RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Undecided on color combo for 350 RX '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-12, 08:55 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Pensivern, only you can make that decision. It sounds like color combination is most important. Go with your gut. OCD is part of the game whatever color you get. It happens when you buy a Lexus I'm out there year round trying to keep the 450h clean. It's a losing battle. Not to say you can't have fun when the RX is less than pretty. I started this thread a while back to deal with my OCD angst. Sometimes you just have to embrace it rather than fight it. BTW, my first RX was black with medium grey interior.
Old 10-16-12, 11:19 AM
whoDean
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered Deep Sea Mica (blue) ext/Black analine interior yesterday. Sales guy said my choice was the least common color sold, but blue is my favorite color and I realized I've never owned a blue vehicle...so I went with it.
Old 10-17-12, 12:54 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pensivern
Thanks for the feedback; I spent alot of time staring at the color combos yesterday at the dealer but I guess another visit where I just sit in the interior for awhile is in order. I really wanted to like the saddle, but it's a little Rusty in color, I wish it was a softer cognac/caramel hue.

I think the parchment interior is the prettiest but I'm craving a deeper color exterior; How does anyone feel about a nebula grey exterior with parchment interior? Is that breaking all the rules not pairing a grey tone with black or light grey interior? Once the previous poster mentioned the parchment having grey mats, I thought it could pull the look together......please continue with any thoughts, it's back to the dealer tomorrow.
We have the Nebula Gray with Parchment on our 2013 and love it. We looked at every color combination at many dealers. The Gray was towards the bottom of our list originally, as we thought it would be dull, but was the only color that kept looking better and better the more we looked. We finally went to a very large dealer in another state to see all the combinations at one time, and Nebula Gray was the winner.

Once we decided on the Nebula Gray exterior, the interior was easy. We originally wanted the saddle tan interior until we saw it up close, and it never did match up well in our opinion. We were disappointed, as we were looking forward to getting it since it was first announced back in March. The gray interior looked good, but couldn't make ourselves like the Ebony Birds-eye Maple wood. The Parchment, in our opinion, was a perfect match. Lots of silver, black and gray inside to compliment the Parchment. Also the Espresso Bird's Eye Maple wood looks top of the line. The gray floor mats match up very well. We had Parchment on our 2010 with 39,700 miles, before trading it in, and had no wear or cleaning issues.
We also had our windows tinted, and it really looks sharp compared to many of the other colors.

Good luck with your personal choice. Let us know what you decide.
Old 10-17-12, 03:31 PM
Pensivern
Driver School Candidate

I finally decided on the nebula grey with Saddle interior; no, it's not a matchy matchy look, but I really love the deep grey color with the cognac.....I think it's a classy not quite so contrived combo that the black exterior would've been.. I nearly went with stargazer black but decided it was too harsh looking. I too liked the nebula grey with parchment although the dealer looked at me like I had 2 heads when I mentioned it as grey is usually paired with grey or black, not the beige family. But, again, I'm not drawn to the typical common combos. I did sit in a saddle interior parked next to a nebula grey car and it was ME!!! Now I just have to wait til they can locate one!
Old 10-17-12, 03:54 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I finally decided on the nebula grey with Saddle interior; no, it's not a matchy matchy look, but I really love the deep grey color with the cognac.....I think it's a classy not quite so contrived combo that the black exterior would've been.. I nearly went with stargazer black but decided it was too harsh looking. I too liked the nebula grey with parchment although the dealer looked at me like I had 2 heads when I mentioned it as grey is usually paired with grey or black, not the beige family. But, again, I'm not drawn to the typical common combos. I did sit in a saddle interior parked next to a nebula grey car and it was ME!!! Now I just have to wait til they can locate one!
Not sure how common Nebula grey with saddle interior is in the standard Lexus order mix, hopefully your dealer can find one with the options you really want. To me, getting the desired options would be more important than interior color but go with what is important to you.
Old 10-17-12, 07:18 PM
swamyb
Driver School Candidate

I would suggest deep sea mica with saddle tan interior. Very rare combination. You may have to custom order it.
Old 10-19-12, 10:04 AM
Pensivern
Driver School Candidate

My dealer called, found the car I want in chosen colors.....it'll be in by mid November!!!!
Old 10-19-12, 10:39 AM
upnorth85
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife is interested in a Nebula Gray with black interior. Does the dirt on Nebula Grey show up. She currently has a silver/metallic color which does not show any dirt. Any feedback from owners of Nebula Gray?
Old 10-19-12, 11:27 AM
Pensivern
Driver School Candidate

From all the reading I've done on the forums, Nebula grey will show some dirt but will disguise it and any scratches much more than black, but less than the silver which always seems to look clean in my opinion. I went with what I love (the nebula) and will learn to deal with the consequences.
Old 10-19-12, 07:30 PM
upnorth85
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Pensivern.
That is exactly what I told my wife. Go with the color you like and you can always wash your Lexus more frequently. Anyway, this weekend she plans to decide on the color and I will do the negotiation with a dealer who will give us the maximum discount (no financing).

From all the reading I've done on the forums, Nebula grey will show some dirt but will disguise it and any scratches much more than black, but less than the silver which always seems to look clean in my opinion. I went with what I love (the nebula) and will learn to deal with the consequences.