RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Give this guy a chill pill

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-13, 03:06 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Give this guy a chill pill

Came across this article, published Feb 8th:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...627821308.html
Old 02-09-13, 05:00 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Link didn't work for me.
Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Came across this article, published Feb 8th:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...627821308.html
Old 02-09-13, 06:37 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Link didn't work for me.
Harsh review on the RX in particular its Remote Touch in the Wall Street Journal.

Weird, I tried in Opera, Firefox, and IE and all work by clicking the link. Try copy/pasting this link in between the quotes:

"http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323452204578287850627821308.html"
Old 02-09-13, 08:12 AM
VVRX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that this thread should be moved to a different forum.
Old 02-09-13, 10:28 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That reviewer always has it in for non-European cars, especially Lexus/Toyota. If it was a BMW he would be in love with it. Take it with a grain of salt, he is just a fan boi of European cars.
Old 02-09-13, 10:55 AM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evitzee
That reviewer always has it in for non-European cars, especially Lexus/Toyota. If it was a BMW he would be in love with it. Take it with a grain of salt, he is just a fan boi of European cars.
Yet the sytems he praised in the article are both from US vehicles, Cadillac and Ford. In a backhand way, without coming right out and saying it, he took a swipe at European cars with his comment about **** based controllers which are in virtually all Euro cars.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 02-09-13, 12:11 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Thanks, that got it for me. But quit reading 1/2 way through, waste of time keeping my eyes open . I guess he needs a button/icon that say's 'BACK'. Clearly he never learned what the 'return' arrow was for . I wouldn't pay too much attention to his article, I doubt his column is very popular. And not to paraphrase a known politician but didn't he 'vote for it before he voted against it' ??? As he admitted in the column. Oh, that's right, the harsher ride of the 'F' sport made it harder to use .
Harsh review on the RX in particular its Remote Touch in the Wall Street Journal.

Weird, I tried in Opera, Firefox, and IE and all work by clicking the link. Try copy/pasting this link in between the quotes:

"http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323452204578287850627821308.html"
Old 02-09-13, 01:02 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

He said he wants to take an ax inside the car to do damage...? I stopped reading there.
Old 02-09-13, 02:15 PM
westden
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport

After reading this link and others, perhaps I need to re-think my interest in a purchase. I also read the comments of the owner after 2 years....
Old 02-09-13, 03:24 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If we believed every review that we have read, we would never buy anything. Someone always has something negative to say about any given product. I like my RX and the remote controller, don't regret the purchase for a minute. To each their own, which is why so many different cars exist.
Old 02-09-13, 03:25 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

westden, don't let those threads influence your decision. It's a heck of a lot easier to describe what you don't like about something than it is to say what you do like about it. There'd be nothing to talk about, LOL. The best thing to do is investigate for yourself and see if these are issues for you before you make a decision.

Satan, really? That's about as absurd as the idea of using hand gestures I could go so many places with that comment, none good.
Old 02-09-13, 04:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by kitlz
westden, don't let those threads influence your decision. It's a heck of a lot easier to describe what you don't like about something than it is to say what you do like about it. There'd be nothing to talk about, LOL. The best thing to do is investigate for yourself and see if these are issues for you before you make a decision.

Satan, really? That's about as absurd as the idea of using hand gestures I could go so many places with that comment, none good.
Yeah, absurd is an understatement, plus the axe usage comments....

WESTDEN: kitlz is right. People (including myself) post about the most minute issues more so than praises but it's because most of us are passionate about our cars. I am on my 17th car now with the CT and RX F-Sport being the 16th and 17th vehicles and they are by far the best vehicles I have ever owned. My priorities are Reliability, Quality/fit-finish, Low NVH, and Fuel Economy and neither BMW, MB, Audi, Acura, or any other manufacturers match Lexus in these areas. These are facts, not opinions. You have to see what's important to you and check out other forums of other cars you're considering to ensure a level playing field and don't be surprised to find more impacting issues than a seat that's fan cooled and not AC cooled (but it's reliable!).

PS, if you're interested in the F-Sport, check out some of my posts and others' who basically love their F-Sport including the ride and handling most criticized by automotive journalists, but ultimately, go for a long test drive and evaluate it yourself
Old 02-09-13, 04:17 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Well said.
Yeah, absurd is an understatement, plus the axe usage comments....

WESTDEN: kitlz is right. People (including myself) post about the most minute issues more so than praises but it's because most of us are passionate about our cars. I am on my 17th car now with the CT and RX F-Sport being the 16th and 17th vehicles and they are by far the best vehicles I have ever owned. My priorities are Reliability, Quality/fit-finish, Low NVH, and Fuel Economy and neither BMW, MB, Audi, Acura, or any other manufacturers match Lexus in these areas. These are facts, not opinions. You have to see what's important to you and check out other forums of other cars you're considering to ensure a level playing field and don't be surprised to find more impacting issues than a seat that's fan cooled and not AC cooled (but it's reliable!).

PS, if you're interested in the F-Sport, check out some of my posts and others' who basically love their F-Sport including the ride and handling most criticized by automotive journalists, but ultimately, go for a long test drive and evaluate it yourself
Old 02-10-13, 07:20 AM
tfischer

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

I agree. I saw the article in the paper, and was surprised that he would spend all that time and all those words on the mouse controller in the new Lexus RX, which is also in some other models as well. I thought that it was well settled that the various NAV systems of control (touch, wheel, mouse, voice) each had some advantages and disadvantages, and like most things of this sort, it comes down to taste and personal preference. I'm a big fan of the touch screen myself, but that's the only kind I have ever had. I don't even have voice commands. I can't imagine the control mode being such a major factor in a car to send me elsewhere, as surely you can get used to what the design minds at Toyota/Lexus think is a pretty good idea.
In other words, "I don't particularly like it" would have sufficed, and would have freed up a whole page for more interesting automotive news.
Old 02-10-13, 11:30 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by tfischer
I agree. I saw the article in the paper, and was surprised that he would spend all that time and all those words on the mouse controller in the new Lexus RX, which is also in some other models as well. I thought that it was well settled that the various NAV systems of control (touch, wheel, mouse, voice) each had some advantages and disadvantages, and like most things of this sort, it comes down to taste and personal preference. I'm a big fan of the touch screen myself, but that's the only kind I have ever had. I don't even have voice commands. I can't imagine the control mode being such a major factor in a car to send me elsewhere, as surely you can get used to what the design minds at Toyota/Lexus think is a pretty good idea.
In other words, "I don't particularly like it" would have sufficed, and would have freed up a whole page for more interesting automotive news.
Agreed. Pretty pathetic and desperate.

What will he say next that is so horribly wrong with the RX? Oh I got one: "...the RX is so boring it is sinful. Shame on Lexus for making the car too reliable limiting surprise trips to the garage!"

Quick Reply: Give this guy a chill pill