RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-12, 10:20 AM
Davisesq21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Riversair
My deal was WITHOUT a trade in... I sold my 2010 Lexus RX 350 on autotrader and got 2k more than the dealer was going to give me. If they ask a name to reference the deal, mine is Bob Stein.. . my consultant who helped me below. Again, mine was 44500 for an in stock one and I paid extra for the remote start...

John T. Skehan, Jr.
Sales & Leasing Consultant
Koon's Lexus of Wilmington
302.427.4400 w
302.690.5473 c
302.427.4409 f
Thanks for the information. I received a quote from Koons (not from your sales rep as I had emailed the dealership before reading this thread) and received a quote 2K above what you paid! I was shocked. I emailed back that I was looking for a much better price.

Nevertheless, without this thread, I would never have shopped around as much as I have and all told, it seems that I will save close to 3K when I buy the car this week. I am waiting for one or two more quotes, and i will give my local dealer one chance to match/beat the lowest price I get but if not, I will head to a dealer out in NJ that actually isnt too far from me. His quote is almost exactly what you paid so I gather there is some wiggle room since its his first price.

Add to the fact that he was extremely nice, not pushy, or aggressive and did not even 'beg' for an appointment. He offered me several options and even gave me a round-about figure for my trade in if I so choose to do it.

I dont think I would have the guts to push for lower prices from my original local quote had I not seen this board or Edmunds message board. So glad I did. That several thousand surely can be used to buy some overpriced gas!

I will let everyone know how my buying process/ journey continues.
Old 08-27-12, 10:39 AM
Davisesq21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CanadianRX
Did anyone get these prices without a trade in? Just wondering.
Every quote I received was without them knowing I had a trade in. My quotes thus far have ranged from 44,601 to 47,850.
Old 08-27-12, 01:46 PM
kpham
Driver School Candidate

just bought a 2013 rx350 last week and was able to get 5k off sticker @ lexus escondido. in san diego
Old 08-27-12, 04:35 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Was this a good deal?

I was with my parents yesterday, they purchased a 9420 (RX Hybrid FWD)
Sticker $54K (moderately loaded, HIDs, Nav, 19 inch wheels, etc.)
Price before TTL $49K (about $5,000 off MSRP)

The thing is that we had a "voucher" that was supposed get the car less than dealer cost...the way it was supposed to be calculated was factory invoice minus 4 times the wholesale reserve cost. IMO, so the price we got was supposedly below dealer cost. However, I don't think my folks got a "great" deal, since the voucher was given to us by a family member who works in Toyota (family purchase program blah). Obviously, the car was purchased in California (at a So Cal Lexus dealer and not the de facto dealer that everyone knows), so the TTL here is around $4,000, so in reality, the car out the door was around 1,000 below MSRP. I felt that this deal wasn't what it was cracked up to be. Reading all these deals here, I felt that my parents should've waited and even got a quote from that other big dealer.
Old 08-27-12, 06:13 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDRAV4
I was with my parents yesterday, they purchased a 9420 (RX Hybrid FWD)
Sticker $54K (moderately loaded, HIDs, Nav, 19 inch wheels, etc.)
Price before TTL $49K (about $5,000 off MSRP)

The thing is that we had a "voucher" that was supposed get the car less than dealer cost...the way it was supposed to be calculated was factory invoice minus 4 times the wholesale reserve cost. IMO, so the price we got was supposedly below dealer cost. However, I don't think my folks got a "great" deal, since the voucher was given to us by a family member who works in Toyota (family purchase program blah). Obviously, the car was purchased in California (at a So Cal Lexus dealer and not the de facto dealer that everyone knows), so the TTL here is around $4,000, so in reality, the car out the door was around 1,000 below MSRP. I felt that this deal wasn't what it was cracked up to be. Reading all these deals here, I felt that my parents should've waited and even got a quote from that other big dealer.
I can't believe a "4 times the wholesale reserve cost" which I assume is holdback; that would truly be below dealer cost and unless it included somekind of "factory reimbursement" because the person was an employee; I can't imagine getting such a price???
Old 08-27-12, 07:17 PM
Riversair
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Davisesq21
Thanks for the information. I received a quote from Koons (not from your sales rep as I had emailed the dealership before reading this thread) and received a quote 2K above what you paid! I was shocked. I emailed back that I was looking for a much better price.

I will let everyone know how my buying process/ journey continues.

Davies, yuck! that's a bad price. What I did, very nicely, was mentioned the *exact* price the other guy had got on his...so I quoted 44500... that's the difference. For the first time in my life, because of club lexus, I told THEM the price. (because I saw it on here - but I didnt tell them that). I am going there on Wednesday to pick mine up - let me know if you need me to press them a little for you! haha
Old 08-27-12, 07:30 PM
saz25
Rookie

Hi,
I just returned from my local Lexus dealership. Armed with lots of research, invoice prices, hold backs, what others have paid, etc, I started to negotiate the deal.

They initially proposed 2K off of MSRP. I said No. I then gave him my offer which was $5500 off MSRP. He then went to see his manager. After 15 minutes he returned and took another 2K off the price.

It still wasn't what I wanted to pay, but I felt good to see that with a little work you could save thousands. I wonder how many buyers would just take the original 2K off MSRP and be "happy".

I eventually said no thanks. I know (or at least I assume) I could do better.

The original MSRP was approx $49,100 for a RX350 AWD w/Premium, Nav, and various other options.

Before I even walked in I knew exactly what options I wanted. I also had written down my starting price and absolute max price. In the end, he was approx $800 above what I considered my max price. We never even got to the point where I would later say that I won't pay documentation fees.

I'm wondering if he will call me this week or if I might call him in a few days.

Thoughts?
Thanks,
saz25
Old 08-28-12, 07:18 AM
Davisesq21
Driver School Candidate

Davies, yuck! that's a bad price. What I did, very nicely, was mentioned the *exact* price the other guy had got on his...so I quoted 44500... that's the difference. For the first time in my life, because of club lexus, I told THEM the price. (because I saw it on here - but I didnt tell them that). I am going there on Wednesday to pick mine up - let me know if you need me to press them a little for you! haha
I appreciate your help so much. To be brief, my salesman at Koons seems bothered by me. It's so odd. I mean, he went from well over 46 to 45k so quickly! He even emailed me stating that your price was 45029 with no remote. I don't believe him. I'm not quibbling with him either. He gave me a price of 45k in the end. Before doing that, I contacted 2 NJ dealers (I'm in NY) and received very competitive quotes. I think I may end up staying local since they will came close to your spectacular deal! I couldn't have done it without you and this forum!
Old 08-28-12, 10:10 AM
Riversair
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate your help so much. To be brief, my salesman at Koons seems bothered by me. It's so odd. I mean, he went from well over 46 to 45k so quickly! He even emailed me stating that your price was 45029 with no remote. I don't believe him. I'm not quibbling with him either. He gave me a price of 45k in the end. Before doing that, I contacted 2 NJ dealers (I'm in NY) and received very competitive quotes. I think I may end up staying local since they will came close to your spectacular deal! I couldn't have done it without you and this forum!
Call John's info...my e-mail is Bob Stein @ activewin . com (no spaces). I will send you my sales order if it helps.
Old 08-28-12, 11:47 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Lots of great info here, wish i waited to buy a 2013. they are popping up everywhere here. 3 just showed up at my church.
Old 08-28-12, 06:10 PM
Davisesq21
Driver School Candidate

Call John's info...my e-mail is Bob Stein @ activewin . com (no spaces). I will send you my sales order if it helps.
Thanks Bob. I appreciate it but that whole email conversation left a bad taste in my mouth...maybe I am being picky but it seems as if he thinks I am lying. I dont like that.

Anyway, on another note. I wet to two Lexus dealers today. One dealer was someone I emailed and spoke with extensively and he gave me the best quote and a range for my trade in. Although he did not back peddle on his quote for the car itself, the trade in negotiation was a complete disaster. I dont know if these dealers think I was born yesterday or what. Not only did he offer me less that the large range he gave me, he said there was NO wiggle room. I was so shocked as my car is in EXCELLENT shape. Before going to him, he knew what my car fax looked like (1 minor accident) . I cannot fathom why sale people do this. I had such a sleazy feeling leaving.

My second dealership was almost just as bad. I had not spoken with this sales person before so I thought it could go really well or really bad. Of course, it went really bad. Great deal for the new car and really bad deal for the trade in. That process though took so much time, I was frustrated and angry that i just decided to go home and regroup.

Looking back, I should have expected as much from the second sales person as both dealer #1 and dealer #2 are part of a large group of dealers in the NJ area. I guess if dealer #1 is going to give you a bad trade in and a great sales price, dealer #2 would do the same. He did.

It seems the best deals to be had are ones without trade ins. I sort of knew this going in but I never realized how bad it was going to be and how poorly they would rate my car. The car is really gorgeous. The tax benefits of trading it in are just too good to pass up.

It just takes so much time at each dealership to get to the point where you have both a sales number and a trade in number that I am getting frustrated and angry. It seems like such a game to these sales people and its almost like they have massive amounts of time to waste on these games.....lets hope tomorrow brings a fair salesperson so I can get a decent trade in.
Old 08-29-12, 02:17 PM
Davisesq21
Driver School Candidate

Bought a car! WOOHOO. Delivery is Friday. More details to come!
Old 08-29-12, 09:02 PM
Riversair
Driver School Candidate

Bought a car! WOOHOO. Delivery is Friday. More details to come!
Nice, which dealer? I picked up mine at Koon lexus today. good experience overall. They told me not to tell anyoen the price I got...lol
Old 08-30-12, 01:44 PM
Davisesq21
Driver School Candidate

Bought it at Rallye Glen Cove on LI in NY. Rallye's trade in price for me was 3500 more than Koons. All told, I was 3500 below MSRP but the trade in saved me a chunk of tax - about another 2k. The sales price was very good and the negotiations were hassle free!

Last edited by Davisesq21; 08-30-12 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 03:04 PM
Bgmom
Driver School Candidate

Bought it at Rallye Glen Cove on LI in NY. Rallye's trade in price for me was 3500 more than Koons. All told, I was 3500 below MSRP but the trade in saved me a chunk of tax - about another 2k. The sales price was very good and the negotiations were hassle free!
Congrats!! Glad you found someone who wanted your cash!
And treated you well.

Quick Reply: Anyone get a discount on a 2013 RX??