RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

In the Market for a 2010 CPO RX350

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-12, 06:52 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default In the Market for a 2010 CPO RX350

I've gone through the stickies and researched a few other things, but I was wondering if someone could tell me what the real world concerns are about this vehicle. I've seen that there are some rattle issues with door panels, roof rails, and rear spoiler area. But can anyone encapsulate the things I should look for in the 2010 before purchasing? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
Old 10-19-12, 11:29 AM
RXinNJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my 2010 CPO for about a year and a half now. Overall I've been extremely pleased. The only issue I had was a squeaking rear strut, which was replaced under warranty with no hassle. The warranty to 100k was big for us because we put about 25k a year on our cars.
Old 10-19-12, 12:02 PM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Old 10-20-12, 09:36 AM
2011RX350
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No squeaks or rattles or complaints here...

Mine is a 2011 CPO purchased in February.
A couple of things to look for -
- tow prep package: extra cooling will pay reliability benefits in the long run even without towing, especially if you make many highway trips in extreme heat, plus you can actually install and use a hitch if you want,without fear of cooking your transmission
- park assist is really nice unless you like scraped up bumpers
- 18" wheels&tires ride better and are less expensive to replace - i would trade my 19"ers if possible
- darker carpet looks nice longer - i do not like the light colored carpet
- heated seats and AWD if you live in colder parts of the country
- the NAV is nice but the software is crap. I really dislike having to stop and put it in Park to do so many things necessary to navigate, use blurtooth, etc. Cheap Garmins are way better if you get a big enough screen. But the built-in NAV is a more elegant installation
Old 10-20-12, 10:11 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Have a 2010 bought two years ago and have had ZERO issues .... no squeaks, rattles or any other problems. If the price is right and it fits your needs there is no reason to run away from it.
Old 10-22-12, 07:00 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I pulled the trigger over the weekend. I'll pick up the car in a couple of days. I found a 2010 CPO with 3,400 miles on it! That's not a typo. An elderly woman leased the car for 3 years and hardly drove it. There is virtually no wear on this vehicle. The interior leather is like no one has ever sat in it. It still has the new car smell! I feel like I got a new car, not a pre-owned one. It's absolutely pristine. I drove it for a while. I could detect no squeaks, rattles, or wind noise. I plan to keep it for at least 10 years, so having the extremely low miles is a real benefit to me.

It has most features except the ML stereo, semi-aniline leather, HUD, and power folding mirrors. Although nice, none of those features were "must haves" for me. It does have the park assist sensors, which I definitely need, and NAV. Living in So. California, the summers get hot. I was thrilled that the seats are heated and cooled. My former ES350 had the ventilated seats. That helped a little. But the cooled seats will be much better on those hot days. I look forward to being part of this forum. I'm coming over from the ES350 forum. Thanks again, everyone.

I have a couple of questions. For those of you who have NAV with XM, how effective is the NAV traffic feature? Also, is it OK to use regular octane gasoline? Thanks

Mike

Last edited by MDames2; 10-22-12 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-22-12, 10:05 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MDames2
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I pulled the trigger over the weekend. I'll pick up the car in a couple of days. I found a 2010 CPO with 3,400 miles on it! That's not a typo. An elderly woman leased the car for 3 years and hardly drove it. There is virtually no wear on this vehicle. The interior leather is like no one has ever sat in it. It still has the new car smell! I feel like I got a new car, not a pre-owned one. It's absolutely pristine. I drove it for a while. I could detect no squeaks, rattles, or wind noise. I plan to keep it for at least 10 years, so having the extremely low miles is a real benefit to me.

It has most features except the ML stereo, semi-aniline leather, HUD, and power folding mirrors. Although nice, none of those features were "must haves" for me. It does have the park assist sensors, which I definitely need, and NAV. Living in So. California, the summers get hot. I was thrilled that the seats are heated and cooled. My former ES350 had the ventilated seats. That helped a little. But the cooled seats will be much better on those hot days. I look forward to being part of this forum. I'm coming over from the ES350 forum. Thanks again, everyone.

I have a couple of questions. For those of you who have NAV with XM, how effective is the NAV traffic feature? Also, is it OK to use regular octane gasoline? Thanks

Mike
Congrats .... but actually the RX's seats are not air cooled, all they do is blow cabin air so they are the plain old ventilated style. And in my experience they are pretty minimal in their effectivness. This is one feature I could actually do without.

I just drove to CA and used regular gas while I was there, no issues. I'll throw in a tank of premium once in awhile but notice no difference in the way the vehicle drives.
Old 10-22-12, 04:20 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats! What a great find. Those are the best vehicles to find. Enjoy it for a very long time