RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Discouraged search for 2013 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-13, 01:54 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wlpncp
BertL: What Bridgestone tires do you have? Which Michelins would you have gotten if you could have?
Bridgestone Dueler H/L came on the truck from Japan and is what I am running with. If you are not aware, dealers don't get to specify the type of tires that come on the vehicles, and the plants have been known to use different brands, so if you want something specific, you'll have to negotiate it with the dealer who will have to do the swap once the vehicle arrives at the dealership. I didn't do the research on Michelins for my 2013, but there are other posts with what folks are running... I just can't remember off the top of my head.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-02-13, 07:12 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mac12
As I said in an earlier post look at the inventory at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. Find the one you want then email them for a price. At times they have as many as 300 RX's to choose from. I bought my first Lexus from the dealership in south Nashville, but never again. Definitely get the BSM and the comfort package on the new RX, along with the 19" wheels and Michelin tires. Sewell will start with about 9% off of MSRP, but that is negotiable as well. We emailed each other for about two weeks before we agreed on a price. A drive to Dallas over the weekend to pick up a new RX is not a bad trip, especially if you save a few thousand dollars.
I wholehearitily agree with Mac. I too have purchased my last 2 Lexus vehicles @ sewell , although I live 4 hrs away in Houston Suburbs. They are much more pleasant to deal with than the 2 Houston dealers that I have attempted to negotiate with. The nice thing is Love fiELD IS 2 MINS FROM DEALERSHIP AND THEY WILL pick up if you fly in. Any event as Mac mentioned you should be able to be in the 9-12% disc range depending on your research and negotiating skills. Back in Nov 2012 when I purch for my wife they offered the xtra 1000 incentive if you financed through lexus Finance. Rate was 1,9%...which I did at 36 mos...then I just refin through my credit union --1.4% at 24 mos so my fin chgs will be very very low...less than $ 300, being will complete terms in 18-20 mos or so probably. Whatever you decide definitely get the comfort pkg with BSM , also fwiw request Michelins, they will switch with another vehicle. Let us know your outcome..good luck !!
Old 02-03-13, 10:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

(1) keeping Parchment leather clean. Would Light Grey leather be better in this regard? Would Light Grey look as good as Parchment with the Claret Mica?

That's a personal preference but I would think so. I prefer gray and black interiors over tan/beige interiors.

(2) the car has heated and ventilated front seats, but not the Comfort Package. I really wanted the Comfort Package. Is it worth it?

Yes. Comfort Package is a must. You can always retrofit HID's into the standard, but the factory HID illuminates better than any aftermarket set.

(3) the car has 19" wheels. They look nice, but I was thinking about getting the 18" wheels for better ride and less noise. True?

Yes, if comfort is your main objective, the 19's do ride a bit louder and stiffer...plus 19" tires are generally more expensive to replace.

(4) I am willing to forget the Pre-collision System, but still really want BSM. Is BSM a useful safety feature worth digging in my heels for?

Yes. Although no electronic feature is a replacement for good driving judgement, it's a useful feature to have. The best feature is BSM with rear cross traffic alert. It's not available on RX but it is on the new ES and LS.

Won't it be true that if I take the car on the lot, I'll be able to bargain, whereas if I hold out for Light Grey leather, 18" wheels, the Comfort Package and the Premium Package with BSM, I won't have much/any negotiating room? (The salesman already said he would "give" me the 19" wheels on the car on the lot.)

If you special order a car your chances for negotiating from MSRP are slim to none. Now if you can see if that particular build you're now looking for is available and is something your region orders, you have a good chance of getting a good deal. Any car on the lot, especially an aging unit, you have a better advantage in getting a great deal.

Also, has anyone heard about a Lexus buyers incentive coming in February?
Thanks to all

Not at the moment but the best times for Lexus incentives are: Lexus Golden Opportunity (End of Summer) and December to Remember (November into Early January).

Last edited by flipside909; 02-03-13 at 10:57 AM.