oh well. they sell them on multiple websites and I think they look good so I'll do them myself
Old 04-16-13, 09:36 AM
crzyis
Driver

Paid 47k for an 52,174 MSRP F-Sport.
Old 04-16-13, 10:06 AM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Mud Flaps

I asked about mus flaps and they actually laughed at me. Oh well. they sell them on multiple websites and I think they look good so I'll do them myself

I purchased the mud flaps for my '13 RX from Sewell Lexus in Dallas. They shipped them quickly and they were extremely easy to install. Make sure you download the instructions from their web site, however.
Old 04-16-13, 11:15 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crzyis
Paid 47k for an 52,174 MSRP F-Sport.
Awesome deal!!!
Old 04-17-13, 10:16 AM
seanlin
Rookie

Default Discount for 2013 RX 450H AWD

2013 model has been out for sometime and 2014 should be available soon.
What is discount most of you getting for a 2013 RX 450H AWD?

Thanks
Old 04-17-13, 02:58 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

The best of the Discount I see people reported here is around 5500 Plus 1000 Rebate = 6500.

Don't keep your hope up, as the 2014 is nowhere to be seen, or any news about it.

Even if the 2014 is on the Lot, these 2013 will not have more discount than that. Maybe 1000 more. Because any lower and you are looking into a CPO price.

Finally, it is not easy to negotiate for that Stated above deal. It is possible, yes, but Easy ? No.....

Please refer to this thread for more info

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...a-2013-rx.html

Last edited by Whitigir; 04-17-13 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-17-13, 03:47 PM
seanlin
Rookie

Thanks for the info.

$5500 off MSRP sounds a great deal.

The lowest dealer offering me is $5000 off MSRP but the car already have 200 miles on it (not a demo).

Shall I consider it? Or 209 miles on the car should be a big NO NO?

Thanks
Old 04-17-13, 05:48 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
The best of the Discount I see people reported here is around 5500 Plus 1000 Rebate = 6500.

Don't keep your hope up, as the 2014 is nowhere to be seen, or any news about it.

Even if the 2014 is on the Lot, these 2013 will not have more discount than that. Maybe 1000 more. Because any lower and you are looking into a CPO price.

Finally, it is not easy to negotiate for that Stated above deal. It is possible, yes, but Easy ? No.....

Please refer to this thread for more info

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...a-2013-rx.html
The RX350 can see bigger discounts than the 450h I am pretty sure. As has been said over & over review the pricing thread & email several dealers for their best prices. 10-15% off is very doable with the loyalty 1k+ finance 1k rebates. Good Luck !
Old 04-17-13, 07:15 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Seanlin, if that is 5000 before 1000 rebate, then i say go for it. But the car has 200 miles on it, i would take that as a stand point to negotiate another 1000 off. I never touch any car which has more than 100 and consider it a new car. ****** as an experienced buyer, i would say a demo, or a car with 200+ miles on it = very hard to move out of the lot, unless a newb buy it out of impulse*****

For 5000 before rebate, go for it, but go for a car which has only a few milages on it.

@dotbowels. The Loyalty, and the Finance rebate are both the same, you can not combine the two. The only different is that the loyal rebate = you can finance with your credit union, and the Finance rebate is for people who never purchased a new lexus before, and have to finance through Lexus. That s what i got from the dealer.

I also do not think a 10-15% discount is doable. As i said, and also just bought my RX. You are really pushing it to have had 10-12% discount. Normally, if you work hard, you can have 8% off MSRP before rebate.
Old 04-17-13, 07:32 PM
seanlin
Rookie

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Seanlin, if that is 5000 before 1000 rebate, then i say go for it. But the car has 200 miles on it, i would take that as a stand point to negotiate another 1000 off. I never touch any car which has more than 100 and consider it a new car. ****** as an experienced buyer, i would say a demo, or a car with 200+ miles on it = very hard to move out of the lot, unless a newb buy it out of impulse*****

For 5000 before rebate, go for it, but go for a car which has only a few milages on it.

@dotbowels. The Loyalty, and the Finance rebate are both the same, you can not combine the two. The only different is that the loyal rebate = you can finance with your credit union, and the Finance rebate is for people who never purchased a new lexus before, and have to finance through Lexus. That s what i got from the dealer.

I also do not think a 10-15% discount is doable. As i said, and also just bought my RX. You are really pushing it to have had 10-12% discount. Normally, if you work hard, you can have 8% off MSRP before rebate.
$5000 off is before $1000 rebate. But i think 209 miles is sort of high for unknown. Assume it was used for test drive... that would be a lot of hands touched the steering wheels already.... >_<

I am in SF bay area, the best price I found for 450h AWD is $4000 off MSRP (before $1000 rebate) so far.

I like RX350, but due to too much stop and go traffic jam here in bay area. Hybrid will probably help with some MPG and it is also really cool feature to have.
Old 04-17-13, 09:58 PM
moh1976
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
Planning to buy the RX350 and getting the following deal. Please suggest if this looks a good deal?
MSRP: $48330
After negotiations: Getting OOD: $48668 including tax (8.9%), title, dealer doc etc.
Old 04-17-13, 11:55 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by seanlin
Thanks for the info.

$5500 off MSRP sounds a great deal.

The lowest dealer offering me is $5000 off MSRP but the car already have 200 miles on it (not a demo).

Shall I consider it? Or 209 miles on the car should be a big NO NO?

Thanks
You might want to check when the dealer took delivery of the car. For example, if for some reason it has been sitting on his lot for months that would be a bigger concern than if it arrived last week and has 200 miles. Most new Lexus 450h's have some miles on them ... it is part of the delivery / prep process and they put a full tank of fuel in the car. These miles might add up to 9 to 15 miles. Anything over, say 30, means you have to look the car over carefully to make sure there is no minor damage that you would not want to accept.

$5,000 off MSRP seems like an OK / good deal. The deals people get vary during the year and depend on what Lexus is offering. December is a big month for discounts, for example. Model year closeouts can mean good discounts. Loyalty cash, financing incentives, competitive luxury incentives come and go. A top deal on a 450h in CA may be about $6,500 off if all of the planets in the solar system align correctly on a given day. Is that day this week or this month, I don't know ... are you the person to negotiate it, another unknown ... it's all part of the process. Repeat Lexus buyers get a feel for this process and time their purchases ... usually when their normal Lexus sale rep calls them to say we are ready to accept your deal. My sales rep lets me know via email as the deals ebb and flow through the year. For example, I just pulled up an email that Pleasanton Lexus sent me last November 27 about a four day sale. The 450h was $5,000+ off MSRP plus they were offering $1,000 in loyalty cash because I own two Lexus vehicles. So at least on that day, I could have gotten $6,000+ off ... today maybe not. The important thing is to not worry so much about squeezing the last $500 out of the purchase, but to have a reasonable experience. If you want to see if $5000 off is a good deal, offer several dealers $6,000 off and see where they come in over a period of a week or two ... just make sure that period coincides with the end of the calendar month. Just be ready to buy the car with one hours notice ... great deals often do not have open ended options.

Since you are in the SF Bay Area, have you tried Magnessun's in Fremont and Pleasanton Lexus in Pleasanton? I have gotten very nice deals from both of these dealerships. Good luck.

Another approach see if anyone has any extra cars in inventory:

https://www.google.com/cars/?s=1&kw=...nid=1326253171

If this is correct above, supply seems limited ... not a good sign for a BIG discount.

Last edited by UCSB; 04-18-13 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-18-13, 05:06 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

I purchased my car with 30 miles on it. Came accross many other with 4 miles, 7 miles, 11 miles on it, even with plastic wraps everywhere. Delivery only take up to 25 miles, unless test drove or someone drove it there. To me it is unacceptable as a lexus take a street delivery, it could be flatbed on a truck.

Anything more than 100 mile = not a brand new car

@moh 1976. OOD price should be less than MSRP. Atleast 700 off for a good deal. I have seen 1500 off MSRP for out the door price.
Old 04-18-13, 08:22 AM
seanlin
Rookie

Originally Posted by UCSB
You might want to check when the dealer took delivery of the car. For example, if for some reason it has been sitting on his lot for months that would be a bigger concern than if it arrived last week and has 200 miles. Most new Lexus 450h's have some miles on them ... it is part of the delivery / prep process and they put a full tank of fuel in the car. These miles might add up to 9 to 15 miles. Anything over, say 30, means you have to look the car over carefully to make sure there is no minor damage that you would not want to accept.

$5,000 off MSRP seems like an OK / good deal. The deals people get vary during the year and depend on what Lexus is offering. December is a big month for discounts, for example. Model year closeouts can mean good discounts. Loyalty cash, financing incentives, competitive luxury incentives come and go. A top deal on a 450h in CA may be about $6,500 off if all of the planets in the solar system align correctly on a given day. Is that day this week or this month, I don't know ... are you the person to negotiate it, another unknown ... it's all part of the process. Repeat Lexus buyers get a feel for this process and time their purchases ... usually when their normal Lexus sale rep calls them to say we are ready to accept your deal. My sales rep lets me know via email as the deals ebb and flow through the year. For example, I just pulled up an email that Pleasanton Lexus sent me last November 27 about a four day sale. The 450h was $5,000+ off MSRP plus they were offering $1,000 in loyalty cash because I own two Lexus vehicles. So at least on that day, I could have gotten $6,000+ off ... today maybe not. The important thing is to not worry so much about squeezing the last $500 out of the purchase, but to have a reasonable experience. If you want to see if $5000 off is a good deal, offer several dealers $6,000 off and see where they come in over a period of a week or two ... just make sure that period coincides with the end of the calendar month. Just be ready to buy the car with one hours notice ... great deals often do not have open ended options.

Since you are in the SF Bay Area, have you tried Magnessun's in Fremont and Pleasanton Lexus in Pleasanton? I have gotten very nice deals from both of these dealerships. Good luck.

Another approach see if anyone has any extra cars in inventory:

https://www.google.com/cars/?s=1&kw=...nid=1326253171

If this is correct above, supply seems limited ... not a good sign for a BIG discount.
Thanks for all the information. It helps.

Currently, I am working with Lexus of Stevens Creek. The sales rep just happen to be much nicer.

Thanks for the google link for the dealer inventory. I was looking for it but wasn't able to find.

Quick Reply: Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??