RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone know how to shut off NAV?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-12, 09:52 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone know how to shut off NAV?

Minie shows the last screen before getting home??? I even went in and DELETED that address and that screen still shows??? I can shut off the screen in the display mode but when driven it comes back on and tells me to turn right at some street???? I called a salesman and he didn't know; mine had gone home already.....
Old 06-01-12, 03:43 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
Minie shows the last screen before getting home??? I even went in and DELETED that address and that screen still shows??? I can shut off the screen in the display mode but when driven it comes back on and tells me to turn right at some street???? I called a salesman and he didn't know; mine had gone home already.....
Select Destination from the Main Screen then at the top of the screen where it says to Delete Destination select Yes (maybe it says OK, but you will know what to do). That might solve your problem.
Old 06-01-12, 04:14 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Dwight, there is a mountain of information the NAV system can deliver for you and learning it all by just asking questions here is pretty much impossible. We're a good source for individual items but I'd suggest you break out that really big book when you retire for bed. It will insure a good nights sleep . Enjoy
Originally Posted by dctex99
Old 06-01-12, 08:03 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wa3cuj
Select Destination from the Main Screen then at the top of the screen where it says to Delete Destination select Yes (maybe it says OK, but you will know what to do). That might solve your problem.
First thing I did; didn't work!!
Old 06-01-12, 08:04 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Dwight, there is a mountain of information the NAV system can deliver for you and learning it all by just asking questions here is pretty much impossible. We're a good source for individual items but I'd suggest you break out that really big book when you retire for bed. It will insure a good nights sleep . Enjoy
2nd thing I did,,,not much on NAV,,,Nav is simple....lol
Old 06-01-12, 08:24 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Call Lexus Enform and see if they can delete the destination for you. I know they can override it, maybe they can make it go away. The other thing is to delete all settings to return to default. It's buried in the NAV screen somewhere, don't remember the sequence off the top of my head. Otherwise you might need to return to the dealer. Good luck.
Old 06-01-12, 05:41 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

dc,

I could have sworn I read another thread you started with the answer from Lexus Chat, but I can't find that post now.....?

Anyway the answer you got from Lexus required you to turn off the car. SAY WHAT?

So I went to the online manual to check this out and found no reference to shutting off the car to delete destinations. What's weird is I went back and forth between some pages and when I went back to the "Delete Destinations" page, it was no longer available??? So maybe after talking to you Lexus is updating the manual.

Old 06-01-12, 06:13 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DunWkg
dc,

I could have sworn I read another thread you started with the answer from Lexus Chat, but I can't find that post now.....?

Anyway the answer you got from Lexus required you to turn off the car. SAY WHAT?

So I went to the online manual to check this out and found no reference to shutting off the car to delete destinations. What's weird is I went back and forth between some pages and when I went back to the "Delete Destinations" page, it was no longer available??? So maybe after talking to you Lexus is updating the manual.

HI: Yes, I asked the mod to delete that question as YES< I contacted LEXUS CHAT< and yes, it stays on forever after having a destination put in; each time you start the vehicle you will have to click to menu or blank the screen. Chat was very helpful, but had to find their 2013 expert to answer so may be different than 2012 and earlier!! I can live with it,,,,Love my LEXUS
Old 06-01-12, 06:33 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry, but to me, turning off the car to delete a destination does not make sense.

At a meeting in a conference room, someone says, "Hey we'd like to add some really cool applications to the navigation system, but unfortunately we're running short of memory." "Okay, let's make the 'Delete Destination' button do nothing and we can free up some memory" "Great, we can have the driver pull off the road, turn off the car and that will delete the destination"