RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

F-Sport Pricing & Info....?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-12, 09:23 PM
BLACKURA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Pricing & Info....?

Greetings;

Been a member of CL for a few years, but never owned a Lexus. I was pretty well known in the Acura world, as I had 4 very tastefully modded TLs. I've grown old from the heavy modifying game, but still like to drive neck breakers. The RX350 F Sport has my eye;

I buy a new car every 12-16 months (I'm not rich, just crazy)... Generally put $0 down, and carry a high monthly note....So I know a lot about the buying process, negotiating, etc.. Currently I have a 2012 Audi A6 Prestige S-Line. I was about to pull the trigger on the new GS350 F-Sport in February when it first launched, but I ran into so much mis-information, that I fell in the love with the Audi instead and never really looked back.

I dont have much time to shop around, etc....as I work like 60-70 hours a week. Stopped by a local Lexus dealer, and priced the RX F. Apparantly they just came in, and its not even on Lexus's website. I had the SAME problem when the GS came out. It wasn't online, nobody would give me a straight answer, and I felt like the Lexus dealer was pulling my chain (it was a different dealership).

So I got my offer back today, and it was $1100 off MSRP of $51,xxx and a $500 rebate. I almost laughed. Thats about 2% off the MSRP. Salesman told me it was the only deal/incentive possible on the car.

He also told me the F-Sport came fully loaded, no options, and it was "as is"

I couldn't find any info online about invoice, packages, pricing, etc.... The sales guy knows I know my stuff about cars, so I'm not sure if he's telling me the truth, or taking me for a sucker.

What I am asking is..... What should I be paying for this car? I was looking to get at least $4k off the sticker, which is about 8%. Every car I've bought I always manage to get about 8-15% off MSRP.... Even on the A6, which I custom ordered from the Factory, and is a highly limited production car

Any help would be great!!!
Old 12-01-12, 04:32 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Wish I can say you'd get the 8% minimum off, but at least up here in Toronto, got just shy of $3K off (about 5%) and that was "an amazing" deal and possible because I was a three time repeat buyer at the same dealer and same sales rep. I'm similar to you in that I have to change cars every one to two years due to my insanity and passion for cars, and at least up here in Canada, there is not much wiggle room for high-demand cars (i.e. as with the RX). However, you can expect that the more options you add (and are able to), the larger the rebate you can get (i.e. your A6) since that's where the majority of the markup is versus a "standard as-is" model. The F-Sport in Canada is an as-is model. No options.

BTW, wife and I love our F-Sport and here's some for inspiration.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...wrap-pics.html

Good luck
Old 12-01-12, 11:12 AM
BLACKURA
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the update.... I'm going to check with another dealer, and if thats the case.... I'll probably hold out... I always seek a great deal, and plus i have about $3k negative equity in my A6 (I'm always upside down about $2-$4k on my trades) because I flip them quickly.
Old 12-01-12, 12:06 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

BLACKURA, you have location on your side. There are plenty of dealers in the area. I'd e-mail a bunch of them with what you want and let them come to you with their best offers. Good luck.
Old 12-01-12, 12:58 PM
bextreme1
Driver School Candidate

I don't know where in NY you are but in Westchester, you should be able to get 4-5k off. I have been getting my RX's from Lexus of Greenwich and they have always given me a great deal. Also, I heard the F Sport is not exactly selling that well. I think the F Sport is not worth it because unlike other car companies who put out a sport version, the F Sport has the same engine and horsepower. Yes, the suspension is different, but who buys an SUV for it's handling! Your A6 will outhandle any SUV. If one wants handling, buy a sports car! My RX handles just fine for an SUV. When I want power and handling I get in my corvette!