RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

sirius/xm radio subscription

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-13, 03:14 PM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

Let us know if you have any questions, and we'd be happy to help, just send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
This is just another point on how their reps don't understand what is being asked of them. I don't think they train these people how to do their jobs. Sad as it could be much better.
Old 03-06-13, 03:15 PM
BobBass
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a year for $98 about a month ago for my '09 Vette. Ridiculous the games you have to play with them.
Old 03-06-13, 04:11 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was told the same "lie", that mine was good until September '13,,,then was billed full price and they would NOT negotatiate with my wife; not even "supervisors" and they were AMERICANS>>>.seems a lost cause unless you are lucky; we will do without for awhile!!
Old 03-06-13, 06:38 PM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr72
So you didn't get anything in the mail like 5 months for $25?

We bought a CPO in late November. They sent a few things trying to get us to bite for $120. Then we got a 5 month for $25 and we jumped on it. We setup a reminder to call a few days before it expires to "cancel" and see what they offer.

Bottom line with XM is to keep calling. Eventually a CSR will offer you the discounted rate.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
I went that route too. Just let my 3 month trial expire and did without XM/Sirius for a couple of weeks. $25 for 6 months is a nice deal. We'll see what they'll do in 6 months - until then I'm paying a bit over $4/month.
Old 03-07-13, 06:47 AM
Ciege
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@SiriusXM
Very cool of you to join the discussion, if in fact you are a rep of SiriusXM...

Can you tell us if anyone there with any sort of power understands that with the plethora of different methods for audio streaming that your current charges are just too much? These threads about how to get 50% off probably wouldn't exist (for the most part) as most people seem to find your prices a little outrageous.

I carry several subs, that I can't merge since one is a "Sirius" radio and one is an "XM" radio. I did get a multi radio discount last year on my 2nd sub, but it required talking with someone for several hours to get it taken care of. ANd they still say they can't merge and sync my accounts...
Old 03-07-13, 07:01 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ciege
@SiriusXM
Very cool of you to join the discussion, if in fact you are a rep of SiriusXM...

Can you tell us if anyone there with any sort of power understands that with the plethora of different methods for audio streaming that your current charges are just too much? These threads about how to get 50% off probably wouldn't exist (for the most part) as most people seem to find your prices a little outrageous.

I carry several subs, that I can't merge since one is a "Sirius" radio and one is an "XM" radio. I did get a multi radio discount last year on my 2nd sub, but it required talking with someone for several hours to get it taken care of. ANd they still say they can't merge and sync my accounts...
I am appreciative of them getting on the forums too. Perhaps they are actually trying to repair the damage that has been done over years past as I haven't renewed service with them in years.

But you are dead on Ciege, the prices are entirely too high, the audio quality for what is being asked for in payment are not proportionate and it's why I always have my two iOS devices for diverse selection of media.

@SiriusXM What can you tell us about that the company is doing for customers. It seems common knowledge that to get a reasonable rate ex. $25 for 6 months, this is pretty easily done. But you have to explain you are leaving and then jump through more hoops. I did this for about a year before I had a 3 month billing mixup and threw in the towel. Doesn't it make sense to just give your customers the bottom dollar deal and keep them rather than waste time and money for both parties with needless hurdles?

If others in here are like myself, then this is a chance for you to recover lost customers. But I'm not going to email and waste more time on a subject matter. I don't even remember what the email address was for the account it's been so long. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-08-13, 01:15 AM
cynalan
Driver School Candidate

I guess I must be the benefactor of their bad customer service... in a good way. When I bought the car, I was givena a free 3-month trial of Sirius/XM. Now the car is 2.5 years old and I am still receiving "free" music... all channels. Shhh, don't tell anyone.
Old 03-08-13, 09:11 AM
AZJoe
Driver

It seems more likely to get a "deal" if you are already a subscriber and it is the end of the month or better yet the quarter and they need to keep subscriber number up to maintain stock price. There is some talk about a new service similar to Pandora, to be launched soon. So the whole pricing system may be modified.

We converted our trial (which included the traffic/nav/weather) subscription to a paid one. We had received a 1 year free internet subscription during the trial period. When we converted to the paid sub, they canceled the internet access. Several calls later, some with reps that couldn't figure it out, they turned it on again. The whole process is fragmented and confusing. The trial subscriptions don't run for same period....expiring at different times. Also the music royalty fee has increased.
Old 03-08-13, 10:09 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AZJoe
It seems more likely to get a "deal" if you are already a subscriber and it is the end of the month or better yet the quarter and they need to keep subscriber number up to maintain stock price. There is some talk about a new service similar to Pandora, to be launched soon. So the whole pricing system may be modified.

We converted our trial (which included the traffic/nav/weather) subscription to a paid one. We had received a 1 year free internet subscription during the trial period. When we converted to the paid sub, they canceled the internet access. Several calls later, some with reps that couldn't figure it out, they turned it on again. The whole process is fragmented and confusing. The trial subscriptions don't run for same period....expiring at different times. Also the music royalty fee has increased.
They truly are fragmented. If the new model does come along, I'd love to see what that does. But seeing as how they haven't responded to this forum, it seems it's just a face saving tactic. They music royalties being increased are an absolute joke. Refuse to play ball on royalty increases and then get this stuff in check. It's not helping the artist, only some fat office schmuck in the big city who feels 2 houses isn't enough.

I like it when it's on trial, but I hate the cutouts in audio, HD fm sounds better, and it's a third of what I pay in cable a month per car at their regular rates excluding the traffic features. They need a reality check.
Old 03-08-13, 05:08 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

I have three vehicles with Sirius XM.We like the choices of stations, but like all of you I can't stand the games they put you through to get a good deal at sub renewal time. I threaten to cancel on all three to get the $88.00 per year just XM.
My Wife's new IS expires in a month and a half. Oh well here we go again.
Old 03-08-13, 10:23 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
I have three vehicles with Sirius XM.We like the choices of stations, but like all of you I can't stand the games they put you through to get a good deal at sub renewal time. I threaten to cancel on all three to get the $88.00 per year just XM.
My Wife's new IS expires in a month and a half. Oh well here we go again.
You can renew all three at the same time (they give you a credit for any unused portion of the other subscriptions). They will transfer them all to a single account. Then each year you call in and negotiate all three at the same time. I think you will find it easier to negotiate when they have the possibility of loosing all three.
Old 03-09-13, 05:01 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by UCSB
You can renew all three at the same time (they give you a credit for any unused portion of the other subscriptions). They will transfer them all to a single account. Then each year you call in and negotiate all three at the same time. I think you will find it easier to negotiate when they have the possibility of loosing all three.
I called Sirius/XM yesterday and put my 3 vehicles on one acct with a 3 having the same new start yearly subscription date.Got the $86 plus tax and royalties promo ($103 each) on vehicles.One had a few months credit when ending date was moved.I didn't have to be transferred to the cancellation dept like usual in the past.
The only issue was I couldn't have all 3 transferred to one acct till Monday because the GS had the 90 days free till Sunday but all the numbers and dates are ready to go .
Old 03-09-13, 09:44 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Jim I think that is a very good point. I had a problem with my Lexus dealer one time with giving the car back to me dirty after service. (was worst after the give it back to me than before I give it to them) and put it on their Facebook page and within two days someone from Lexus was calling me and trying to make me happy over that mess. And as far as Sirius/XM goes it was in my 2010 Camry XLE and it did sound like it was in a can and the radio signal would cut in and out because of all the tress we have in Mobile that hang over the road ways.

Last edited by billy44bo; 03-09-13 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-09-13, 02:10 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

Thanks for the good info.I will definitely call to get my three vehicles renewed together. Calling at three different times in the year is nuts.
Old 03-11-13, 12:07 PM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

We apologize for the miscommunication, could you please send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by dctex99
I was told the same "lie", that mine was good until September '13,,,then was billed full price and they would NOT negotatiate with my wife; not even "supervisors" and they were AMERICANS>>>.seems a lost cause unless you are lucky; we will do without for awhile!!

Quick Reply: sirius/xm radio subscription