RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Thorougly impressed with Lexus service!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-12, 07:21 PM
rdy4flt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thorougly impressed with Lexus service!

Bought my CPO 2010 RX450H and being a pre-owned car there were a few little things that I inquired about. I know it's a CPO not a new car so I didn't expect the dealer to do anything as most used cars are as-is but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. My rear bumper looked like it had been bumped when the previous owner had it...there were marks from the license plate screws of another car. I also noticed that the back bumper was misaligned. Along with that the front bumper seams didn't look like they were lining up so I asked them to adjust it and there were a few minor scratches around the car that I asked about, again not expecting them to do much. I took the car in, got a 2012 ES loaner car and they replaced my entire rear bumper and bumper brackets. They took out the scratches but forgot to fix the front bumper so I took it back last week got a CT200 loaner and they decided to give me a brand new front bumper as well. lol...I can't believe it! I am 100% satisfied with the dealerships service...very impressed. My car will be ready by Monday, then I will be able to finally take some nice pictures and post them up. When I bought the car it didn't have roof rails so I had that installed when they were fixing the rear bumper the first time and I had LoJack installed.

Rudi
Old 09-07-12, 10:14 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Im glad they took care of you.
Old 09-07-12, 10:45 PM
plusONEran
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

which lexus was this at?
Old 09-07-12, 11:28 PM
rdy4flt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plusONEran
which lexus was this at?
Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills
Old 09-08-12, 05:12 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Great story for all the non-believers that talk of "stealerships" all the time. Some dealers, such as yours go the extra mile in the name of customer sat -- well beyond expectations and what they are contractually required to do by the warranty. FABULOUS! ...now, get out there and enjoy that ride!
Old 09-08-12, 05:34 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

The difficulty with the sagging rear and misaligned front must be a comon problem on the Japanese made '10s, as I've read a couple accounts of this and had it myself, well the car had it. When I showed it to the service advisor, he ordered parts no hesitation. I don't consider my dealership a "stealership". We only escalated a problem to a regional level once and my SA suggested it and seemed happy to do it.
Old 09-08-12, 05:45 AM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree the escalation process works well. Some folks on the board seem to get irritated they need to go through this, but I was fine with it the two times I've done it at the recommendation of my SA. Seems local dealers can only go so far in their own judgement for warranty items, and I get that. Anyway, my two examples were one with a big run of paint under the clear coat on the hood of my SC430 that was only visible when the light hit it in a certain direction, and an almost foot-long cut in the carpet (which I still believe was done by some jockey doing dealer prep -- but didn't say that). Both situations were rapidly resolved to my satisfaction upon return and inspection by the Regional guy -- new multi-layer painted hood and complete new carpet in the car. Perfect.