RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Just discovered: Key fob rolls down windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-12, 10:49 AM
TomT127
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just discovered: Key fob rolls down windows

I read something last week on the internet about how some new cars have the capability to roll down the vehicles windows using the remote key fob. (Press unlock once then press unlock again and hold down button). I tested it on my 2012 RX and sure enough it works. It not only rolls down all the windows but opens the sun roof. This is probably old news to those of you that actually took the time to read the manual in it's entirety, but for those of you that are retarded like me, this may be something you didn't know. Kind of a nice feature if your returning to a really hot car.
Old 09-07-12, 11:32 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TomT127
I read something last week on the internet about how some new cars have the capability to roll down the vehicles windows using the remote key fob. (Press unlock once then press unlock again and hold down button). I tested it on my 2012 RX and sure enough it works. It not only rolls down all the windows but opens the sun roof. This is probably old news to those of you that actually took the time to read the manual in it's entirety, but for those of you that are retarded like me, this may be something you didn't know. Kind of a nice feature if your returning to a really hot car.
Definitely something that has been around awhile, at least on the RX. Several generations now.

The Owner's Manual is huge, however, it is in everyone's best interest to take some time to read through it. When in doubt, RTFM!!!
Old 09-07-12, 01:43 PM
sarhento
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is good to know as my BMW has this feature but it's not a two-step process like you described. You simply press and hold the unlock button and it opens all the windows and sunroof.

Last edited by sarhento; 09-07-12 at 01:44 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 09-07-12, 01:56 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Definitely something that has been around awhile, at least on the RX. Several generations now.

The Owner's Manual is huge, however, it is in everyone's best interest to take some time to read through it. When in doubt, RTFM!!!
Yup, even my first gen RX has it!

Definitely, take the time to read the OM, there is a lot of information in it.
Old 09-07-12, 10:18 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Its a great feature to have especially in the Texas heat.
Old 09-07-12, 10:28 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks! i know this feature, but i haven't used it for the longest time.
i'm thinking of using it again tomorrow
Old 09-08-12, 06:43 AM
tfischer
Forum Moderator

Received 233 Likes on 170 Posts

Welcome to 2001. However, thanks to you, now everybody knows, and we were trying to keep it a secret. But thanks for not telling about the hidden button that operates the front seat vibration feature.
Old 09-08-12, 08:56 AM
dougef
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - I guess I must be the only Lexus owner that did not know this. Thanks.
Old 09-08-12, 09:17 AM
tfischer
Forum Moderator

Received 233 Likes on 170 Posts

Oh, Doug.
Methinks you generalize from insufficient information.
From the posts here, almost nobody reads the manual, so surely you are not the only owner who has gone around rolling down his own windows. Now, however, you won't have to live like that.
Old 09-08-12, 09:32 AM
VVRX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomT127
I believe this feature was available on my wife's 2002 ES.
Old 09-08-12, 09:43 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think we need THREE threads on this amazing feature!! (available back in the 90's on many GM products
Old 09-08-12, 09:49 AM
TomT127
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL. I'm new to the luxury vehicle club. Never had a vehicle that did this much stuff before and learning something new every day. Honestly, I've tried reading the manual but I learn a lot more from this forum than the manual the way it's laid out.
Old 09-08-12, 12:50 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Windows

Mine wasn't the windows. About 2 months after I got my RX I touched the small black pad on the lift gate. And it started to close by itself.

If your fairly new to the RX. Put away the manual. Read all the stickys at the top of this page. And on the other models of Lexus cars. You would be surprised at the little tricks that your car has.
Old 09-08-12, 01:34 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFWes
Mine wasn't the windows. About 2 months after I got my RX I touched the small black pad on the lift gate. And it started to close by itself.

If your fairly new to the RX. Put away the manual. Read all the stickys at the top of this page. And on the other models of Lexus cars. You would be surprised at the little tricks that your car has.
oH my gosh; mine does that toooo,,,curl my hair and call my Myrtle!!!!!
Old 09-08-12, 04:20 PM
Alpy64
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nota: using the key for shutting all openings (windows and roof) is possible only if the car has been programmed for this function by the car dealer before delivering to customer because sometimes this function is not active (often encountered in France).

In addition, when you push the button off (turning off the car) while lights are on (double led lights), my lights do not switch off automatically (even after a while) although it was possible on the 400h black edition (time selection in seconds was possible) I had before the 450h. And YOU ? did you try this?

Quick Reply: Just discovered: Key fob rolls down windows