RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Satin cashmere vs star fire pearl

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-12, 10:08 AM
Traveler13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satin cashmere vs star fire pearl

Have a great offer with trade in for a satin cashmere with backup camera, blind spot monitor, etc from a dealer. I tend to hold onto cars fit 9-10 yrs. my first color choice is star fire pearl but can't find it at this price ( dealer wants to clear their inventory).
I don't feel the need for nav, but have considered due to posts. Would you take your 2nd color choice at a great price or spend $3-4k more for pearle with nav from another dealer?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 12-03-12, 10:47 AM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For as long as you'll keep the car, I think it's worth spending the extra money to get what you want. I once purchased a car that was not configured how I desired and ended up selling it much sooner than I originally planned. I guess what you need to ask yourself, was Satin Cashmere a color you sought out, a true 2nd choice, or is it 2nd only because of the price? Just don't have any regrets. Good luck.
Old 12-03-12, 12:27 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

We actually went the other way. We first considered a hybrid because they didn't have an RX350 in the color we wanted. We decided that we didn't want to compromise on the color, so we spent more to get what we wanted. I'm not sure we could be any more happy with our decision.

The way I see it, you spend the money once, but you see and drive the car every day. After spending 50K for a car, I wouldn't want to be reminded every time I saw it, that it was our second (or third) choice.
Old 12-04-12, 11:38 AM
Traveler13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you!

I really appreciate your sharing your experiences - I'm usually pretty confident when making decisions like this but was struggling with the logic of a good deal vs getting what I want. I do plan to wait to get what I want ---- your experiences convinced me --- thanks again!
J
Old 12-04-12, 10:00 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

My vote is to go for the "Satin Cashmere" deal. My brother has a Garmin Nav on his dash and loves it. I have had 7 Lexus over the years and loved the colors on all of them I've had tan, dark green, white (several times) and now have a 2013 "Deep Sea Mica" and love it. When I was in jr. high & high School, my family had a "Black" car and I waxed and washed it many times over the years. This new dark "Deep Sea Mica" Blue is very similar to the old black car. My last two Lexus' were white, there are a lot of white cars out there, especially in the hot desert climate of NM. The interior of the new car is Saddle Tan leather seats with black floor and door trim. More durable and less likely to show minor scuffs. I purchased the car mostly because I preferred the interior and the way it was outfitted. The color was not my first choice at the time. I have noticed that there a whole lot of "white" vehicles out there, but few dark blue. So, as I stated earlier, go with the Satin Cashmere and don't look back, you will learn to love it.
Old 12-07-12, 09:55 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RGSW
My vote is to go for the "Satin Cashmere" deal. My brother has a Garmin Nav on his dash and loves it. I have had 7 Lexus over the years and loved the colors on all of them I've had tan, dark green, white (several times) and now have a 2013 "Deep Sea Mica" and love it. When I was in jr. high & high School, my family had a "Black" car and I waxed and washed it many times over the years. This new dark "Deep Sea Mica" Blue is very similar to the old black car. My last two Lexus' were white, there are a lot of white cars out there, especially in the hot desert climate of NM. The interior of the new car is Saddle Tan leather seats with black floor and door trim. More durable and less likely to show minor scuffs. I purchased the car mostly because I preferred the interior and the way it was outfitted. The color was not my first choice at the time. I have noticed that there a whole lot of "white" vehicles out there, but few dark blue. So, as I stated earlier, go with the Satin Cashmere and don't look back, you will learn to love it.
RGSW, I would love to see pics of your Deep Sea Mica RX! Post pics when you get a chance.