RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-12, 05:58 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by pursueperf
Just picked up the 2013 AWD RX 350
MSRP $49,609
Paid $44,500 + ttl
This is GREAT deal, roughly 10% OFF of MSRP. Is this below invoice? I heard that all NEW Lexus carry a 3-6% differences between invoice and MSRP.
Old 08-01-12, 06:57 AM
pursueperf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
Only one is needed. Did you test drive FWD and AWD before you decided? If you did do you notice AWD feel much slower or just a bit slower? I wonder if they're going to make f-sport AWD too or just FWD?
No-just tested the AWD as it was all I wanted....I take frequent trips to Tahoe in the winter so it was a necessity.
Old 08-01-12, 07:05 AM
pursueperf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
This is GREAT deal, roughly 10% OFF of MSRP. Is this below invoice? I heard that all NEW Lexus carry a 3-6% differences between invoice and MSRP.
I was very happy with the price too Invoice was $46,837. Most dealers I spoke with were willing to go just shy of invoice at $46,800 but I knew there was some motivation to close a deal much lower on the last day of the month.
Old 08-01-12, 08:32 AM
yipster222
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked a 2013 Semi Loaded MSRP 50,319 OTD 50,250
in So. Cal. I believe it is about $1250 under invoice.
Old 08-01-12, 10:24 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yipster222
Picked a 2013 Semi Loaded MSRP 50,319 OTD 50,250
in So. Cal. I believe it is about $1250 under invoice.
What dealer in so.cal? When I went to Tustin last 2 days the dealer have no idea on what they have in stock or care to sell any. Also they have no idea what rx f-sport means.... i guess they are either newbies or met their quotas for the month...
Old 08-01-12, 10:56 AM
freddy2020
Rookie

Only one is needed. Did you test drive FWD and AWD before you decided? If you did do you notice AWD feel much slower or just a bit slower? I wonder if they're going to make f-sport AWD too or just FWD?
I believe all the f-sports (8 speed trans) are all AWD.
Old 08-01-12, 11:35 AM
mac12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pursueperf
Just picked up the 2013 AWD RX 350
Starfire Pearl with Saddle Tan interior
Navigation Package
Premium Package
Park Assist
19" Alloys
Wheel locks
Cargo mat
Cargo Net
Heated and Ventilated front Seats
Wood and leather trimmed steering wheel and shift ****
Cross Bars
Towing Prep Package

MSRP $49,609
Paid $44,500 + ttl at Northern Ca/Bay Area dealer. Many of the area dealers we spoke with were motivated at month end but only one would go this low.
You got a really great deal. I'm envious.
Old 08-01-12, 11:44 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by freddy2020
I believe all the f-sports (8 speed trans) are all AWD.
ok, thanks. If that's the case then it saved me one less headache on making the decision or finding the availability of vehicle.

Don't you think with 8 gears will get better gas mileage? Seems like 25 mpg for hwy kinda low...

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...+auto+show.htm
"The RX 350 F SPORT’s eight-speed automatic transmission has paddle shifters as standard equipment. It yields quick shifting response with help from miniature high-flow linear solenoids that allow more precise clutch operation. The torque converter uses a low-speed lockup damper to enable lock-up from first to eighth gear to help improve the fuel economy.

The RX 350 F SPORT model features an electronically controlled Active Torque Control AWD system. Active Torque Control AWD uses an electronically controlled coupling ahead of the rear differential to vary torque distribution anywhere from 100:0 to 50:50 front to rear, depending on driving dynamics and road conditions. When accelerating, or starting off on a low-grip surface, torque is quickly provided to all four wheels. At steady speeds, torque is sent only to the front wheels, enhancing fuel efficiency. The model is expected to earn EPA ratings of 19 mpg city, 25 mpg highway, 21 mpg combined."
Old 08-01-12, 11:48 AM
freddy2020
Rookie

ok, thanks. If that's the case then it saved me one less headache on making the decision or finding the availability of vehicle.

Don't you think with 8 gears will get better gas mileage? Seems like 25 mpg for hwy kinda low...

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...+auto+show.htm
"The RX 350 F SPORT’s eight-speed automatic transmission has paddle shifters as standard equipment. It yields quick shifting response with help from miniature high-flow linear solenoids that allow more precise clutch operation. The torque converter uses a low-speed lockup damper to enable lock-up from first to eighth gear to help improve the fuel economy.

The RX 350 F SPORT model features an electronically controlled Active Torque Control AWD system. Active Torque Control AWD uses an electronically controlled coupling ahead of the rear differential to vary torque distribution anywhere from 100:0 to 50:50 front to rear, depending on driving dynamics and road conditions. When accelerating, or starting off on a low-grip surface, torque is quickly provided to all four wheels. At steady speeds, torque is sent only to the front wheels, enhancing fuel efficiency. The model is expected to earn EPA ratings of 19 mpg city, 25 mpg highway, 21 mpg combined."
From my understanding the 8 gears will give the exact same mileage (almost) as the 2WD RX but for AWD, so the mileage should be better than a 6 speed AWD model.
Old 08-01-12, 01:12 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

make better sense... thanks!
Old 08-02-12, 08:33 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Went to local Lexus dealer last night and they said the RX F-Sport is pending Customs/delivering to them in few days.

This particular dealer has 4 coming.... price will be 52k fully loaded.

Also, they are telling that this new RX will only need 87 gas? Not sure if I want to put 87 gas but if it's build for 87 then why not? I have them re-confirm and they said yes to me many many time.... I still can't buy it....
Old 08-02-12, 08:45 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Went to local Lexus dealer last night and they said the RX F-Sport is pending Customs/delivering to them in few days.

This particular dealer has 4 coming.... price will be 52k fully loaded.

Also, they are telling that this new RX will only need 87 gas? Not sure if I want to put 87 gas but if it's build for 87 then why not? I have them re-confirm and they said yes to me many many time.... I still can't buy it....
NO modifications to the engine; same as mine; use 87 unleaded!! end of story! I suggest going to Longo Lexus in El Monte; they have a whole bunch coming!!! They ALWAYS discount!
Old 08-02-12, 10:51 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dctex99
NO modifications to the engine; same as mine; use 87 unleaded!! end of story! I suggest going to Longo Lexus in El Monte; they have a whole bunch coming!!! They ALWAYS discount!
Thanks for the info and suggestion.
Old 08-02-12, 12:28 PM
yipster222
Rookie

What dealer in so.cal? When I went to Tustin last 2 days the dealer have no idea on what they have in stock or care to sell any. Also they have no idea what rx f-sport means.... i guess they are either newbies or met their quotas for the month...
Longo Lexus.

You can get about $1000 to $1500 under invoice on any rx that is in their garage.
Except the F-Sport which they are receiving. I wanted the F-Sport with the 8 speed but it will cost me $4,000 more OTD which I can spend on something else. Plus the car is for my wife which I know she will bang up.
Old 08-02-12, 01:11 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yipster222
Longo Lexus.

You can get about $1000 to $1500 under invoice on any rx that is in their garage.
Except the F-Sport which they are receiving. I wanted the F-Sport with the 8 speed but it will cost me $4,000 more OTD which I can spend on something else. Plus the car is for my wife which I know she will bang up.
I will wait when any of the dealer is willing to lower down to invoice or near invoice. With the new RX capability of using 87 gas; if you drive like me (avg 500 miles a week) I can save about $5200 a year in gas... hope i didn't calculate this wrong..

500 miles a week x 52 weeks = 26000 miles
87 gas is average .20 cheaper than 91 = $5200 of saving.

So for me in one year I can get the money back....even though I'm losing values as I rack those mileages up like MF...

Quick Reply: Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??