RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Built in Japan or Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13, 06:37 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
i check 5 dealers in socal and all the f-sport are made in canada. But, the very first RX-Fsport i saw landed to us was made in Japan.

question - does anyne here have f-sport with ML?

I got the Mark Levinson.

To note, all F-Sports sold in Canada cannot be purchased with options. It comes as one model with NAV, ML, HID, HUD as the major options. What's unavailable is BSM and pre-collision among the major items I wish were offered and for $60K it's a bummer. That's what one-tenth the US market gets you.
Old 01-28-13, 07:11 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by RX808
Here in Hawaii the Lexus seem to all be made in Japan. Not sure but it may have to do with the fact that our dearlerships have no affiliation with Lexus of North America.
Which is true.

RX 350 F SPORT is not available in Hawaii per their website. Hence Japan only vehicles. Since there is a large demand for RX here in North America, there is a production mix of Japan built and Canada built RX.

RX 350 F SPORT comes exclusively with an 8 speed AT for North America, all other markets get the 6 speed AT. Because of this, the Cambridge, ON Canada plant is the only plant in the world to make the RX 350 F SPORT w/8 speed AT as it's only available in North America for now.

http://www.servcolexus.com/Distribut...&view=brochure

**RX F-Sport package not available in Hawaii**
Old 01-28-13, 07:42 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I got the Mark Levinson.

To note, all F-Sports sold in Canada cannot be purchased with options. It comes as one model with NAV, ML, HID, HUD as the major options. What's unavailable is BSM and pre-collision among the major items I wish were offered and for $60K it's a bummer. That's what one-tenth the US market gets you.
Ic. I guess mine is not top of the line as it doesn't have ML but does have park assist or BSM, which is probably more important than having ML.... But man, i wish i have ML so can watch movie while driving....

so i wonder how that 1st RX fsport i saw came from Japan when every other one was built in Canada? Anyway - as long there is no problem with the car it won't matter when it's from....
Old 01-29-13, 12:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
Ic. I guess mine is not top of the line as it doesn't have ML but does have park assist or BSM, which is probably more important than having ML.... But man, i wish i have ML so can watch movie while driving....

so i wonder how that 1st RX fsport i saw came from Japan when every other one was built in Canada? Anyway - as long there is no problem with the car it won't matter when it's from....
It's highly unlikely an RX F SPORT Japan built would have ended up here in the states. Perhaps it was the Sport Appearance package? RX F SPORT for North America comes exclusively from Canada.
Old 01-29-13, 08:57 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
It's highly unlikely an RX F SPORT Japan built would have ended up here in the states. Perhaps it was the Sport Appearance package? RX F SPORT for North America comes exclusively from Canada.
Nope. It was made in Japan. At the time I was there they had 1 SA and 1 FSP side by side for comparison because it was that dealer's first fsport. Oh well, it's gone and I didn't take pic, but that was the reason why i kept asking dealer for Japan one and all the sales told me they haven't seen one...