RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Please recommend accessories for 2013 Rx450h

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-12, 05:22 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Controversial options would include remote start and parking assist. See other threads for comments.
Old 12-01-12, 09:14 PM
dflowers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech liners in 2013 RX450h

Originally Posted by mac12
I got a set of all weather mats from weathertech and got the front side windows tinted to more match the rear ones. I also put a hitch and body side moldings on ours.
Just purchased a 2013 RX450h a week ago. Got the Weathertech liners and have small problem. The plastic pins that secure the stock front floor mats do not fit the holes for the Weathertech liners. The Weathertech mats come with some hooks to use in place of the OEM stuff but I cannot see any easy or obvious way to remove the stock OEM pins without damaging them. Has anyone else had this problem? For now I am not using any pins and the liners seem to be staying in place.
Old 12-02-12, 03:01 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dflowers
Just purchased a 2013 RX450h a week ago. Got the Weathertech liners and have small problem. The plastic pins that secure the stock front floor mats do not fit the holes for the Weathertech liners. The Weathertech mats come with some hooks to use in place of the OEM stuff but I cannot see any easy or obvious way to remove the stock OEM pins without damaging them. Has anyone else had this problem? For now I am not using any pins and the liners seem to be staying in place.
Congrats on your 2013!
Ensure the Weathertech mats you purchased are for a 2013, not for a previous MY -- you may need to return them if you still can. While the size of the floor itself seems to be the same, Lexus changed the location and connector type of the mat secure points in the 2013's and hence 2010-2012 mats don't fit. It's the same issue with Lexus OEM mats.
Old 12-02-12, 04:49 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RxRPh

Curious to know what type of accessories other owners have found useful and where you purchased them. I was thinking about door edge guards, wheel locks, clear bra, etc.
I ordered Door Sills in White.

~ Cap
Attached Thumbnails Please recommend accessories for 2013 Rx450h-sill.jpg  
Old 12-02-12, 05:24 AM
dflowers
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BertL
Congrats on your 2013!
Ensure the Weathertech mats you purchased are for a 2013, not for a previous MY -- you may need to return them if you still can. While the size of the floor itself seems to be the same, Lexus changed the location and connector type of the mat secure points in the 2013's and hence 2010-2012 mats don't fit. It's the same issue with Lexus OEM mats.

Thanks for the info. I went to the weathertech website and they did not yet have liners for the 2013. Guess I should have paid more attention! I put in a request for the product. So far the prior year liners seem to be staying in place. If in fact they do not move around long term then I will keep them.
Old 12-02-12, 06:25 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Cap, I bought the white illuminated sills too. Matches the interior LED bulbs perfectly. That's another great and simple mod to do. What a difference.
Old 12-02-12, 12:14 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dflowers--if you go back to a thread that says Weathertech Floor liners from factory store - last posting on Nov 19, 2012--and go to the last page, you will see that John Henry was in the same situation as you and got the floor liners for the wrong year and he returned them explaining what happened and Weathertech send him the floor liners for model year 2013--he was kind enough to post pics of the front and rear mats (only the fronts were changed to a new anchoring system). These seemed to be in an initial stage of development when he received them but they were supposed to be available at the end of November--so they should be appearing shortly. Please take a look at the post and you will notice quite a difference in the anchoring system. It would be worth a call to Weathertech to explain what happened.

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Old 12-03-12, 09:03 PM
dflowers
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dentate
dflowers--if you go back to a thread that says Weathertech Floor liners from factory store - last posting on Nov 19, 2012--and go to the last page, you will see that John Henry was in the same situation as you and got the floor liners for the wrong year and he returned them explaining what happened and Weathertech send him the floor liners for model year 2013--he was kind enough to post pics of the front and rear mats (only the fronts were changed to a new anchoring system). These seemed to be in an initial stage of development when he received them but they were supposed to be available at the end of November--so they should be appearing shortly. Please take a look at the post and you will notice quite a difference in the anchoring system. It would be worth a call to Weathertech to explain what happened.

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Thanks for the info. I may contact them but after a few days the liners are solidly in place and show no signs of moving. I may just be lazy and leave them as is.
Old 12-04-12, 06:54 PM
m1964
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
The RX series just seems to attract a slightly older group of folks that aren't dead yet but maybe a little more mature from life's experiences. We moderators thank you for the kind remark as I'm sure do the members of the RX forums.
That is why we should have no need for wheel locks-who is going (and able) to steal the wheels?
Old 01-06-13, 02:20 AM
SillyGuy
Driver School Candidate

I agree -- everyone seems super nice on these forums!
Old 01-07-13, 05:37 AM
TorontoRX
Rookie

The rubber, all-weather mats (driver side, passengers and cargo) are very handy and keeps the carpet clean on rainy (or snowy days).

All the best!
Old 02-14-13, 12:09 PM
fupaladin
Driver School Candidate

BertL - Regarding the canine reat seat protector, how easy is it to put on and take off for when you have human passengers in the back seat? Thanks.
Old 02-14-13, 01:27 PM
cossie1600
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is how I handle the dogs and the car seat

Old 02-14-13, 04:42 PM
westden
Driver School Candidate

Default Floor Matts

Cocomats are the best; not porous and hence shed the dirt.

Cocomats.com

Enjoy!
Old 02-14-13, 07:14 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

When gas was .25Cents per gallon, what was the minimum wage for the girls working at Woolworth's? I'll bet they were making 25 Cents per hour on average and if so that would equate to $7.50 per gallon today or one hour of minimum wage. If so, gas is a bargain today compared to .25c "back in the day".

Quick Reply: Please recommend accessories for 2013 Rx450h