RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Please review: Any other features I should get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-12, 05:25 AM
Rxhopeful
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mac12
The last things you need to add is the tinted windows and body side moldings. You have everything that I got and can probably get the two things I mentioned thrown in.
Thanks for the heads up, Mac12. Going to add those to the list!
Old 12-21-12, 08:11 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxhopeful
Thanks, JRey, I think I will stick with the Obsidian/Parchment combo. i just want to make sure how to take the best care of it, since I plan on keeping it for a long time. So, it comes with black mats? Thanks for the tips on the pinstripe and the tint.
as far as after care...just get it professionally detailed a couple times a yr and youn will be fine. I do that myself, but wouldntb expect you to do as such. There are plenty of good sealants..i use Zaino products that will minimize swirls. I wouldnt do any aftermarket pain protection and such...waste of $ imo...if u ask im sure they have something at Lexus they can put on for you...for a nominal fee...not needed imo...I buy black cars because they look great when clean and I personally keep my cars looking nice and never have seen it be abig issue more than any other color. Lastly ...just personal taste..I dont like the side moulding on a Lexus...takes away the look...again just me. Let us know what you end up with/ I wouldnt delay anymore though...and inventory may be low because they don't want a ton of cars sitting on lot at yr end.

Last edited by JRey350hou; 12-21-12 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-21-12, 08:24 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Obsidian paint is softer than the other paints. That is a proven fact, by myself of course. I managed to scratch the obsidian paint swatch in the dealership with my fingernail. The solid paint seems to be much much more delicate. Stargazer will be a better option, as well as looking better too.

Oh and definately add the rubber bumper protector on the back. Shopping and suitcases scratch the bumper really easily! I had an obsidian RX with beige interior before my F Sport. My OCD wife kept complaining that there was a new scratch on the car every day and that the interior got too dirty. Hence, my new F Sport is starfire pearl/black

Last edited by rayaans; 12-21-12 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-21-12, 09:37 AM
naplesam
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll also suggest HUD. Pricey, but I have it on current GMC and love it. <------which is being replaced with a 2013 RX with HUD. HUD may not be readily available and thus a car with it may have to be ordered, mine is still months away.
The following users liked this post:
Seabone726 (04-04-20)
Old 12-21-12, 12:10 PM
Rxhopeful
Rookie

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
as far as after care...just get it professionally detailed a couple times a yr and youn will be fine. I do that myself, but wouldntb expect you to do as such. There are plenty of good sealants..i use Zaino products that will minimize swirls. I wouldnt do any aftermarket pain protection and such...waste of $ imo...if u ask im sure they have something at Lexus they can put on for you...for a nominal fee...not needed imo...I buy black cars because they look great when clean and I personally keep my cars looking nice and never have seen it be abig issue more than any other color. Lastly ...just personal taste..I dont like the side moulding on a Lexus...takes away the look...again just me. Let us know what you end up with/ I wouldnt delay anymore though...and inventory may be low because they don't want a ton of cars sitting on lot at yr end.
Thanks for the reassurance JRey...lol I don't think it will be too much of a problem. I agree, there is something about a nice, clean black car that looks awesome! Also, I think the parchment interior against it looks just so classy.

Funny you mentioned the body side molding...after I posted about it after Mac12's recommendation, I went online and looked at pictures of rx's with and without the moldings to make sure I knew what it was exactly. I have to say, I agree, I think the rx looks better without it.
Old 12-21-12, 12:13 PM
Rxhopeful
Rookie

Originally Posted by rayaans
Obsidian paint is softer than the other paints. That is a proven fact, by myself of course. I managed to scratch the obsidian paint swatch in the dealership with my fingernail. The solid paint seems to be much much more delicate. Stargazer will be a better option, as well as looking better too.

Oh and definately add the rubber bumper protector on the back. Shopping and suitcases scratch the bumper really easily! I had an obsidian RX with beige interior before my F Sport. My OCD wife kept complaining that there was a new scratch on the car every day and that the interior got too dirty. Hence, my new F Sport is starfire pearl/black
Rayaans, excellent suggestion on the rubber bumper protector! In my previous cars I have done my fair share of scratching up the bumper. Definitely need to ask for that!