RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

4 day report card with the 2013 RX 450h

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-12, 10:26 AM
shanmand
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4 day report card with the 2013 RX 450h

My first 4 days impressions of the RX.

The good
  • The ride is more quite in comparison to my 2010
  • There is definitely less body roll on the 2013 compared to the 2010, the ride seems stiffer
  • The steering wheel is really top notch, I hated the smaller size of the 2010
  • The leather seems better than the previous; it feels more durable. I also like the stitching on the seats, it adds a touch of luxury. We'll wait and see how it wrinkles over time
  • The brake noise when engaging hill start has been sorted
  • The side panel rattle that was on my 2010 is not present on this one
  • Wind noise is also absent
  • The rear passenger seat belt rattle has also been fixed
  • The navigation locks are a bit relaxed this time, I can now access the previous destinations and memorised destinations while moving. On the 2010 I could only access the shortcuts.
  • I can also access the telephone directory while moving, which I couldn't before. The phonebook also transfers automatically, no need for manual transfer anymore
  • The best feature is the ability to select iPod tracks and playlists while moving. I actually sent a letter of complaint about this one on my 2010 as it was really a danger rather than a safety as I always needed to disconnect the iPod select the playlist and reconnect it whilst driving
  • The DRL welcomes you as you approach the car at night
  • A dedicated EV button is a welcome, wish the added the sport one as well
  • Addition of traffic notification and rerouting is also a nice touch. I'm also glad that it offers options to stay on a route with accidents instead of automatically diverting
The not so there for me
  • Removal of hard drive, even though I did not use it much, it came handy every time I took my car for service as I did not need to carry my iPod. This has also lead to the removal of Gracenote database for CD title lookup (What's up with that?)
  • Wood seems a bit on a darker side compared to my 2010, its going to take a bit of time to get used to it
  • Manual activation of leaving home function does not make sense in this day and age (it was cool in the 90's, even a VW Polo does this automatically these days)
  • Selected interior temperature is only displayed on the navigation screen
  • Wish HUD could display more than the current speed, it would be nice to see the station name and/or music
  • The location of the ODO Trip button sucks was hopping that they would reallocate it
  • Manual release of footbrake and petrol cap
  • Manual engagement of hill start assist (WHY LEXUS WHY)
  • Rear wipers are still manual, surely if the car has rain sensor why does it not make sense to make it available on the rear window as well
  • PDC should be flushed into the bumper, why aftermarket look on a luxury car
  • Please illuminate the buttons at night, how are we supposed to turn on the reading light if you can't see it
Now that I've complemented and ranted I am going back to her to take her for a ride. She's the best out there.
Old 08-21-12, 12:01 PM
Bgmom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it! Got mine on Sunday afternoon but too busy with a newborn to take the car out for a ride. Going to soon!