RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New member and 1st time Lexus owner saying hi.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-12 | 12:53 PM
rdy4flt
Rookie

Default New member and 1st time Lexus owner saying hi.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say Hello. This past friday I traded in my 2005 Saab for a Certified Pre-Owned Smoky Granite Mica 2010 RX450H FWD with 28,000 miles on it. Came with Comfort, Sport, Premium packges as well as the roof rack.

So far I am very please with the car, very smooth and better MPG than my turbo Saab wagon. I'm interested to hear if anyone has any tips or things I should know about this car. There are many more features on this car vs. my Saab so any help figuring everything out the better. I drove the car yesterday and figured out quite a bit but I'm sure there is much I don't know.

Rudi
Old 08-12-12 | 01:00 PM
NCRon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rdy4flt
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say Hello. This past friday I traded in my 2005 Saab for a Certified Pre-Owned Smoky Granite Mica 2010 RX450H FWD with 28,000 miles on it. Came with Comfort, Sport, Premium packges as well as the roof rack.

So far I am very please with the car, very smooth and better MPG than my turbo Saab wagon. I'm interested to hear if anyone has any tips or things I should know about this car. There are many more features on this car vs. my Saab so any help figuring everything out the better. I drove the car yesterday and figured out quite a bit but I'm sure there is much I don't know.

Rudi
Welcome. I just bought my third Lexus, a 2013 RX350 with all the bells and whistles. I am sure you will love Lexus. It is the best car I've ever owned and the Lexus dealership I deal with is the best dealer I've ever encountered. Lexus is a cut above all others. I've owned Cadlllac, Lincoln, Porsche and Mercedes and none can hold a candle to Lexus. Our old Lexus, a 2005, was a color called "Flint". Beautiful car and the paint held up well for all seven years I had that car. When I traded it, I had just over 84K miles on it and it looked brand new. Someone is going to get a great car, the same way I bet that you just did. Enjoy Lexus. I think you will find that you made a great purchase. And the Lexus CPO warranty is the best out there though I doubt that you will ever need it.
Old 08-12-12 | 01:14 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Welcome Rudi and congrats. The best thing to do is spend some time with the manuals. While they're pretty large, the information in there will make you appreciate your RX even more. Also check out the 3rd gen hybrid forum to learn more about the 450h. You can register on Lexus.com too. Most importantly enjoy it!
Old 08-12-12 | 01:25 PM
rdy4flt
Rookie

Originally Posted by NCRon
Welcome. I just bought my third Lexus, a 2013 RX350 with all the bells and whistles. I am sure you will love Lexus. It is the best car I've ever owned and the Lexus dealership I deal with is the best dealer I've ever encountered. Lexus is a cut above all others. I've owned Cadlllac, Lincoln, Porsche and Mercedes and none can hold a candle to Lexus. Our old Lexus, a 2005, was a color called "Flint". Beautiful car and the paint held up well for all seven years I had that car. When I traded it, I had just over 84K miles on it and it looked brand new. Someone is going to get a great car, the same way I bet that you just did. Enjoy Lexus. I think you will find that you made a great purchase. And the Lexus CPO warranty is the best out there though I doubt that you will ever need it.
Thank you. I have always loved Lexus and have no doubt I will thoroughly enjoy the car. I agree about the CPO warranty, the dealer went over the details and it is nice to have that piece of mind. My wife and I were going to buy new and we drove everything from the new Prius V to a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I almost pulled the trigger on a 2013 Audi A3 but then I was searching online and found this used RX. We went to a different Lexus dealer and test drove a new RX 450H just to get a feel for the car and fell in love. We went to check out the used RX and next thing you know we bought it. I was quite sad to part ways with my Saab. I bought it new in 2005 and did some mods to it; It was my baby.. Great memories with that car but time to create new memories in our new car.

Rudi
Old 08-12-12 | 01:27 PM
rdy4flt
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
Welcome Rudi and congrats. The best thing to do is spend some time with the manuals. While they're pretty large, the information in there will make you appreciate your RX even more. Also check out the 3rd gen hybrid forum to learn more about the 450h. You can register on Lexus.com too. Most importantly enjoy it!
Thanks I will definitely crack open that massive manual. It's about 3x larger than any other manual I've had...lol.

Rudi
Old 08-12-12 | 01:39 PM
BertL
Racer

...and my congratulations as well, Rudi on your RXh. As Anita suggests, make your way through the manuals as soon as you can, it's the best place to start, and the forum is here along with us to try and help along the way if we can. Be sure to sign yourself up on "My Lexus" as part of Lexus.com. One very useful thing there is the manuals are online with keyword search, so once you have a feel of what you are trying to figure out by first glancing through the manuals, it's a lot faster to find answers or mor info vs thumbing your way through 6" or so of hard copy. Welcome!
Old 08-12-12 | 01:47 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Rudi, welcome to our club Lexus. As everyone has suggested, I'll add +1 on reading the manuals. The car is a wonderful but complex machine with features most cars don't offer at any price. Start with the 'reading' room for a nice quite place to absorb the material . Well I'm at least getting ready for a glass of red .

When you get a chance, post photos of your new ride, see ya around the boards
Old 08-12-12 | 01:55 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome and enjoy your Lexus. This is my first Lexus and I am sure it won't be my last. Lot's to learn about the RX but everyone here is a great help.
Old 08-12-12 | 02:35 PM
rdy4flt
Rookie

Originally Posted by BertL
...and my congratulations as well, Rudi on your RXh. As Anita suggests, make your way through the manuals as soon as you can, it's the best place to start, and the forum is here along with us to try and help along the way if we can. Be sure to sign yourself up on "My Lexus" as part of Lexus.com. One very useful thing there is the manuals are online with keyword search, so once you have a feel of what you are trying to figure out by first glancing through the manuals, it's a lot faster to find answers or mor info vs thumbing your way through 6" or so of hard copy. Welcome!
Oh wow, that online manual will prove to be quite useful. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-12-12 | 02:56 PM
rdy4flt
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Rudi, welcome to our club Lexus. As everyone has suggested, I'll add +1 on reading the manuals. The car is a wonderful but complex machine with features most cars don't offer at any price. Start with the 'reading' room for a nice quite place to absorb the material . Well I'm at least getting ready for a glass of red .

When you get a chance, post photos of your new ride, see ya around the boards
Thanks Jim! Ya know, glass of wine and the owners manual may just be how I will spend my time tonight. Pictures will come very soon.
Old 08-12-12 | 02:57 PM
rdy4flt
Rookie

Originally Posted by MEP7557
Welcome and enjoy your Lexus. This is my first Lexus and I am sure it won't be my last. Lot's to learn about the RX but everyone here is a great help.
I'm feeling the same way so far.
Old 08-12-12 | 03:31 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Welcome to CL Rudi. Spending some time on CL will make your ownership more enjoyable. You can tell us anything.....anything. I promise you'll get responses, not all alike, but mostly very sincere.
Old 08-12-12 | 03:44 PM
James281
Driver School Candidate

welcome to the forum rdy4flt

i am also first time lexus owner too lol walked in the dealer to get my wife the RX350 and i walk out with 2 Lexus 2013

She got the Honda CRV before this and I drive the Accord...
Attached Thumbnails New member and 1st time Lexus owner saying hi.-img_3170_small.jpg   New member and 1st time Lexus owner saying hi.-img_3173_small.jpg  
Old 08-12-12 | 03:58 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Welcome James, quite a nice looking pair of 'new borns' , I'm pretty sure this page has spurned the economy a tad .
Originally Posted by James281
welcome to the forum rdy4flt

i am also first time lexus owner too lol walked in the dealer to get my wife the RX350 and i walk out with 2 Lexus 2013

She got the Honda CRV before this and I drive the Accord...
Old 08-12-12 | 04:22 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rdy4flt
Hi everyone,

Rudi
Congratulations Rudi on your purchase.
+1 on reading the manual
here's some quick tricks on the top of my head..

in order for your side mirrors to move downward when you're in Reverse, make sure that either the L or R control button is lit.

the picture shows NONE of the buttons are lit, so the side mirrors won't move down when you're reversing

Quick Reply: New member and 1st time Lexus owner saying hi.