RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-13, 08:05 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LexusNN. Do you know if any of them is running any discount below invoice for these F ? I rather drive home from Virginia than buying limited options at invoice here...damn Ohio
Old 03-29-13, 08:20 PM
aumate
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought a NGP F-Sport with HUD and the only thing missing is ML for $46,200 and crossbars thrown in. Pick it up tomorrow.

Will be the family hauler with me being the primary driver since I work from home. Wife gets the IS 250. Age 30, wife 35.
Old 03-31-13, 07:55 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
LexusNN. Do you know if any of them is running any discount below invoice for these F ? I rather drive home from Virginia than buying limited options at invoice here...damn Ohio
Below invoice, I doubt. I would make a call first and try to work a deal over the phone. They are looking to get rid of them and mention you are willing to make the long drive. Worth a shot
Old 03-31-13, 08:24 AM
kl323
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, sounds like you guys are getting steep discounts. When my family bought, we only got it for 2k below msrp.

Guess this really depends on time and location.
Old 03-31-13, 05:40 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by aumate
Just bought a NGP F-Sport with HUD and the only thing missing is ML for $46,200 and crossbars thrown in. Pick it up tomorrow.

Will be the family hauler with me being the primary driver since I work from home. Wife gets the IS 250. Age 30, wife 35.
Congratulations aumate! Love the fact that you have an IS as well in the family. Post pics when you can.
Old 04-01-13, 08:25 AM
aumate
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congratulations aumate! Love the fact that you have an IS as well in the family. Post pics when you can.
Will do once I get the front lip replaced. Just noticed it has depression marks on it. Seems like it's from them strapping down the vehicle while transporting.
Old 04-01-13, 09:21 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just picked up 2013 rx350 fsport this past Saturday. Excuse the phone pics.
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-photo.jpg   F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-image.jpg  
Old 04-01-13, 09:50 AM
XZLR8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love seeing all of the other colors for the F-Sport, as I only saw the Nebula and the Silver on the lots before I made my purchase.
Old 04-01-13, 09:56 AM
XZLR8
Driver

Oh, and here's a quick iPhone pic. The front windows were tinted to match the OEM back. I'd love to do something (black) to the strip of NGP bumper that separates the upper and lower grille, but I'm not sure what.
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-lexusrxf.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (05-30-23)
Old 04-01-13, 11:39 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Congrats, looks great! Most people take it to get vinyled on that middle bumper. Or you could use a product called plasti dip. Very cheap, flat black look to match the lower plastic part. It can be used for a long time or just to see if you would like it and peels off easily
Old 04-01-13, 11:44 AM
XZLR8
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Congrats, looks great! Most people take it to get vinyled on that middle bumper. Or you could use a product called plasti dip. Very cheap, flat black look to match the lower plastic part. It can be used for a long time or just to see if you would like it and peels off easily
Appreciate the tip. I'm not big into mods, so it's not something I've ever done, but that sounds like a great solution. Maybe this is a stupid question, but what sort of place does that? I'm not sure where to start...
Old 04-01-13, 05:58 PM
gaylonw
Driver School Candidate

Default New F Sport in Deep Sea Mica

I bought this for my wife recently and the color combination is really nice.
The dark blue metallic paint and the black with white perforations leather work really well together.
I added another F Sport Logo to the left side of the rear deck, I like the symmetry and IMO, it looks like it belongs there.
It is my wife's DD, but I like it allot as well.
The 8 speed transmission and the HD suspension give the truck a very responsive throttle with handling that is not run of the mill Luxury SUV.
I would also add, that this combination really differentiates it from the rest of the RX family in a good way, making it a very sporty ride, like a Porsche Cayenne S on a budget.
The FJ in the background is my 2012 Trail Teams, another very capable SUV, IMO.
I like both of these trucks allot ....gm.
[ATTACH]F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-photo.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-rear.jpg  
Old 04-01-13, 09:32 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XZLR8
Appreciate the tip. I'm not big into mods, so it's not something I've ever done, but that sounds like a great solution. Maybe this is a stupid question, but what sort of place does that? I'm not sure where to start...
You can buy plasti dip at any home improvement store or amazon or dipyourcar.com. The vinyl, I'm not sure of specific places because I've never had it done but many have done it. There are a few on the GS forum who may mention places
Old 04-02-13, 05:03 AM
XZLR8
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusNN
You can buy plasti dip at any home improvement store or amazon or dipyourcar.com. The vinyl, I'm not sure of specific places because I've never had it done but many have done it. There are a few on the GS forum who may mention places
Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!
Old 04-02-13, 01:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by darkoozy
Just picked up 2013 rx350 fsport this past Saturday. Excuse the phone pics.
Congrats darkoozy! Looks like stargazer black? if you don't mind, for this thread, we ask the following to tally up. Thanks!

2) Exterior Color
3) Major features/options
4) Any modifications done
5) Gender and Age Group (M/F, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, etc)

Quick Reply: F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread