RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-13, 03:21 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzalu
Formerly owned at 2010 RX-350 AWD

1) 3.5L
2) Nebula Gray Pearl
3) BSM, Navi, IPA, Door Edge Guards
4) None
5) Male, 47

Purchased yesterday. Take delivery on Tuesday.. pics to follow I got it for about $60 more than the dealer offered me the base model for. He said they could not move the last 5 F Sport models in stock so they were literally giving them for not much more above cost without even trying. It was a no brainer.

When I asked why weren't folks taking them off their hands, he said most folks hated the stiffer ride... Ha!! Winner!
Have a great time with your RX. Im sure itll treat you well!! OMG people call the RX F Sport stiff? Try getting into an SQ5 or a Q7 S line, thats what you call DAMN stiff! Rattles your teeth out they do!
Old 07-28-13, 06:02 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Congrats gonzalu. That's an interesting statement the dealer made about people not liking the stiffer ride on the F-Sport. Then again I have yet to see one on the road by me so it may be true. The ride isn't exactly jarring, just not mushy. Oh well, their loss, your gain. Enjoy it and make sure you post some pics. It's mandatory
Old 08-01-13, 04:53 AM
gonzalu
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Anita, I know, I was dying to post them but NO CAR!! OK so I finally picked it up on Tuesday. Just got around to taking some pics... here they come

While getting the mandatory (ugh) tour. I just want my car, let me have it! lol

Finally, she is in [my] hands!

Last edited by gonzalu; 08-01-13 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-01-13, 04:58 AM
gonzalu
Driver

Sorry for the *****ty iPhone pictures. I will do a proper photo shoot soon

Old 08-01-13, 05:01 AM
gonzalu
Driver

Originally Posted by rayaans
Have a great time with your RX. Im sure itll treat you well!! OMG people call the RX F Sport stiff? Try getting into an SQ5 or a Q7 S line, thats what you call DAMN stiff! Rattles your teeth out they do!
I know... I was afraid actually. I never TEST drove it as they didn't have one in demo. But I didn't care. I wanted the damn big rims lol.

I finally had my first longish drive. I LOVE IT.. it is just right for the family. I prefer Ferrari stiff, of course, but, I have to worry about the wife complaining so it is just enough stiff for me and not so much for them to cry about it. Totally perfect balance in my opinion. I would say they could have used slightly wider rubber as well. But I won't complain too much. A wider patch would make turns that much more enjoyable https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ima...es/biggrin.gif
Old 08-01-13, 08:36 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

She's a beauty! Same color combo I plan on my 2014 RX purchase.
Old 08-01-13, 08:47 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Awesome pictures , gonzalu. A few would've sufficed, LOL! But I know it's hard to do that especially on the first day. Glad the family enjoys the F-Sport too. The suspension helps make up for the not so wide tires. So you'll still enjoy the turns. I know I do
Old 08-02-13, 07:26 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics. Good Luck with your F-Sport. When I trade up in a couple of years, I will look into that. My 2012 silver RX has been great,albeit mundane but comfortable.
Old 08-03-13, 09:56 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

ooooh shiny. Take care of it! And a word of advice, those tires look mighty shiny but please make sure you scrub it off or itll fly all over your bodywork. Looks silicone based too
Old 08-03-13, 01:23 PM
gonzalu
Driver

Originally Posted by rayaans
ooooh shiny. Take care of it! And a word of advice, those tires look mighty shiny but please make sure you scrub it off or itll fly all over your bodywork. Looks silicone based too
Thank you .

Yeah am well aware of the Armor-All "like" products. I usually do it myself with a very light application and then let it dry properly. Nothing I hate more than sprinkled Armor-All on my doors :P This particular time it was literally 5 minutes and 2 miles from the dealer after I picked it up!
Old 08-04-13, 08:45 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gonzalu
Thank you .

Yeah am well aware of the Armor-All "like" products. I usually do it myself with a very light application and then let it dry properly. Nothing I hate more than sprinkled Armor-All on my doors :P This particular time it was literally 5 minutes and 2 miles from the dealer after I picked it up!
My dealer was 30 miles away and had to go on the motorway on the way back. Sprayed all down the sides of my new car . Was a pain to get off too!
Old 08-05-13, 02:51 PM
TommyV67
Driver School Candidate

Default RX350 F-SPORT.....turn off seatbelt chime

I've seen posts that tell you how to disable your seatbelt chime on an RX, but I tried them all, and nothing worked. I called my dealer, and a service tech told me that they no longer allow you an option to do this on 2013's. has anybody else tried? Has anyone else succeeded? If so, please let me know.
Old 08-05-13, 05:59 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Gonzalu, congratulations. WOW, love ALL the pics!

I got the same color RX F-Sport. I even added a little carbon fiber wrap in the front bumper, mirrors and rear emblem to further enhance the sporty look (see beginning page 1 of this entire thread).

The ride is "just right" - perfect balance between comfort and bodyroll/handling and wife is happy with it too. On early Sunday mornings, I take it to some backroads in my area and enjoy the twisties
Old 08-30-13, 06:25 PM
CSSLDR
Driver School Candidate

Default New ride

Picked this up today.

2013 RX F Sport
Obsidian
w/Nav, BSM, and PA

problems uploading pic

Last edited by CSSLDR; 08-30-13 at 06:36 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 08-31-13, 03:52 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by CSSLDR
Picked this up today.

2013 RX F Sport
Obsidian
w/Nav, BSM, and PA

problems uploading pic

Congratulations on your new F-Sport! Post future comments on it, we'd love to hear from you. And for the pics, try resizing them in Paint if you have Windows to a smaller size as size is sometimes a problem.

Quick Reply: F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread