RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

sirius/xm radio subscription

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-12, 07:05 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Jim,

You make a very good suggestion. A recent comment on their Facebook page is "you people are vermin". This person seems to be emotionally angry and while to the point, it may not be factual.

A well thought out and properly documented comment to a Facebook page can be helpful and elicit a response from a support staff person. Although if (any company) historically and as a matter of company practice, does not have good support policies, you will continue to get nowhere. If you see a request for help, a response from a support person and then a thank you from the requestor, that is often a good sign the company truly wishes to help their customers.

Last edited by DunWkg; 05-26-12 at 07:07 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-05-12, 12:25 PM
the lof
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default renewing sirius xm

Does anyone have any current information, on deals for renewing the sirius xm service. Thank you in advance for your response.
Old 06-05-12, 12:40 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by the lof
Does anyone have any current information, on deals for renewing the sirius xm service. Thank you in advance for your response.
I received an offer for 6 months $25 in the mail a few weeks back.
Old 06-05-12, 01:49 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by faifai83
I received an offer for 6 months $25 in the mail a few weeks back.
Ii was on the $77 a year deal on my previous car;;;they will tie it on after;; the $77 deal has been going on and off for a couple of years!!
Old 06-05-12, 03:56 PM
mattiv
Driver School Candidate

Default thats cheap

I was told it would be 164 for one year and 299 for 2 and 599 for the life of the vehicle. I can't believe its so expensive for xm. I've had it before and when I cancelled it they offered me a deal at about 7 dollars a month.
Old 06-05-12, 04:10 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My $77 subscription auto renewed at something like the $164 mentioned above. But, other devices I own have expired and I have received an offer for 6 months for $25 (not sure if that is for the entire service) many times. I don't know the status of the $77 special at this point in time.
Old 06-05-12, 04:14 PM
Ciege
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep an eye out at fatwallet.com and slickdeals.com
Search for Sirius or XM and you will find a plethora of conversations about how to get the lowest renewal price.
Old 06-05-12, 05:51 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Sirus XM

I recall there is more than one type of subscription available to XM, i.e. with traffic, weather, etc. All come at different prices. Be careful what they are offering to you at what price. I had XM on my last Lexus and contacted XM when I got the RX to transfer the remaining subscription from the old car to the new one and apply the 90 free that comes with the new RX. Yep, they screwed it up and at the end of 90 days, they cancelled my service and it was a real pain to reestablish service at the basic rate. I rate XM customer service about the same as my cable/internet provider "Comcast/Infinity", i.e. POOR.
Old 06-05-12, 07:50 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

They are a big PITA for sure. I bought lifetime so I won't have to fuss with them again until I trade cars. But I'm supposed to have three free transfers if I keep each car at least three years.
Originally Posted by RGSW
I recall there is more than one type of subscription available to XM, i.e. with traffic, weather, etc. All come at different prices. Be careful what they are offering to you at what price. I had XM on my last Lexus and contacted XM when I got the RX to transfer the remaining subscription from the old car to the new one and apply the 90 free that comes with the new RX. Yep, they screwed it up and at the end of 90 days, they cancelled my service and it was a real pain to reestablish service at the basic rate. I rate XM customer service about the same as my cable/internet provider "Comcast/Infinity", i.e. POOR.
Old 06-06-12, 12:10 PM
kwbuggy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I signed up for the lifetime plan for $469 but it shows up as running out in four years. I phoned them and they said that is just the way their computer system deals with lifetime subscriptions and they assured me that it will roll over for another four years in 2015. We shall see. I haven't had much trouble reaching or dealing with them so far unlike the phone or cable company.
Old 06-09-12, 02:52 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

They offered a free 2 weeks of airtime hoping they'd change my mind and renew, I tried it but I can't stand the mono quality type of audio so I pass on the offer.
Old 06-27-12, 10:57 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Our sirius/xm trial period is about to expire and considering that they no longer offer the lifetime subscription, it was going to take a really good deal for me to stay. I called them yesterday to give them a shot and the customer service from the first person I spoke to was horrible. As many others have said, their customer service levels are really bad. It was to the point where I just said to the lady that it appears that you're distracted by something else so I'm going to let you go and call back. In speaking with the second customer service rep, they weren't able to offer anything special so I'm just going to let it expire. They want a pretty high amount to renew and then they want to tack on some service fee and msuci royalty fee. Forget it. I like some of the channels but not enough to pay for what they're asking. It's primarily my wife's daily driver and our weekend family car and she doesn't listen to sirius/xm so it would have only been on the weekends when we take her car out with the family.

It seems instead of getting more business at a lower price point, they're going for some business at a higher price point. Obviously, their pricing strategy isn't working as their stock price still sucks.
Old 06-27-12, 01:23 PM
the lof
Driver School Candidate

Default sirius renewal

Just renewed my service for $91.16 for the year (866-519-7570). Before always used the $77 special, now it's half off.
Old 06-27-12, 03:54 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

even though i hate the customer service of Sirius XM..
i'm stuck since i listen to Channels 100 and 101 which i won't be able to get on a regular radio..
to other members who listen to the same channel.. Hey Now!
Old 06-27-12, 04:25 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...mine Sirius XM in the Acura MDX 2011 that I just traded in, was never turned off....I was told by someone that knows the sytem that that happens when a person hardly ever uses the system and when they send the signals to disconnect you don not have the XM on.....well....let next owner decide if they want it or not..I ahve no use for XM...I do not spend that much time in the car anyhow....

Quick Reply: sirius/xm radio subscription